Trek XIII general news and rumours

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Trek XIII general news and rumours

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:That's definitely a bridge window, IMO. The position is just too spot on to be cincidental.

Apparently it's based on the Loknar class from FASA.

Well the portholes in the saucer rim could support a small ship. That is if that big bridge window is deck to ceiling size.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tough to think of that as a bridge window compared to all the other windows around the saucer. Still not a huge ship, though.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Crew of what do we think?

1 Captain by a Lieutenant.
2 Ensigns running opps and other shit.
4 Crewmen
2 cadets.
1 LT Engineer
1 Ensign Engineer
4 crewmen engineers
2 Medics of some sort
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Perhaps. Probably a patrol ship of some kind. Limiter range. Crew would be knowledgeable in other fields. So the chief engineer and the captain would both be equally experienced in each others fields. Captain could navigate the ship when needed. The XO could be the chief engineer. Science would be downgraded as it would be more about monitoring a certain section of space. Or it could be the equivalent to the Oberth.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Crew of about a dozen or so, I would think - comparable to a Klingon Bird of Prey.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Reminds me of the Concept of the small scout ships in the Vanguard series of books, the USS Sagittarius (or the Archer class).
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

STAR TREK BEYOND Trailer Coming in May, Debuting at a Paramount-Planned ‘Fan Event’ Next Month
It's all people seem to be talking about after December's first look at STAR TREK BEYOND, especially after Monday night's no-show at Paramount's CinemaCon event: when is another trailer coming for this July's film?

Well, Steve Weintraub over at Collider found out this evening: it looks like Paramount is prepping a major fan event next month in Los Angeles - time and place yet to be announced - and that's where the launch of both the second BEYOND trailer, as well as the start of the main marketing push for July's upcoming film.

So hang in there a bit longer... but at least now we know just how much longer we'll need to wait.

Collider link.
If you watched my video blog recap of last night’s Paramount CinemaCon panel, you would have seen my unhappy reaction to Paramount’s decision not to show any Star Trek Beyond footage during their presentation. After all, with co-writer and star Simon Pegg and producer J.J. Abrams on the stage, most of us figured it would have been the perfect place to unveil the next trailer and promote the 50th anniversary of the iconic series.

With questions looming on Twitter as to why Paramount didn’t promote the upcoming film, I decided to do some digging and discovered the real reason why director Justin Lin’s sci-fi adventure was missing from their presentation: the fans.

It ends up Paramount is saving a lot of the marketing for the movie, including the next trailer premiere, for a fan event being held in Los Angeles next month. While I’m not sure who will be in attendance at this time, I’ve confirmed with Paramount the event is happening and the details, including how to attend and which of the cast and filmmakers will be attending the event, will be revealed soon..

While I’m disappointed I didn’t get to see any new Star Trek Beyond footage in Las Vegas yesterday, I think it’s really cool Paramount is planning a fan event next month and it looks like the big marketing push will begin soon.

I can’t wait.

As most of you know, Star Trek Beyond brings Idris Elba into the mix as a mysterious villain alongside franchise newcomer Sofia Boutella, who first came to our attention with her sharp turn as a fleet-footed assassin in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Also starring Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, John Cho, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, and Anton Yelchin, Star Trek Beyond opens in theaters on July 22nd.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Much love to those attending the Trek event in LA. Sorry we can't be there. Here's an on set pic of Simon.

https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status/733672268174331904
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

New poster

I like it!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

And new trailer...

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Um... from 2:10 in that...

That would be this...

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

This is the death of the movie franchise.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Why's that?
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Why's that?
Not sure about Teaos' reasoning....but going by the trailer this looks like a non-stop-action -flick.

Nothing wrong with that...except.....it is pretty much the same we got with the two previous ones. Yes it will be a nice enjoyable summer action popcorn movie....but only going by the trailer it will be pretty much forgetable.

(Also.....we are the third movie in and they loose the ship.....sigh....I thought they'd stop emulating the original movies?)

Now maybe it is just a bad trailer concentrating only on the action scenes.....but by god would it be too much to ask to not have people running away from explosions for once and just add some interesting dialogue? Heck...in the end I am sure a movie like "Captain America: Civil War" will end up having more dialogue and character interaction than a freaking STAR TREK movie.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.