Enterprise Roleplay sign in

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Enterprise Roleplay sign in

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That'd work well enough.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Makes sense - I believe they have even intermingled crew.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Right, I think it's about time I got my character's bio up. Since there's been no objections, I'll be taking the position of Chief Medical Officer at Kendall's suggested rank of Lieutenant.

Name: Cú-Roí mac Dáire (I can tell you're all going to have great fun typing that out :P )
Position: Chief Medical Officer
Sex: Male

Background:
Born in the south of Ireland to a local politician, Cú-Roí was fascinated at an early age by the idea of alien life. He enrolled in Cork City University and later graduated with degrees in zoology and xenobiology.
After graduating, he joined UESPA in the hope of fulfilling his dreams of traveling the galaxy and encountering new alien races. However, his first post was as a member of a small research station on the edge of his home system doing nothing important or interesting.
After numerous requests for a transfer to a different post, Cú-Roí was eventualy moved to a facility on Vulcan to work with a team of scientists studying the local fauna. Although he enjoyed his work there and got on well with the other UESPA scientists, the local climate was far from his liking. After developing a dislike of the Vulcans themselves due to what he termed a "completely infuriating superiority complex" he began to look for another post.
After hearing about the fledgling Starfleet's exploration of the galaxy, he applied for a post on one of their ships. After a while, he was eventualy apointed as Chief Medical Officer on Starfleet's newest NX class starship.

Profile:
Cú-Roí is in general a laid-back and easygoing person, taking a very casual attitude towards his job and responsibilties. He gets on well with others, though he sometimes has a tendancy to unconciously treat non-humans as test subjects. He is fascinated by alien species and cultures and is eager to learn as much as he can about them. Due to personality conflicts while working with several of them he has a dislike of Vulcans, though he doesn't let that get in the way of doing his job.
Physicaly, he is not an intimidating person. He is thin, of moderate height and wears glasses.
He can speak both English and Irish fluently, and can speak passable (though not great) Vulcan, though many Vulcans find him difficult to understand due to his rather strong accent.

Reliant, if you'd be so kind as to add me to the mission thread. :)
A question; did the NX classes have any more medical staff on board? Or was it just the CMO on his own?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

NX-01 had just Phlox, with a female crewman that helped out on occasion (it was hinted that she was attracted to him but the actor died before they could explore it).

Really, there should be at least a nurse or a couple of medics onboard to help out and go on landing parties. Some naval vessels have only medics.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps there should be a couple of nurses? It seems a bit dumb to have just one person looking after the entire ship. What if I'm sick?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Perhaps there should be a couple of nurses? It seems a bit dumb to have just one person looking after the entire ship. What if I'm sick?
Get a nurse and two medics, like you say if you get sick your pooched (and so are we) and they can assist with surgery. Unlike what ENT would have us believe, you just can't perform an operation with whoevers at hand. Even on a dog. :roll:

The medics can also be risked on a landing party, sending the CMO down is retarded beyond measure.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Perhaps there should be a couple of nurses? It seems a bit dumb to have just one person looking after the entire ship. What if I'm sick?
Great point. Hell, I was thinking about having at least one sous chef, and the medical officer is a bit more important...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Party! :party:

Oh, wait. That's what would happen if you got sick in the Daystrom RPG
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Get a nurse and two medics, like you say if you get sick your pooched (and so are we) and they can assist with surgery.
Yeah, I think I'll go with that.
Would the medics be full-time medics, or would it be a sort of 'they're medics when they're needed and something else when they're not'?
Unlike what ENT would have us believe, you just can't perform an operation with whoevers at hand. Even on a dog. :roll:
Ugh, don't remind me. :x
The medics can also be risked on a landing party, sending the CMO down is retarded beyond measure.
Or the chief engineer. Or the tactical officer. Or the second in command. Or the captain. :roll:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:NX-01 had just Phlox, with a female crewman that helped out on occasion (it was hinted that she was attracted to him but the actor died before they could explore it).
The actress died?! O.O
Damn I always wondered wtf happened there. That's too bad.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
Would the medics be full-time medics, or would it be a sort of 'they're medics when they're needed and something else when they're not'?
Full time medics. Alot of people don't quite get that the medical staff of a Naval Vessel isn't just sitting around when there's no medical crisis. There's always preventive medicine to perform and I imagine that they would be monitoring the enviromental conditions on a starship in addition to everything else they do.
Or the chief engineer. Or the tactical officer. Or the second in command. Or the captain. :roll:
Yeah, at least we can avoid that if we choose in this.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:
The actress died?! O.O
Yeah, they had an episode or two dedicated to her memory. It is too bad, she was one of the better actors on the show. Better than a few of the main cast, she kind of reminded me of Kaylee on Firefly.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Full time medics. Alot of people don't quite get that the medical staff of a Naval Vessel isn't just sitting around when there's no medical crisis. There's always preventive medicine to perform and I imagine that they would be monitoring the enviromental conditions on a starship in addition to everything else they do.
Okay, cool. I may whip up some mini-bios for them later.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:
The actress died?! O.O
Yeah, they had an episode or two dedicated to her memory. It is too bad, she was one of the better actors on the show. Better than a few of the main cast, she kind of reminded me of Kaylee on Firefly.
Yeah she was a great actress. How's she die? I remember seeing "In memory of.." on an episdoe but i didn't know who it was.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Rochey wrote:
Really? Clancy's The Hunt for the Red October made me think otherwise. It seemed like the Red October had the one doctor, and later it seemed like the Dallas continued her tour without their only medic(he was moved to the October)