Space Battle Mach X

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Space Battle Mach X

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Can we make it two Norexians (staplic beat me to it). If not .... If not An updated galaxy as seen in DS9 and as described on the DITL stats page :)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Okay battle royal thread up and running, Keep all the chat in this one and I'll just keep the data in that one.

First move in Conn, where you want to move and orient yourself. Also where you do special moves like launching craft and cloak ect.

Griffin in your PM to me can you say what your three strike groups of craft will be? Curbstompers or Falcons, each group has to be all one type but you can have two of one and one of the other, or all the same.

Feel free to ask question if you want before your turn as we havent done this in about 3 years and some have never played before.

Also as you can probably tell I make the map in paint and it is not to scale, it is just easier to have a some what accurate portrayal of how the ships are placed. For the first move there are only two distance, the one between the ships on either flank and the two across from you.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

So I don't appear to be on the map. I presume I'm the brown one despite the key saying I am the green one?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm color blind... But yeah thats you, I'll change it next turn if I can get the right colour. To be the two colours look the same.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Teaos wrote:I'm color blind... But yeah thats you, I'll change it next turn if I can get the right colour. To be the two colours look the same.
It's fine, I'll just make the mental change. I was confused for a minute.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Just a couple clarification questions:

Only the Norexians have their weapons layouts directed (which ones fire which directions). I'm assuming this is just an omission on the other ships?

There are a couple ships (Prometheus) where the section stats list one kind of weapon (Type 4 Burst Fire), but the armament lists another (Pulse QTL). Just hoping to figure out which is which.

Lastly there are some ships with the beam weapon power listed in damage (TJ) and some in power (TW) is that intentional (thereby requiring the proper power mod for the weapon type to calculate damage) or just a typo and all numbers listed are their damage values.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

1) umm will have to look, but I got all the stats from previous battles apart from the Prom. The weapons should fire from the side they come from.

2) ah I just created the promy now (didn't realise we'd never used it before) so I think it's the qt, but will check main site.

3) all numbers should be tj.

Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

Just so everyone know, I'm GMT, so will not be on throught the night. (About 12am-11PM atm though.)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

No worries, each turn usually takes 2-3 days for people to get their orders straight.

Got 2 out of 5 so far.

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Some interesting stats on the games:

The most active battler is a tie between Stitch and Mark each with 5 matches.
The most victorious player (W=3pts,D=1pt,L=U=0pts) is Stitch with 2W1D2L. Second Place is a tie between Rochey (1W1L) and BIG(1W)

Of the 9 matches we've had 3 matches go unfinished, 2 Draws, and 4 conclusive battles.

The most commonly chosen ship is a tie between the Defiant, Scimitar, Sovereign, Akira, and Vor'cha.
The most victorious ship is the Akira(2W1L) Followed by the Sovereign (1W1D1L)

The average match lasts 8.3 rounds. The longest is 12 in Battle #2. The shortest is 4 Turns in Battle #3 (which went unfinished). The shortest for a finished match is 7 Turns in Battle #1.

Complete Record:

Battle #1 - Frontier Skirmish
Stitch [Klingon BOP] vs Mark [Miranda]
7 Turns
Result: Victory to Stitch

Battle #2 - Post War Power Play
Tsukiyumi [Norexian] vs Staplic [Defiant]
12 Turns
Result: Draw; Staplic Rams Tsuki

Battle #3 - The War that Could have Been
Mark [Dominion Battleship] + Staplic [Scimitar] vs Reliant [Negh'var] + Teaos [Paladin]
4 Turns
Result: Unfinished: Only minor damage

Battle #4 - Insurrection Revisited
JudgeKing [Sovereign] vs Reliant [Son'a Battleship]
10 Turns
Result: Draw; Reliant rams JugeKing

Battle #5 - Battle Royal
Nick [Defiant] vs Rochey [Akira] vs Mark [Sovereign] vs Mikey [Vor'cha] vs Stitch [Vor'cha]
9Turns
Result: Victory to Rochey

Battle #6 - Battle Royal
Rochey [Akira] vs Stitch [Intrepid] vs Bob [Dominion Battleship] vs Nick [Intrepid] vs Mark [Scimitar] vs Sunny [Enhanced GCS]
8 Turns
Result: Unfinished; Rochey Rams Stitch {both ships destroyed}, Mark destroyed, Nick Heavily Damaged

Battle #7 - Nemesis Revisited
Stitch [Sovereign] vs Seafort [Scimitar]
11 Turns
Result: Victory to Stitch

Battle #8 - Disintegration of an Alliance
BIG [Akira] + Stitch [Defiant] vs Seafort [Negh'var] + Nick [Vor'cha]
9 Turns
Result: Victory to BIG {note: Stitch is awarded a draw having been a member of the winning team but not surviving to the end of the match}

Battle #9 - Message in a Bottle, inside this Torpedo
Mark [Prometheus] vs Sonic Glitch [Norexian]
5 Turns
Result: Unfinished; moderate damage to bot ships
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

That Borg sim; is that the "Wold 359" thingy? If so, is there any chance I can join?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Sure will be doing it after this. Just getting back into it in this one.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Need conn orders from 2 more. Easy first round folks, forward, back ect, not much thought involved this time.

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Hang on, I don't think my Torps add up. Under sections I have 14 Type 4 Burst fire tubes but under Armament I have 15 Pulse fires...
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Fixed everything I think.

All weapons are now TJ, didnt affect anything really.

Fixed Griffins ship, all Burst fire now and added one extra tube to the front of his ship to add up to 15.

Fixed a error on the Promethius.