Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Should we use the weapons and tech like lasers etc or phase cannons etc?

Lasers, Spatial atomic torpedoes, Superconductive armour
53%
Phase cannons, Photonic torpedoes and Polarized hull plating
47%

Total votes: 15
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Post by Reliant121 »

here is the vote we wanted.

my vote goes to the the Phase cannons.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Phase cannons! Keep the RP closer to canon. In fact, wouldn't Laser weapons be more advanced since they were canonically used in the 23rd century? It wouldn't make sense to have lasers with the more primitive weapons then.
Last edited by Blackstar the Chakat on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Phase canons! This is Star Trek not 'random-sci-fi-rp'
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I say no because despite what may or may not be canon, the use of lasers is canon and I believe Spock even said the war was fought with primitive atomic weapons. Therefore, lasers, atomics, etc. would be closer to established canon then what we saw in Enterprise. Now we have a chance to fix some(but obviously not all) of the screw-ups B&B made. We can retcon things in a way somewhat consistant with the Real World and the In-Universe World.

Just my 2 cents (or whatever the English equivalant is :-)).
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The more rescent and amount of contradictions in ENT should superceed what Spock said. Besides, there's nothing that says the Vulcans can't use atomic bombs. Or we don't have a few onboard for surface bombardment.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I thought the vulcans were neutral? After all, going by Canon it is the Earth-Romulan War not the Coalition of Planets-Romulan War...the other planets may have provided supplies much like a lend lease but the actual fighting was Human v. Romulan. Also, phase canons and photonic torpedoes can be explained away with a minimum of technobabble: "they were too expensive for mass production." We have no proof the NX-02 was outfitted in the same manner as the NX-01, and we could argue that the NX-01 was as much a study model for all the new tech as it was a legitimate starship.

Also, as the series that started it all and established the universe, TOS should take precedence...without it, we wouldn't have Ent. or anything to argue about ;-)
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:I say no because despite what may or may not be canon, the use of lasers is canon and I believe Spock even said the war was fought with primitive atomic weapons. Therefore, lasers, atomics, etc. would be closer to established canon then what we saw in Enterprise. Now we have a chance to fix some(but obviously not all) of the screw-ups B&B made. We can retcon things in a way somewhat consistant with the Real World and the In-Universe World.

Just my 2 cents (or whatever the English equivalant is :-)).
Enterprise's on-screen stuff should supercede what an individual says. Or there may be a compromise where only the frontline ships had photonic weapons while the majority of the ships were armed with atomic weapons since they were easier to produce. We did see more primitive and older ships in Earth's fleet, they'd probably be armed with more primitive weapons. Since this ship is supposed to be an NX-class ship we should stick to weapons that have been seen on NX-Class ships, which means phase cannons and photonic torpedoes.
Coalition of Planets-Romulan War...
That would be too long to say in conversation :roll:
We have no proof the NX-02 was outfitted in the same manner as the NX-01, and we could argue that the NX-01 was as much a study model for all the new tech as it was a legitimate starship
Yes we do. It was actually upgraded from the original NX-class design with dorsal phase cannons as standard. They said the NX-02 would be as armed as the refited NX-01 at launch.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

erm I meant Romulan not vulcan when i said they could use atomic bombs >.>

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Coalition of Planets-Romulan War...
That would be too long to say in conversation :roll:
Point conceded :lol:
We have no proof the NX-02 was outfitted in the same manner as the NX-01, and we could argue that the NX-01 was as much a study model for all the new tech as it was a legitimate starship
Yes we do. It was actually upgraded from the original NX-class design with dorsal phase cannons as standard. They said the NX-02 would be as armed as the refited NX-01 at launch.[/quote]

We do? I guess I should mention I have not seen all of Enterprise. I stopped watching somewhere in the 1st season and only restarted in the 4th when it got better, I'm trying to catch up via Sci-Fi channel and I know most of what happened, but I may be missing some dialogue or key visuals...such as the one where they specify the NX-02s out-fitting. Also wasn't there a school of thought on this board that visuals trump dialogue? So we never saw the NX-02 in action so we don't know what it's capabilities were.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote: We do? I guess I should mention I have not seen all of Enterprise. I stopped watching somewhere in the 1st season and only restarted in the 4th when it got better, I'm trying to catch up via Sci-Fi channel and I know most of what happened, but I may be missing some dialogue or key visuals...such as the one where they specify the NX-02s out-fitting. Also wasn't there a school of thought on this board that visuals trump dialogue? So we never saw the NX-02 in action so we don't know what it's capabilities were.
Yes we did. The Colombia teamed up with Enterprise in a battle above a Klingon colony. Remember? The forehead arc?

From Memory Alpha:
Compared to the class prototype, Enterprise, Columbia possessed advanced polarized hull plating, improved 12% above initial designs. (ENT: "Home")

Columbia also featured ventral and dorsal photonic torpedo launchers as well as pulsed phase cannons (a relatively new technology). Other improvements included an upgraded navigational deflector, improved computer interface technology and a modified bridge interior, utilizing stations that were tied directly into the primary EPS junction. (ENT: "Home")

Spaceframe and major structural elements of the NX-02, however, were generally identical to that of her predecessor.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Right lets end the argument. I dont care which gets the position but since i opened it as a vote, the highest vote wins end of. Stop the argument and let them vote.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote:Right lets end the argument. I dont care which gets the position but since i opened it as a vote, the highest vote wins end of. Stop the argument and let them vote.
I'm just trying to convince people to make the right decision. :lol: :wink:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Obviously, since I voted for the stuff established in Enterprise, i endorse your sentiments. but the argument may discourage people for taking your view.

thanks for trying all the same :wink:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Aren't you in charge of this shindig? Doesn't that mean you can override other's opinions?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

me,myself and I wrote:We do? I guess I should mention I have not seen all of Enterprise. I stopped watching somewhere in the 1st season and only restarted in the 4th when it got better, I'm trying to catch up via Sci-Fi channel and I know most of what happened, but I may be missing some dialogue or key visuals...such as the one where they specify the NX-02s out-fitting. Also wasn't there a school of thought on this board that visuals trump dialogue? So we never saw the NX-02 in action so we don't know what it's capabilities were.
Yes we did. The Colombia teamed up with Enterprise in a battle above a Klingon colony. Remember? The forehead arc?[/quote]

Much to my chagrin, I have never seen the forehead Arc (I wish I had though)...what I watch depends on the episodes SciFi airs.
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:Right lets end the argument. I dont care which gets the position but since i opened it as a vote, the highest vote wins end of. Stop the argument and let them vote.
I'm just trying to convince people to make the right decision. :lol: :wink:
As am I ;-) maybe we should try politics? ;-)