Book of Boba Fett (possible spoilers)

T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Book of Boba Fett (possible spoilers)

Post by T'Pau »

If you have watched the post credits scene of the second season of the Mandalorian, you have seen the first images of the upcoming spin-off for Boba Fett.

Boba and Fennec have taken the former Jabba the Hut's palace as their own. Wow!

This will air in December 2021, likely before the third season of the Mandalorian.

Really looking forward to see where this story goes!!!

How about you?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Book of Boba Fett (possible spoilers)

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I am, too. I've always liked Fett, and Fennec is just a total badass.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Watched episode 1: Thanks Favreau and Filoni, you've got another good one! Lots of places to go with the episode 1 set up.
One odd thing: some of the action sequences seemed quite slow, almost over choreographied and not up to 'filming speed' yet.
Plenty of easter eggs for the observant viewer to spot.
Looking forward to the other six episodes in season one!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Episode 2: fun take off on old Westerns scenes with more than a dash of Dune tossed in...all points to a good series..keep 'em coming!!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Episode 3: the factions all vying for control of the town are heating up. Fun moment between Boba and his new pet, which should feature heavily in later episodes I'm guessing.

Overall, I wouldn't say this is 'as good' as the Mandalorian, but it is still plenty of fun!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Wow...episode 5 was all about the Mandalorian...sooo good...sets up cross overs and on to season 3 of Mando!!!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Episode 6: more Mando, a total kickass reprisal of another few characters...big build up for the finale of episode 7 next week.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'll just repeat the joke i've seen all over the internet concerning the past two episodes.

"Boy, those were good episodes of the Mandalorian, but what happened to the Book of Boba Fett?"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Exactly!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:10 am I'll just repeat the joke i've seen all over the internet concerning the past two episodes.

"Boy, those were good episodes of the Mandalorian, but what happened to the Book of Boba Fett?"
Yeah. Only 7 episodes and the last two were Mandolorian.

They improved the deep fake for Luke. This time it wasn't nearly as noticeable as before.

I would have liked to have seen the first meeting between Luke and Ashoka.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

It really feels like the show has little direction with what they want to do with Fett as Daimyo of Mos Espa, whatever the hell that means! Hell, I would've preferred if he had stayed with the tribe!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Betting the Luke/Ashoka will be further explored in her spin-off.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:18 pm It really feels like the show has little direction with what they want to do with Fett as Daimyo of Mos Espa, whatever the hell that means! Hell, I would've preferred if he had stayed with the tribe!
Daimyo is a Japanese word for the Japanese equivalent of "feudal lord." I know this because I used to read manga. I guess Hutts that rule worlds are Daimyo. Also, killed the tribe off too quick. And did that female Tusken raider get killed as well? The ass-kicking one? I remember the leader's corpse but, I might have missed the black and red clothing being burned.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:32 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:18 pm It really feels like the show has little direction with what they want to do with Fett as Daimyo of Mos Espa, whatever the hell that means! Hell, I would've preferred if he had stayed with the tribe!
Daimyo is a Japanese word for the Japanese equivalent of "feudal lord." I know this because I used to read manga. I guess Hutts that rule worlds are Daimyo. Also, killed the tribe off too quick. And did that female Tusken raider get killed as well? The ass-kicking one? I remember the leader's corpse but, I might have missed the black and red clothing being burned.
Sorry, sorry. I should've clarified I meant in the show itself, because Fett doesn't do much lording or crime. He's just... there. And it was heavily implied she was killed, too. What a damned waste of her and the tribe.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:44 pm
Nutso wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:32 pm
Sorry, sorry. I should've clarified I meant in the show itself, because Fett doesn't do much lording or crime. He's just... there.

Ah, gotcha. This is way convoluted but, maybe he's doing all this just to get those Pykes and destroy them for killing his tribe? I don't know. I know in the former canon, Boba was rebuilding the Mandalorians clans a decade and a half after ROTJ, but I don't remember if he ever become a crime lord.
And it was heavily implied she was killed, too. What a damned waste of her and the tribe.
I thought that Raider was invincible. She had the most spectacular action scene in the tv shows. Smashing a speeder into a train car, jumping onto said train car, kicking the bad's guys' asses, so the rest of the tribe could move forward. She single-handedly turned the tide of the battle. Why get rid of her?! Make her like, the Lone Raider or something.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park