Well I fixed it so stop it!
ImageImage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Earth/Romulan War Episode I OOC Chatter

Post by Mikey »

So, Sonic... any thoughts and how the Andorians will meet with the pinkskins (i.e., as survivor or as an info exchange) and whether my char will be onboard or just a recurring ally?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

They could come to our rescue when we come under attack.
ImageImage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Another good option, I just wanted SG's take.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

That could also work. Perhaps rather than being a smashing success the Aegis needs a bit of help when we reach, approach or flee from our target.

I was also paging through one of the Enterprise-era (non-canon) Romulan War books at a barnes and noble recently. It seemed to imply that as the war progressed planets gradually left the Coalition of Planets established at the end of Enterprise, leaving Earth alone. Perhaps we can retcon that in, and use that to explain why the Andorians are not actively participating in the war but either the Andorian captain feels compelled to come to our aid after witnessing our success OR the Andorians are too close to the border and find themselves attacked by Romulans requring the Aegis to rescue them and we go from there.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I had rather thought of the Andorians as pretty concretely opposed to the Romulans, but that could work.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:I had rather thought of the Andorians as pretty concretely opposed to the Romulans, but that could work.
As had I, but that could be the authors way of trying to reconcile why it's referred to as the Earth-Romulan War rather than the Coalition-Romulan War. Perhaps they could not maintain a protracted conflict. Or, like Bajor and Romulus two centuries later signed a nonagression pact in order to preserve themselves. Who knows.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Either way, I like it. The Andorians could be intending to share intel ONLY, without providing any actual material help, when they get thrust unwillingly into the sharp end. It could also allow for more tension WRT my char - maybe he was against the captain helping the pinkskins at all. So, do we want my char to be a sole survivor or otherwise stuck aboard the Aegis, or continue on an Andorian ship?
as Bull offed Custer
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I think on an Andorian ship would be best but if you guys want different, I don't mind.
ImageImage
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I redid the dedication plaque. What do you think?

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x36 ... laque2.jpg
ImageImage
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

OK, I redid the dedication plaque again, I still wasn't happy with it. If you want I can put our names back on it again.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x36 ... Aegis3.jpg
ImageImage
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Alright, I believe I have formed a plan now tell me all what you think :D

Sometime in the next few days (not entirely sure when, hopefully wednesday at the latest) I will get that story post up I've been promising. This will take us through the rendevouz with our allies and to the point where we're starting our approach to the supply depot we are supposed to be taking out. My idea for the initial rendevouz is that the ships we're meeting with are to run interference for us so we can cross the border. Since starfleet wants to surprise the Romulans, and are assault is supposed to be timed with the Daedalus (i think i established that somewhere?) our orders are to avoid a fight until we have to -- if we can. after that post, we can run with the set-up and aftermath of the assault on the depot.

Regarding the Andorians,how does this sound Mikey? I like the idea from the novel I partially read about various members of the coalition dropping out over time as the war continues. Perhaps the Andorians were very stout allies of the Earth forces when the war initially began but as the war continued and Romulan power was demonstrated, new elements came to power on Andor and forced them to pull out of the war. Now, if we want to add more to this, we can say that the anti-war majority is only very slight (and possibly losing some stature) so there are elements of the military and government that want to at least keep tabs on the war effort. That's where Mikey's ship comes in, they are a neutral ship that is observing the progress of the battle but stray a little too close to the Romulan border and the Romulans, in their xenophobic vigor, attack it requiring the Aegis to come to its aid as we conclude the battle at the supply depot.

I think this might give us a few more story options in the future as well, perhaps a bit of political intrigue as well regarding Earth and its allies as the war develops towards its conclusion.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

+1 for me. I've mentioned my questions regarding an anti-war Andorian sentiment, but it sure could work for storytelling purposes.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:+1 for me. I've mentioned my questions regarding an anti-war Andorian sentiment, but it sure could work for storytelling purposes.
I hope so ;) That's why I tried to phrase it the way I did, the anti-war movement has just enough power to prevent Andor from taking part but not enough for them to be totally isolated. Make sense?
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Sounds good, but which ded plaque do you prefer?
ImageImage