ARIEl - Lasnekovir SSF Attack sub

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ARIEl - Lasnekovir SSF Attack sub

Post by Reliant121 »

Lasnekovir class SSF (Fusion powered submarine) - Sarakov Naval shipyards

Armament: 4 Aqua-mod fusion submarine torpedo tubes with a total of 28 torpedo reloads
3 single mount lancet laser cannon
1 Retractible quad stack missile launcher Anti-air configuration, total of 40 missile reloads

Crew compliment of 55 personnel

Length: 260 metres
Beam: 32.6 metres
Draught: 14.8 metres

Maximum speed: 37 knots

The Lasnekovir class submarine was at one time the premier subsurface attack vessel of the Terran alliance Navy - Maritime branch or TANMB. Now the design is obsolete following the introduction of the Demitrayev class. This class still forms the backbone of the fleet. She is a dependable craft, relatively well armed, not too bad of speed either. Unfortunately, the maneuverability of the class is not on par with the newer classes. All in all a popular if crampt craft.

Terran ideals often suffer from nostalgia, hence this design bearing resemblance to an old time ship of traditional design. The maker keeps in ancient traditions by making these modern vessels in the image of their old age contemporaries.
Last edited by Reliant121 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shran
Commander
Commander

Re: ARIEl - Lasnekovir SSF Attack sub

Post by shran »

Is that row of green squares in the top part of the vessel a row of windows? If yes, what do they do out there?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

They arent windows. Because of the thick nature of the atoms in the sea in which underwater actions take place, a special amplification system has to be placed on board for the shielding system (submersibles have shields). that is like a deflector array. It helps the shields to cut through the dense particles and make a stable bubble around the ship. All human submarine's carry them.
Last edited by Reliant121 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Very Oscar-ish. :) Nicely done Reliant. A couple of suggestions though, if I may? Make the SAM launcher retractable - as it is it'll make a lot of noise, and for a submarine noise is death. Also, I suggest you have another look at the dimensions - a 260m long boat of the proportions depicted would have a draught of 14.8m.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

It was retractible, i had intended to state that but forgot.

To be honest, i sorta guessed with the dimensions. I am no naval expert, i mean I adore naval warfare but i dont know the scaling and technicals of it. I'll alter it soon.

Also, here is a view of the three I have created for this manufacturer. I'll post individual stats later

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Reliant121 wrote:To be honest, i sorta guessed with the dimensions. I am no naval expert, i mean I adore naval warfare but i dont know the scaling and technicals of it. I'll alter it soon.
It's simply a case of scaling from the drawing - looking at the boat in MS Paint, it's 633 pixels long, and 36 (14.8m) from waterline to keel (61 [25m] from outer casing to keel). Based on that, the beam should probably be about 30-40m.
Also, here is a view of the three I have created for this manufacturer. I'll post individual stats later

Very nice. The top one resembles a Delta to some extent and the centre one, as I've said, an Oscar. The bottom one is like no sub I've ever seen, but it looks good. What is it - a submarine battleship?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll alter the stats =D

The Demitrayev was intended as a replacement to the Lasnekovir. and the Telyatir is a ballistic missile sub.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

errr....just a question Seafort...how did you translate pixels into metres?

EDIT: ignore that. i was being stupid.