Not independent power supply
3%

Total votes: 39
Talos
Senior chief petty officer

Re: Our ship - Shields

Post by Talos »

Deepcrush wrote:Auto-remodulation/auto-regenerative 7m TJ bubble shielding. That's pretty damn awsome if you ask me.
That's more or less what I was thinking about :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Auto-remodulation/auto-regenerative 7m TJ bubble shielding. That's pretty damn awsome if you ask me.
That's pretty much what I was voting for. And, the heaviest double hull with high-level SIF.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Talos

Post by Talos »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
That's pretty much what I was voting for. And, the heaviest double hull with high-level SIF.
Then we all agree!!!!!

We are living historical moments on the DITL forums :D
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So then here is what we have so far.

Battleship
auto-regen/adapt 7m TJ bubble shielding on an independent power supply
60cm Ablative armour on a heavy double D/T hull with High grade SIFs
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Talos wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
Then we all agree!!!!!

We are living historical moments on the DITL forums :D
Statistically, it was bound to happen eventually. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I already have a number of ideas on what types and uses of weapons but I would be best to have the ships frame completed before we began to work out weapons.

A basic design matching a balance between Sov/GCS would work well. We could also look into making a brand new ship design.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

When we vote on nacelle configuration, I'm going to vote for a close-in armored type ala Defiant. Like a 700-meter Defiant/Sovereign hybrid, so to speak.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That wouldn't be to bad. Maybe place them in an armoured sleeve. That way they can be withdrawn during combat. Not just part way like the Defiant but wholly inside.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's even better. This thing is shaping up to be a behemoth. :)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats the idea. Once I know what the ship has build wise I can start putting together weapon combos. Tell me what you guys want it to do and I'll put together what it needs to do it.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Tsukiyumi wrote:When we vote on nacelle configuration, I'm going to vote for a close-in armored type ala Defiant. Like a 700-meter Defiant/Sovereign hybrid, so to speak.
There should be a four-nacelle configuration to increase redundency
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'm Sorry Deep the ship was always intended to have a double hull made of the best stuff. I just forgot to mention it. Kinda thought it went with out saying. I'm not sure on the SIF yet since that is tied into other things and a super SIF on a ship this size would suck up a lot of power.

We arent going to use any endgame tech cause as Rochey put it, we'd end up with the USS Wanktastic. We should stick to tech that we know the Federation can field and since it is a few years in the future I figured the tech would have got slightly better over all. The reason I set this in 2390 is because I figured the Federation would have realised the need for a new class of warship after the war and especially after Nemesis. Since in universe designing a ship from scratch would take years to plan and then build the first one I figured 2390 sounds resonable. Also the Sov is still pretty new in 2380 and I doubt the Feds would field two new big star ships in the same decade.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Damn it I just remembered one of the Cons I had come up with but forgot to add... thats what I get for not keeping notes.

I figured that filling the inside of the ship up with more advanced pieces of kit would increase the production time somewhat.

Like adding the second power source of the shields. Since you are adding a whole new power plant and all that goes with it, it will take more time to install than just putting in a bigger warp core.

So I am retconning in another con for independent power supply in that it will increase production time 1 month more than it would with out. I am also putting the standard build time for a ship this size at 14 months since I doubt something this big could be built much faster. A few of the latter choices may extend the build time aswell.

Increased production time wasnt an issue with armour since I imagin adding a 20m plate would take pretty much the same as adding 60cm plate.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:When we vote on nacelle configuration, I'm going to vote for a close-in armored type ala Defiant. Like a 700-meter Defiant/Sovereign hybrid, so to speak.
There should be a four-nacelle configuration to increase redundency
Agreed chakat, last thing we need is a Battleship that can break down on the highway half way to no where. "i.e. between battle and starbase"

Teaos, the SIFs power shouldn't be a problem. The shields will be running from their own power source so the WC will be far less taxed then on a normal ship. SIFs could just run from the WC as per standard. The biggest problem we will have for power will be the phasers and maybe phaser lances if we have any. Those will be the most costly.

Life support will also have to be counted in on this ship. A ship like this may take a thousand crew easy. I think for bonus we are going to want to avoid the over centralized systems for the battleship that we tend to find on other SF ships. This may boost the need of crew to as much as 1200 to compensate.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I agree that SIF's shouldn't be a problem as far as what they draw. I think even high-level SIF's would draw only a nominal fraction of total output at best.

*takes cover*
I think that the "phaser lance" would be out, though, for the same reason as "Endgame" tech - it's only ever been seen in an illusory Q-created timeline.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer