Askad-Travine render

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Askad-Travine render

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The Travine is an interesting case, as it marks the transition from ships that provide gravity via rotating hulls to those with artificial gravity. As is often the case in my designs, transitional ships employ both the old and the new tech - thus the Travine has a rotating pressure hull and an artfical gravity hull, both. Different missiles and laser cannon to the later ships, too. Still got four sails and six spike repellors, though. No heat dumps on the hull in this generation - but two on the reactor, to cool that.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Askad-Travine render

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hmm, I just realised, I always imagined the sails as emitting a soft glow... that's really easy in blender, you literally just pick a "make this glow" option from a drop down list and put a number in for how bright. So I figured I'd play with the lighting a little and... does this look awesome, or what?

(right click and 'view image' for the whole thing.)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...