Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

In the real world
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
Members of this prominent northern California church believe they can heal the sick and raise the dead through prayer. Even so, the church is encouraging followers to wash their hands and is urging anyone who falls ill to stay home.

Bethel church is even canceling missionary trips and imploring its faith healers to stay away from local hospitals, The Sacramento Bee reports.

Leaders at the Redding-based church are keeping in contact with health officials but have yet to cancel services for the 6,300 faithful who attend each week in one of the largest gatherings in northern California.

“Through email communications, signage, and church announcements, we are actively encouraging health practices and precautions to our whole community,” said church spokesman Aaron Tesauro in an email. “We believe that wisdom, modern medicine, and faith are meant to work together, and express the value for each in the pursuit of continued health and healing.”

A 50-year-old man in Shasta County (where Redding is located) has tested positive for COVID-19, health officials said on Saturday. Last week, two people, including one person who was potentially exposed to coronavirus on a cruise ship, tested negative. Tesauro added that no church members are believed to have the virus.

The church is perhaps most known for its response to the death of two-year-old Olive Heiligenthal last year when hundreds of members gathered and tried to raise her from the dead. Thousands of church members posted the hashtag #WakeUpOlive on Instagram.
But... but... but...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

Post by Nutso »

Edit: If you look into his eyes you will see death...
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Christian megachurch cancels faith healing service in response to coronavirus outbreak

Post by McAvoy »

It's almost like the church knows it can't heal the sick or something...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

The irony and Karma is a physical presence.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

:bangwall:
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Just remember there are idiots all over the world.

Common sense is an endangered species, stupidity has taken over the world and there is no cure for it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Fucking IDIOTS!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you with a chainsaw. Fuck you with a power fist. Just fuck you, you money-hungry Mammon worshiper.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:38 pm
If I could, I would punch every one of those fuckers.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I'd get someone who has Coronavirus... to punch every single one. twice.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It would be totally awesome if they caught Coronavirus and then died from it. They are leeches and I am willing to bet 100% know they are peddling bullshit and don't care.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm It would be totally awesome if they caught Coronavirus and then died from it. They are leeches and I am willing to bet 100% know they are peddling bullshit and don't care.
Not to mention all the other skeevy-as-fuck shit they've been doing before this.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

A little backstory first, in High School there is always that kid that is picked on and made fun of, ridiculed. I was that kid, H.S. was hell for me with very little respite. Out of a small group that just loved to belittle me was one individual that took it above and beyond. I had dealt with anger issues for decades thanks to this person, then one day I found out that he died of cancer. My initial reaction was to be saddened that another person had withered away because of cancer. All of the anger that lingered because of the way this individual treated me dissapeared.

I have seen too many family members die of various kinds of cancer to wish that on anyone. I have personally seen the devastation to indivduals and the people that love them. What kind of monster would I be to do so, what kind of hypocrite?

See where I'm goin' with this? Perhaps a little introspection is necessary before wishing such a thing on others.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington