Survival

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Survival

Post by Tyyr »

Mir reached up and rubbed the side of his head. He tugged on his ear and tried to clean it out. "'Seemed like a good idea at the time.' Sounds like I'm rubbing off on you."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

This time Solaria did let herself smile slightly. "Sorry, I meant, 'what the hell is the matter with you? That was stupid, you should be more careful'. How's that?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Yes mom," Mir said with a smirk. He trugged slowly up the ramps towards the third level where they'd left the Sentinel. Staying in the hotel really had sounded like a wonderful idea. Every muscle in his body ached from the fall. He was amazed nothing was broken and he was even standing at all. Still, the longer they stayed nearby the better chance the demoness had of finding them and he had no illusions about his chances in a stand up fight with her.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

The Sentinel came into view, looking untouched from when they had left it, and Solaria let out a deep sigh of relief. "Thank the Emperor." Reaching the side of the walking machine, she glanced over at Mir. "Think you can climb on up?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I honestly can't believe this thing's still here." He looked the Sentinel over for a moment before slinging his shotgun. "Unless you're going to sprout muscles that I know you don't have, I checked very thoroughly, I'm going to have to."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria crossed her arms, and her eyes flashed. "I had other ideas in mind, though maybe you should just try it on your own."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"The last time you flexed your pretty little brain you were throwing furniture at me so I think I will."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"Good idea, especially as there are only two things currently around to throw..."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir walked over and grabbed the first ladder rung, "Save your kinky ideas for the bedroom Sugar." He hauled himself up shakily and climbed towards the cockpit, grinding his teeth together the whole way.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria waited for Mir to reach the top before scaling up after him. Dropping into the pilot's seat, she regarded him. "How you holding up?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir reached the top and stowed his stuff before flopping down limply in the gunner's seat. "I'll be fine," he lied as he checked on the lascannon.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

The cannon controls came online smoothly, and weapon itself charged to firing prime a few seconds later. "So, any direction that's away from here works for you?" Solaria asked as she began the slow crawl back down the cramped garage.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"East maybe? We could certainly use to find a map or at least a tall building to get the lay of the land from."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"East works for me," Solaria said as they cleared the garage. She turned the sentinel, moving a few strides down the street to the corner, and turned east...and promptly stepped on an ork that dashed around the corner from the other direction. There was a wet popping sound as the xeno's body burst under the mech's metal foot. Some dozen meters further on, a trio of orks stared in surprise at the unexpected apperance of the walker. Then, shouting, they raised weapons and opened fire, filling the inside of the cockpit with the rapid ding ding ding of rounds bouncing off armor.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lighthawk wrote:Buck

As he wound his way through the factory, the odd scraping noise grew louder. Occasionally Buck could hear what sounded like cursing, low mutterings that drifted among the pipes and conveyers.
Buck took off in a run. His massive feet smashing into the ground as he ran. A charging beast, Buck smashed his way past anything not large enough to stop him.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu