Find The Founders XII

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Mark »

As a Starfleet Officer her duty is clear. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. We should all be ready and willing to die on this icecube rather than allow any Founders to infiltrate another Starfleet vessel. As such, in order to TRY and save as many of the remaining crew as possible, I'm going to vote "yes". If I'm wrong, I'll have to live with it for as long as I've got left.

Furthermore, I think we have a duty to turn the rescue beacon OFF until such time as we're sure that by rescuing us, we won't be sacrificing any more lives.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yes, and yes Mark, we shall, we must, in order to protect the federation. After Foxx is gone and proven a founder, I will fully trust Stitch and say he should go turn it off.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Hopefully you're right. Because if Foxx is not a Founder then that would mean the evidence is fabricated..."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Mark wrote:As a Starfleet Officer her duty is clear. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. We should all be ready and willing to die on this icecube rather than allow any Founders to infiltrate another Starfleet vessel. As such, in order to TRY and save as many of the remaining crew as possible, I'm going to vote "yes". If I'm wrong, I'll have to live with it for as long as I've got left.

Furthermore, I think we have a duty to turn the rescue beacon OFF until such time as we're sure that by rescuing us, we won't be sacrificing any more lives.
That is a noble sentiment Mr. Mark. I'm sure the real Lt. Foxx would agree with you, since I'm not the real Lt. Foxx, I can't say that I do. ... Mr. Stitch you can turn that beacon off now, especially since it won't do you any good any way. ... You can rest easy Mr. Monroe, the evidence was not fabricated, it was my 'hair' found at the scene, and I can assure you, the chief knew a founder was killing him. ... When I said we would all die, I meant YOU are all going to die, the other founders will make sure of it.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"I change my vote to kill her."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Monroe wrote:"I change my vote to kill her."
Took you long enough... :wink:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Huh....who'd a thought she'd confess?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

After revealing her identity, the Founder that had replaced Foxx wasted no time attacking. A golden tentacle shot out, grabbing Lazar by the throat and slamming him into the hull of the escape pod; another turned into a blade as it whipped outward, missing Mark by mere centimeters. Nick leapt onto her back, pounding wildly at her head before being shrugged off into a bulkhead. Monroe was batted aside by a third tentacle that shot outward from the Founder's torso; he plowed into Bob, and the two smashed through the wall of their makeshift shelter into the freezing wind. Within seconds, the extreme cold filled the room; the Founder's movements became sluggish, and the arm holding Lazar became brittle enough to snap. He rolled to the side as Mark and Stitch drew phasers and fired. The Founder's body exploded, coating the room with gold-colored goo which soon froze solid.

As they catch their breath, the survivors notice the sky darkening again, and the temperature falling.

" It can't be nighttime again already!" Nick groans, perplexed.

"It isn't," Stitch points upward at the looming shape of another planet blocking out the sun, "It's going to get dark quickly, though. We need to fix this shelter fast..."

Night
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

A lone figure stalked through the darkness of the hastily repaired shelter, pausing every few seconds to check the sounds of the others' breathing before continuing on it's mission. As the figure approached it's target, it paused, readying the makeshift shiv to strike. At the last second, the apparently sleeping target kicked out, catching the dark figure's legs, and brought it to the floor. As they struggled, the shiv tumbled away in the darkness, and the intended target produced a phaser.

A short burst set to stun rendered the attacker unconscious, and Lieutenant Mark stood, chest heaving, triumphant.

"Now to see who you are..." he muttered. He wasn't surprised at all when he turned the figure over, but the explosion from the other pod was certainly a shock.

The last Founder had decided the time was right for decisive action; two of his comrades had been killed, and he intended to make the solids pay. Best to start with the most proactive of the group, it thought as it silently moved through the pod toward Lieutenant Stitch's bunk. As the Founder who had replaced Ensign Lazar readied to strike, the sound of a struggle in the other pod caught its attention for a moment. When it looked back, Stitch had turned on the small bunkside lamp, and was smiling grimly.

"You knew... How?" The Lazar-thing asked.

"Section 31 trains us well." Stitch responded before tapping the small trigger in his hand. The power conduit next to the Founder overloaded, sending a wall of shrapnel and arcing plasma into the shapeshifter's body. It convulsed wildly for an instant, involuntarily changing into dozens of different people, animals, and inanimate objects before it shifted into what looked like a large watermelon, and exploded, spraying gold-colored goo across the inside of the pod.

Unknown P-class planet, Stardate 51203.9

"We read you. We're inbound, ETA: five minutes. Enterprise out." comes the communication. This is greeted with cheers from most of the Masamune's survivors. The one sitting bound near the escape pod's hatch merely sits, quietly grinning to himself.

" Thank you, Enterprise. We'll be here... All four of us." Stitch replies, cheerfully. He glances over at the other survivors, then nods at Mark. The others retrieve their gear, and head outside to meet the rescue shuttle.

"We've got it all straight, Stitch. He died in the crash," Mark says as he gets his gear and exits the pod as well, " The Federation is falling back from this sector; by the time anyone gets back here, he'll be another frozen skeleton."

Stitch nods again, " I figure there's enough rations here for him for a couple of months, if he's lucky, and if he can get to this key..."

He tosses the keycard just out of reach as he heads out the hatch himself, taking the comm. relay fuse with him, " In war, there are always casualties. It's a damn shame you chose to become one, Nick."

As the hatch closes behind Stitch, Nick laughs mirthlessly as he reaches for the keycard with his bare feet.

Humans Win
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939