Chem Dogs: Escape From Dust

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Chem Dogs: Escape From Dust

Post by Lighthawk »

Hak followed after Litila, sticking close enough to be on hand, but back enough not to be in the way.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1720, Day One

Crank had taken up the sentry position vacated by Lirk when the ogryn went to assist the gadget-girl. He sighted down his lasgun as if it were a coveted long-las, and casually commented, "Begging your commissar-ship's pardon, mistress - but I figure we've got about three minutes to bug out... and there's more of that mob than we've got shots." Calling out more generally, he added, "Anyone want odds that cog-girl gets the damn thing running?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"As soon as the transports are ready we're leaving. There's nothing here anyways."

A half second later a thin red line was drawn on Intias' cheek and a tuft of her hair burst away from her head. The metallic ping of a bullet ricocheting off concrete and then chimera armor hung in the air. Intias' eyes grew wide as the pain from the grazing shot registered on her mind.

"SNIPER!" Jastilus screamed.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Crank swept his gun up and down the eastern street, then pulled back behind the cover of the door jamb. "It came from the building to our east, second floor, north end. No target visible," he announced. "All bets are off, by the way. Are we mobile soon, gadget-girl?"
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Hilda threw herself flat on the rooftop at Jastilus's yell, cursing. She quickly crawled for the catwalk; she was entirely ill equiped to deal with a sniper, neither her flamer or shotgun would offer much in the way of retalliation.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Mikey wrote:1721

Crank swept his gun up and down the eastern street, then pulled back behind the cover of the door jamb. "It came from the building to our east, second floor, north end. No target visible," he announced. "All bets are off, by the way. Are we mobile soon, gadget-girl?"
Litila: "I still need to cleanse the starter with oil, to purify its spirit, and make sure its body is free of contaminants. I am accelerating the rituals though."

Raltus heard the shot, but had no idea where it came from. He figured he might as well head to the roof, so he could use his lasgun to shoot back, if he could see the target.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It took Intias a long drawn out second to finally react. She turned and ran north to the wall between the roll up doors, pressing herself against it. "Any day now cog-girl!"

Jastilus took cover behind the Chimera, leaning out to try and find the sniper. "Anyone see him?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1721 - "You're gonna be decontaminating it of your own body parts if you don't hurry," Crank replied to the tech-priestess. When Jastilus spoke, Crank turned to spare him a look normally reserved for a child who's just walked into a wall. "Really?" Crank asked. "Shame that nobody just said that the shot came from the building to the east, second floor, north end."
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Well unless you've got a battle cannon crammed up your tight ass I need more than that to shoot at cause I don't see shit right now," Jastilus shot back.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Hak was nearly bouncing on his feet, cursing himself. They finally had found some action, and where was he? Stuck helping the tech-priest. He groaned in dismay, more than anything he wanted to charge outside and blaze away with his las. But he had been given an order, by a Commissar, as close to being ordered by the Emperor Himself as Hak was ever likely to get. He couldn't disobey...but he could wish and pray with all his heart that the damned cog-girl would hurry the frak up!

Hilda came down the stairs from the catwalk, keeping well clear of the doors and windows. She had her finger in her mouth, which she pulled free to spit a globulet of blood on the floor. She examined the cracked nail. "Son-of-a-bitch," she muttered.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Jastilus edged out slightly from the Chimera to look again and this time there was a sharp crack and a curse. "Throne DAMN IT!" Jastilus yelled, a bullet hole through his pants, the far side of it tinged red.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Lighthawk wrote:1722
Hak was nearly bouncing on his feet, cursing himself. They finally had found some action, and where was he? Stuck helping the tech-priest. He groaned in dismay, more than anything he wanted to charge outside and blaze away with his las. But he had been given an order, by a Commissar, as close to being ordered by the Emperor Himself as Hak was ever likely to get. He couldn't disobey...but he could wish and pray with all his heart that the damned cog-girl would hurry the frak up!
Litila said, "The final rituals have been completed. Your assistance was exemplary Hak, and is no longer critical to restoring proper operations. You may return to your normal duties." She then got in the driver's seat, and began the ritual of activation.

Roll of 55% vs Tech-Use of +10%. Intelligence of 35% +10% is 45% base, hope she gets a +10% boost or something like that to start the engine properly.

Raltus heard something behind him, and turned around, trying to see what was going on at the roof.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1722 - Crank was about to make a withering retort when he heard Jastilus' muffled cry. Sweeping his lasgun back out to the street, he called, "2 o'clock, high!" He thumbed the fire mode switch, raised the angle of his barrel, and sent three las bolts into the shadowy figure in the window of the opposite building. Pulling back inside, he grinned crookedly and said, "Permission to engage, ma'am?"
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The dark form in the window crumpled, the body dropping out of sight.

"Granted," Intias said breathlessly, keeping herself plastered to the wall.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

As the Chimera coughed into life behind her Intias was forced to stifle a squeal of delight. "All troops rally in the garage and prepare to bug out. Priestess," she yelled, "Get the salamander started." She pointed at Jastilus, "Can you drive?" to which the trooper nodded yes. "Then you're my driver. Anyone else checked out on a Chimera?"