USS Aegis Deck Plan

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: USS Aegis Deck Plan

Post by Mikey »

alexmann wrote:I dont force people to volunteer. However i think that they should.
The only problem with that is when you most need volunteers, the available pool of people most need to be doing their primary jobs.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

For some reason though, alpha shift seem to be the only people doing things so taking volunteers from other shifts will be fine. :happydevil: :happydevil:
ImageImage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Couple of years ago, we figured this out.

Right now, we have with MACOs 279 personnel total.

Of that, 50 are MACOs bringing us to the standard (four squads of twelve and two officers)

That takes us to the original crew of 229. Now, once before we discussed this. Ships security usually runs about one officer per 10 crew. That would give us 23 plus the chief at twenty four. (four full six man teams)

Now, the E-Nil only had two doctors at best (McCoy and M'Benga). That was the flagship of the Federation. The E-NX had Phlox two nurses. Now, if you take the war into account, there would be more wounded to deal with, yet doctors would be needed in the field, reducing the number of available personnel.

I would say, 1 doctor and perhaps an intern as an assistant. Plus a PA and three nurses. This is enough to man sickbay 24 hours a day, if the doctor is off on an away mission.

So, I'd say no more than six medical personnel total for the ship. Plus, the MACOs have a combat medic/corpsman of their own.

So we have

SENIOR OFFICERS-9
Captain
First Officer
Chief Engineer
Chief Armory Officer
Chief Communications Officer
Chief Science Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Helmsman
Chief Navigator

RELIEF BRIDGE OFFICERS-6
Relief Officers each shift x2

SCIENCE OFFICERS-3
Geologist
Astrophysicist
Astronomer

SECURITY OFFICERS-24
Duty Officers per shift x6

MEDICAL PERSONNEL-6
Chief Medical Officer
Medical Officer (resident)
Physicians Assistant
Triage Nurse
Surgical Nurse
General Nurse

ENGINEERING PERSONNEL-84
Main Engineering x32 (8 per shift)
Impulse Engineering x16 (4 per shift)
Operational systems(ie Laser Core, Shield Generator, Deflector Control, Communications antenna) x8 (2 per shift)
Internal Maintenance/Roving Engineers x16 (4 per shift)
Waste Management x4 (1 per shift)
Transporter Operator x4 (1 per shift)
Shuttlebay Officer x4 (1 per shift)

OPERATIONS PERSONNEL-97
Main Chef
Mess Personnel x24 (6 per shift)
Janitorial Staff x32 (8 per shift)
Laundry Staff x20 (5 per shift)
Armory Personnel x8 (2 per shift)
Captain's Yeoman
Quartermaster / Supply Officer
Quartermaster Corps x4 (1 per shift)
Paymaster

From a military point of view, this makes logical sense. If anyone sees anything I missed, let me know.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Stitch said max of 10%. Mikey said about 10. Sonic said "a round dozen, supplemented by the occasional "You and you you've just become nurses lets go.""

I think a dozen full time medical and some emergency backups like stitch said.
ImageImage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And what is that staffing level based on?

A Daedalus class starship has a standard crew complement of 229 (279 with MACOs). My suggestions gives one full doctor per 140 patients, PLUS a PA who can do most of what a doctor can do, PLUS a fully trained nurse for each. I'm basing this estimation on what we've seen on TV.

NX 01--- a crew of less than a hundred had one doctor and three nurses

NCC 1701--- a crew of 430 had one doctor (two while M'Benga was there) and one nurse.

NCC 1701D--- over 1000 people with crew and civillians had about a dozen total personnel

DS9--- several hundred crew and civillians, one doctor and 4 nurses

Voyager--- crew of almost 200 had one doc and one nurse (both killed) leaving the EMH alone (with Paris as a field medic backup)

Now, consider this. Being a doctor is a specialized profession. In a combat situation they are held behind the lines when possible to treat the wounded. Starfleet would be short of doctors because of this, as they'd have to reinforce the medical staff of outposts, hospital facilites, and other emergency facilities. Where would they get several doctors for one ship?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

As an afterthought, there is no reason why any other crewman couldn't be assigned as a corpsmen during as his battlestation post. Especially the support people like the cooks.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Heck, in a pinch a janitor could help carry bodies... after he bathed of course.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Gimme a number, 5,6,12?
ImageImage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

A number of what? I provided a logical number and breakdown of full time medical personnel already :) If your asking about corpsmen during battlestations, I'd say the number itself is irrelivant, as anybody without another priority assignment would be on a damage control party, which included assisting the injured. Every single member of a military orginization recieves enough basic medical training as to render emergency aid, and stabilize a wounded person until the medic arrives, and they can be medivaced to an aid station, MASH, or hospital.

However, if your wondering about crew trained to serve as medics, I'd likely guess 6 or 8. MACOs and Security are the most likey candidates for that kind of training.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

What I have put is 6 and then there can be a load of people with extra medical training (like an extension course).
ImageImage