Right. I'm putting my foot down now.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Right. I'm putting my foot down now.

Post by Reliant121 »

Okay. I gave you lot the choice of weaponry and tech as well as the class of ship. But thats what your getting. The rest is MY decision and not yours. So far, when given the choice, all the majority of you seem to be able to do is argue your effing ass off. And i've had enough.

The starship is an NX. The weapons are the new set. Thats all thats changing. all else is staying STRICTLY to Enterprise canon. Romulans posess warpdrive, And all the weird techno babble IS being included. End of Story.

If you dont like it, tough.

EDIT: I've sneaked on in IT lesson :P go me!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Right. I'm putting my foot down now.

Post by Teaos »

*clap clap*

And Reliant curb stomps the crew. I'm seeing you as more of a Kirk leader than a Picard... :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Bravo dude! So do you have trouble finding finding pants that fit your balls?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damn, well said Rreliant. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Okay, to clarify

-we're using an NX-class ship
-we're upgrading the phase cannons to lasers
-we're downgrading the photonic torpedoes to atomic warheads
-everything else is staying the same
-we've been argueing over something that won't play a major factor in the RP for the past week or so
-of the 8 people who signed into the sign in topic 13 of them voted in the weapons topic
-everyone else but me seems to understand the logic behind all this

did I miss anything?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

*snip Reliant*
:clappy:

Thank you. To echo Kendall, I'm going to start calling you "bowling alley," 'cause you've got 16-lb. balls.

And in a weird light of agreement with Blackstar - right. We've been going around for a week on what are basically ancillary matters. Put down the stats, and just tell everyone to suck it up. (Boy, I hope that phrase means the same thing over there as it does in America.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:*snip Reliant*
:clappy:

Thank you. To echo Kendall, I'm going to start calling you "bowling alley," 'cause you've got 16-lb. balls.

And in a weird light of agreement with Blackstar - right. We've been going around for a week on what are basically ancillary matters. Put down the stats, and just tell everyone to suck it up. (Boy, I hope that phrase means the same thing over there as it does in America.)
First of all, first read through alone I came up with three different sex-related jokes.

Second of all, why couldn't people agree with me sooner?

Third of all, could someone explain the logic behind all this? That's the one question I haven't gotten an answer for yet.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

To be fair, I could just as easily say "Why didn't YOU agree with ME sooner."

Secondly, the logic is as follows:
#1 - we had a poll to see what types of tech we wanted
#2 - people got upset that the poll didn't go the way they wanted, OR that other people had the audacity to disagree with them
#3 - pissing match ensues

*EDIT*
ChakatBlackstar wrote:three different sex-related jokes
This is still the DITL forum, after all.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:To be fair, I could just as easily say "Why didn't YOU agree with ME sooner."

#2 - people got upset that the poll didn't go the way they wanted, OR that other people had the audacity to disagree with them
I meant the logic behind having the poll in the first place
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Mikey wrote:To be fair, I could just as easily say "Why didn't YOU agree with ME sooner."

I meant the logic behind having the poll in the first place
As someone already said, some people were unhappy with the way Enterprise shat all over the accepted back story, and thought of this RP as a way to fix it in some small way. Some people were unhappy about that idea. So, we have a poll to determine who the winner is and try to prevent an arguement. You can see how well htis worked--->pissing match ensues.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote: As someone already said, some people were unhappy with the way Enterprise shat all over the accepted back story, and thought of this RP as a way to fix it in some small way. Some people were unhappy about that idea. So, we have a poll to determine who the winner is and try to prevent an arguement. You can see how well htis worked--->pissing match ensues.
Well, if they don't like the way Enterprise did things then why would they want to join an Enterprise RP at all? And isn't altering the weapons load the same kind of thing they were mad at Enterprise for doing in the first place? Wouldn't that make them hypocrites?

I'm not trying to be difficult I'm just trying to understand this mess.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar - you have a differing viewpoint than the people who disagree with you (obviously) so the only thing to understand is that they feel a certain way, and believe that way, the same way you do.

All in all, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, and my own opinion at this point is that we should all just get over ourselves.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:we should all just get over ourselves.
But I'm so great! :-) {joking obviously}
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Blackstar - you have a differing viewpoint than the people who disagree with you (obviously) so the only thing to understand is that they feel a certain way, and believe that way, the same way you do.
Well, obviously I have different viewpoints but that doesn't mean I don't want to understand their point of view. Normally I can get some grip on an opposing point of view, but this time I fail to understand them at all.