Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Post by Aaron »

1630 Day One. Ordo Malleus Station, Sepheris Secundus:

+++I must apologize. It took longer then the Interrogator expected to find this information.+++

Arl slides a data slate over the table to Trask, thumbing the activation button as he does so. The screen flickers on and a grainy pict recording starts, showing a man in the uniform of a Navy Captain stopping at a station, conversing briefly with the operator and then skipping ahead approximately thirty seconds, ending with the same officer in his chair.

Arl's voice grates throw his gas masks amp again, +++It is not much, I know but perhaps you will find it helpful?+++
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Post by Mikey »

1630, Day One

Trask sat at the table across from the hiver with the hidden face. Milo himself had some new lines on his face and bald pate, but his copper-colored goattee was as vivid as ever. Light carapace over simple fatigues peeked from under his open greatcoat; his battered rucksack sat next to him, his Forge world shotgun hung from his right shoulder, a new large autopistol peeked from a rig on the left side of his chest, and his sword was rigged side-sword style. A respirator hung open at his neck and a photo-visor covered his eyes. A carapace helmet sat on the table in front of him.

Milo was silent a moment as he replayed the recording. Finally he looked up. "That's him," he said evenly. "Where was this taken? What's his current command?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1630 Day One:

Arl reaches under his dark grey poncho, which hides most of his figure and comes out with a small slip of paper. Giving it a brief glance, his mask grates out +++It is from the bridge data recorder of the Eternal Vigilance, shortly before it was lost. That station, I believe is responsible for the Gellar Field. Blymark is currently assigned to a Mars class Battlecruiser, the Dominar. He commands a group tasked with hunting down raiders.+++
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1630, Day One

"Throne damn him!" Trask growled. "I need evidence from that station... maybe find out to whom Blymark spoke." Trask slid the pict-recorder into his pack and looked up at Arl's masked face. "Are we to be part of an *ahem* official Inquisitorial investigation into this matter?"
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1631 Day One:

+++It could be arranged. Your recent service has garnered considerable respect from our masters, perhaps something after our current assignment. Blymark has powerful friends within Naval command, I must ask you to be patient. Even the Inquisition needs to tread lightly at times.+++

Arl gets to his feet and offers Trask a drink from a flask he retrieved from under his poncho. +++Amasec, a good vintage. Come, I have asked the rest of our party to assemble in a conference room. We finally have orders.+++
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1631, Day One

Arl answered, "+++It could be arranged. Your recent service has garnered considerable respect from our masters, perhaps something after our current assignment. Blymark has powerful friends within Naval command, I must ask you to be patient. Even the Inquisition needs to tread lightly at times.+++"

"Indeed," Trask answered. "Well, this is a better start than I had. Please convey my appreciation to the Interrogator."

"+++Amasec, a good vintage. Come, I have asked the rest of our party to assemble in a conference room. We finally have orders.+++"

"Very good." Milo accepted the flask, raised it, and said, "Your health." He took a drink, handed the flask back to Arl, and rose to follow the masked man.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1631 Day Three:

+++I shall+++ Arl responds before leading Milo out of the room and down a hallway. Most of the station is spartan to the extreme, passages hewed out of the rock, with metal grate flooring. The quarters assigned to the staff and guests are little better, though many add their own comforts to them. The high end quarters are reserved for actual Inquisitors, though the food provided to all is excellent.

Arl stops abruptly at a plain metal door and inserts his Rosette into a slot beside the portal. There is a grinding noise, followed by a sharp beep before the door disappears into the ceiling. Arl retrieves his Rosette and enters into a plain conference room, it is dominated by a large circular table, topped with the unmistakable bump of a holo projector. He heads round the table and takes a seat where he can face the door, the holo controls within easy reach.

+++Please have a seat Mr. Trask, the others should be here shortly. There is a small food slot in the wall if you are hungry.+++ Arl indicates a plain alcove above a small table off to the side, several buttons and a vox unit are above it.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1635 Day 1

Phebia strode confidently into the room. In the down time her hair has grown longer and is up in a more ornate arrangement and a small black fleur-de-lis is tattooed on her left cheekbone right beneath her eye. The loose robe she wears over her body suit is more ornate with the symbol of the Order of Our Martyred Lady prominently across her chest. Her revolver is still strapped to her leg and knife is at her waste. She says nothing as she enters, simply taking a seat as far from Trask as possible.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1635, Day One

Milo looked up from the cup of recaf and the small pastry he had gotten from the food slot, and stood smartly at Phebia's entrance. "Sister," he said, grinning wolfishly, "it is a pleasure to see you again. I trust the last few months have been good to you?"
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1635 day 1

A figure cloaked and hooded in red with gold trim soon comes through the doorway, the cog-n-skull of the Adeptus Mechanicus emblazened proudly upon the shoulders of the cloth. Bright blue eyes shine out of the shadows between the lower curve of a helm and the upper ridges of a respirator that concealed the bulk of the figure's face. From either shoulder, a slender metallic tendril rose, each capped with a sleek cylindrical device that at first glance would be hard to tell apart. A closer look however would let a person who knew what he was seeing to differentiate between the optical lens of one and the las focusing lens of the other.

Haxta regarded the room's occupants a moment, the optical mechadendrite panning from one to the other. The IR readings from Arl in particular intrigued her, showing clearly the divid between his flesh and the machines that had replaced much of his body.

She nodded politely to each of them in turn, before taking a seat beside Phebia.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Very good actually. The Order has promoted me to full battle sister."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1636, Day One

"Excellent!" Milo answered. Phebia couldn't tell if he was dissembling, or genuinely pleased. He nodded to Haxta as she arrived and sat, then took his own seat. "And you seem to have earned further... enhancements," he said to the tech-priestess. "I trust you'll be a princeps of a titan before I shuffle off this mortal coil." He laughed awkwardly and added, "I myself have been ordained a full scholar, but fortunately my proctors have seen fit to allow me to continue my association with the Inquisition."

Almost as an afterthought, he indicated the arbite sitting at the head of the table and said, "Sister Phebia, Tech-priestess Haxta; this is Investigator Arl, an associate of the interrogator."
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1636 day 1

"Congradulations, Sister," Haxta said in responce to Phebia's news. To Milo's she said, "Yes, I have been recieved into the Auxilia Myrmidon, a military branch of the Mechanicus." She added after his own news "Congradulations to you as well. It is good that you may still serve with us." Finally, she dipped her head in greeting after Milo's introduction of Arl. "A pleasure. Might I ask, who reconstructed you?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1636 Day One:

+++Another time perhaps, Priestess. It is not something I care to discuss in public. Welcome though, and to you Sister.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1636 Day One:

"I understand," Haxta said, settling back in her chair. She steepled her hands before her face and stared off into space through her fingers. Her optical probe however, continued to survey the room, rotating slowly on it's stalk.