Terry Jones, Monty Python Founder and Scholar, Is Dead at 77

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Terry Jones, Monty Python Founder and Scholar, Is Dead at 77

Post by Nutso »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/arts ... -dead.html
Terry Jones, who earned a spot in comedic lore as a member of the British troupe Monty Python and also had success as a director, screenwriter and author, died on Tuesday night at his home in the Highgate neighborhood of North London. He was 77.

His ex-wife, Alison Telfer, confirmed the death. Mr. Jones announced in 2016 that he had primary progressive aphasia, a neurological disease that impairs the ability to communicate.

Mr. Jones, four other Britons — Michael Palin, Eric Idle, John Cleese and Graham Chapman — and an American, Terry Gilliam, formed Monty Python in 1969. Their television sketch show, “Monty Python’s Flying Circus,” became a phenomenon, first in Britain and then in the United States when it was rebroadcast there in the mid-1970s.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Terry Jones, Monty Python Founder and Scholar, Is Dead a

Post by IanKennedy »

RIP
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Considering the dementia, this might've been a small blessing for him. RIP.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

RIP
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Considering the dementia, this might've been a small blessing for him. RIP.
Both my grandmother and grandfather died from complications from dementia. Believe me when I say it, it is. Both of mine in their last years on this world, was basically them not having an idea of where they are at or what time frame it is either.

Its brutal on the family. I saw my grandfather a couple of days before he died. He was semi conscious and kept on trying to pet a cat that wasnt there and talking to a small girl named Bonnie. His oldest daughter that he lost forty years ago. That hit my Mom and my aunt hard.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"