Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Mandalorian Season 2 *SPOILERS*

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:12 pm Not sure if the title changed, but I tried

Update: Looks like the title change is just in this post, but not throughout
I fixed the top post, which is the one you see on the main list.

On a separate note you can add a video to the forum inside of a Spoiler tag if you want to.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That's all that is needed. I will post my thoughts later on.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

spoiler alert: Grogu isn't a puppet, but an actual Baby Yoda from a galaxy far far away and is the one that came to tell us all about the galactic republic, the empire and rebellion, though he has no clue where on mustafar the first order stuff came from, because he told George Lucas. Of course being of a slow-growing long-lived species he still looks like baby yoda and is pretending not to be able to speak,, or maybe he just spoke with george (and filoni and Favreau) like he did with ahsoka...

:d
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Anyway...

Some have suggested that Baby Yoda's DNA or whatever was used to create Snoke. Also random one liners about a new order. So there is a possibility that despite what some YouTube guys say, the Sequel Trilogy is being retroactively set up. Maybe, the plan is to fix the Sequel Trilogy inbetween each movie with the shows.

Also the Luke that shows up in Mandalorian versus the blue milk titty sucking hobo we got from The Last Jedi needs more elaboration on. Like we saw on Mandalorian is more in line with what we saw in the Return of the Jedi.

Speaking of which, Luke's lightsaber combat style seems a bit different from the Prequel Trilogy aJedi who also fought droids. He seemed to be more brutal.

Mandalorian also continues the trend of the Uncanny Territory. The better we get with CGI the more it sets off alarms in our head that this CGI face is off. We are not sure what it is, maybe the mouth, maybe the skin, maybe the eyes. Who knows. Humans are very good at looking at faces. It's part of tens or hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.

Also I think the Dark Saber is a more powerful form of lightsaber over the regular ones we have seen. It can heat up Mandalorian steel (I am not attempting to spell it), whereas Ashoka's lightsaber didn't.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Beskar, maybe?

I wish they had only shown Luke from the back, perhaps with the glove off at some point. Hearing the voice-over with no facial image would have been enough (for me). That CGI facial crap, be it de-aging or creating from earler film capture, is just too creepy! Really spoils moments that clearly could have held their own when thought out more carefully and not rushed to pluck our memory strings in such an unpleasant way.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I think it was a Deep Fake method, but not enough time given to doing it in post-production. There are some really good deep fakes out there that dont trigger uncanny valley.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I heard it's a deaging method of CGI. From what I have read, Deep Fake doesn't work well on high resolutions like 1080 plus. Also someone did their version with Deep Fake and it was marginally better. Mainly the mouth.

Also, it's really the issue of a young looking Hamill too. The real life, he is well over 60 and his voice is very different too. So they brought in a guy who has done Luke voices for the games which to me he sounds very slightly off. But that not that bad.

The face looks like it's right out of a video game. It was definitely off. I don't what the cost difference would be between a TV show and a movie in terms of that method CGI. But we can assume that they didn't want to spend a lot of money on that for a TV show.

There really should be talks in bringing in a new actor to play Luke if he will pop up again, or more often.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I'm hoping for a time jump, with carefully put together flashbacks, to remove CGI Luke and Kylo (if they decide to go with how the two young jedis were taught by Luke).

Removing the cash-cow of merch that Gorgu has become, from the series for any longish period of time, I'd imagine would be a no-go from the House of Mouse. But who knows what direction they will take the Mandalorian, with his mission completed. Dude needs a ship, that's for sure.

And what happened to the Mandalorian pendant that Gorgu was given? It was made of Beskar I believe..screw the shifter knob, don't want to go misplacing that little treasure.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I also wonder about Grogu too. He has to come back to the Mandalorian at some point. So will we see Mandalorian rescue Grogu from Kylo? Or someone else does? Also will he stay at the baby phase too? Or will they go with a older version of him like Groot?

The status of the Dark Saber is in the air. That is a major plot point of the second season.

Wonder what kind of ship Mandalorian will get.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Since BF has taken up residence in the palace of the former Hutt, maybe the Slaver ship of his (which looks oddly like a amputated frontal genitalia of a large male robot/ship/IDK?) will be a loaner?
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Slave 1? ... Hope Not, don't like the design (but I didn't like the razor crest either). He should win a YT series freighter with all the mod-cons, from some guy in a game of sabaac by accident, and find it 'disturbingly familiar' but doesn't know why and shakes the feeling off, even though when he visits Luke and Grogu, Luke is entirely too bemused by it.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

T'Pau wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:12 pm Not sure if the title changed, but I tried

Update: Looks like the title change is just in this post, but not throughout
What were you trying to change the title to?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 am What were you trying to change the title to?
Adding the "*SPOILERS*" tag
email, ergo spam