Blake’s 7 star Paul Darrow dies after short illness

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Blake’s 7 star Paul Darrow dies after short illness

Post by Nutso »

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/leisu ... t-illness/
Blake’s 7 star Paul Darrow has died at the age of 78 following a short illness, a spokeswoman for JACKfm has said.

The Surrey-born actor was best known for playing Avon in the 70s and 80s BBC sci-fi series Blake’s 7, but also appeared in more than 200 other shows including Doctor Who, The Saint, Z Cars, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks and Little Britain.

Maureen Marrs, his long-time companion and PA, said: “Over three decades I have been Paul’s confidante and have had the immense privilege of being part of his life.

“A star has gone out today; the world will be a darker place without him.”

Darrow also appeared on the stage, including four seasons at the Bristol Old Vic and London’s West End, and was the voice of JACKfm and Union JACK radio.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blake’s 7 star Paul Darrow dies after short illness

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Loved Blake's 7 when I was a kid. Shame to see Darrow go. :(
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Blake’s 7 star Paul Darrow dies after short illness

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Loved Blake's 7 when I was a kid. Shame to see Darrow go. :(
Avon is really one of the most well-developed characters I've ever seen on TV. He's goes from "looking out for number 1", to "reluctant member", to "brains of the operation," to "leader of the resistance."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park