SF mission planning - pilot thread

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SF mission planning - pilot thread

Post by Deepcrush »

Lets up this just a bit. Lets set up some 'real' missions for people to design around. If you're up for it, let me know.

Mission - Target Capture
Target - Guy Person (Tango 1)
Threats - Est two dozen guards of poor caliber.

Location - Columbia, South America
A small two story "villa" on a 14 acre plot of grassland. The fields made up of tall grasses of half a meter in height. Around the house is a small one meter high stone wall which parts only for the driveway. The downstairs of the house is made of a fairly large kitchen, open family room and office. The upstairs has two bedrooms and a gym.

Bio
Tango 1 is a one man "think tank" for criminal actions in South America. Lately his work has expanded and he's been spotted Asia and Europe with assets in North America. There is a 90% chance that if captured he can be turned to serve our uses. While he has a family, they are not at the target location. He is the only person there that is to be taken alive. All others are to be cancelled. After mission, the sight will be cleaned. There for any actions taken will have no lasting after effects.

Prepare a strike force to capture the target. You have been granted temp status for free actions during this mission. The Government of Columbia has granted us a thirty minute response window. Your team must enter the sight, complete the mission and evac within that time. Otherwise your team will be cleaned along with the sight.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Weapons and Warfare

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:Assault rifles are easier to maneuver and easier to keep on target after the first round than battle rifles. Since statistics show that the overwhelming majority of combat takes place under 300 yards, I'd say that assault rifles are the way to go. If you're deploying in a wide open terrain, a squad of DEVASTATOR MARINES is an option.
Fixed it for you... :happydevil:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:twisted:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Lets up this just a bit. Lets set up some 'real' missions for people to design around. If you're up for it, let me know.

Mission - Target Capture
Target - Guy Person (Tango 1)
Threats - Est two dozen guards of poor caliber.

Location - Columbia, South America
A small two story "villa" on a 14 acre plot of grassland. The fields made up of tall grasses of half a meter in height. Around the house is a small one meter high stone wall which parts only for the driveway. The downstairs of the house is made of a fairly large kitchen, open family room and office. The upstairs has two bedrooms and a gym.

Bio
Tango 1 is a one man "think tank" for criminal actions in South America. Lately his work has expanded and he's been spotted Asia and Europe with assets in North America. There is a 90% chance that if captured he can be turned to serve our uses. While he has a family, they are not at the target location. He is the only person there that is to be taken alive. All others are to be cancelled. After mission, the sight will be cleaned. There for any actions taken will have no lasting after effects.

Prepare a strike force to capture the target. You have been granted temp status for free actions during this mission. The Government of Columbia has granted us a thirty minute response window. Your team must enter the sight, complete the mission and evac within that time. Otherwise your team will be cleaned along with the sight.
Interesting. What sort of assets do we have in terms of transportation? I.e. is a helo available for extraction?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:What sort of assets do we have in terms of transportation? I.e. is a helo available for extraction?
Well I'd think the helo would be best, unless you want to risk walking through a hostile area.

Think of it this way, you are a team leader of an International Spec-Ops Task Force. If you want it, you've got it. Since this "Never Happened" and we were "Never Involved" you can do whatever you want so long as you complete the mission.

Terms to know for those who don't.
"Clean or Cleaning or Cleaned" means that the area will be destroyed. Airstrike, demo, whatever... its gone.
"Cancel or Cancelled" means that you are going to end someone's services and life.
"Free Action" means that you can do whatever you want to whoever you want so long as at the end of the day, Mission is complete.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Think of it this way, you are a team leader of an International Spec-Ops Task Force. If you want it, you've got it. Since this "Never Happened" and we were "Never Involved" you can do whatever you want so long as you complete the mission.
How "uninvolved"? Depending on the degree of uninvolvedness required, the best weapons would be AKs and 9mm pistols. Stuff like M16s, G36s, MP5s, etc, run the risk of someone getting out and blagging. Regardless whether the objective is no witnesses, you know the saying about well plans and contacts go together. There's also the issue of how important it would be to leave a clean scene - would leaving a bunch of 5.56mm casings behind cause problems?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I'm with Seafort, buy surplus Soviet kit and outfit your team with it. It's all pretty rugged and it's training that makes these guys deadly rather then any whiz-bang kit.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Then why 9mm handguns? The Parabellum round is just as much NATO standard as the 5.56 is. I think, considering that we're not dealing with militants, MP7's are in order, with a few Mossberg 12-gauges with double-ought and breaching rounds.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I would opt for the Soviet handgun whose round was designed to penetrate body armour then 9mm Parabellum, I can't recall the name though.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:How "uninvolved"?
Deniability only. As long as anyone can't prove which Government committed the action, it doesn't matter if they find stray shell casings.
Captain Seafort wrote:Depending on the degree of uninvolvedness required, the best weapons would be AKs and 9mm pistols. Stuff like M16s, G36s, MP5s, etc, run the risk of someone getting out and blagging. Regardless whether the objective is no witnesses, you know the saying about well plans and contacts go together. There's also the issue of how important it would be to leave a clean scene - would leaving a bunch of 5.56mm casings behind cause problems?
Seafort, a "Clean" target means its going to be glassed/burned/leveled/razed. :lol:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Seafort, a "Clean" target means its going to be glassed/burned/leveled/razed. :lol:
That's what I assumed, however you have to guard against the risk that someone might be able to get away - if that happens you don't want them reporting people carrying M16s or other limited-issue kit.
Mikey wrote:Then why 9mm handguns? The Parabellum round is just as much NATO standard as the 5.56 is.
It's used as a NATO-standard round, but it's also the most common pistol-calibre round in the world, whereas the 5.56mm round is pretty much limited to NATO countries.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Neither the M16 or the 5.56 are in any way shape or form exclusive to anyone. I can pick up surplus 5.56 just about anywhere they sell ammo and a semi-auto M16 can be had just about anywhere. Full auto M16's aren't exactly hard to come by. Being armed with M16's means about as much as being armed with AK-47's, except maybe that you've got an arms supplier with a bit better connections and men with a bit more training than average.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:That's what I assumed, however you have to guard against the risk that someone might be able to get away - if that happens you don't want them reporting people carrying M16s or other limited-issue kit.
Won't matter much even if they do. Since the site is going to be hit by an airstrike at the end of the 30min window. People will most likely figure out its a government job. The problem for them will be which government.

On a side note, if no one can set up a mission profile today I'll make up another mission. This one may have been to hard for beginners. Which is no one's fault but my own. I was going to story line these as in each mission would lead to your next mission.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What's the time window? Is a night op an option? Do they have any significant exterior illumination? How does the house get it's power? Is there a back up generator?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What's the time window? Is a night op an option?
You have a 30 minute window which has been granted by the local Government but you can use this at anytime of the day/night.
Do they have any significant exterior illumination?
The house itself has a fair bit of lighting. Nothing like search lights, but enough that you'll be spotted by anything living.
How does the house get it's power? Is there a back up generator?
The house is on grid power with no back up.