Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Origin of Humans in BSG Universe

Post by Teaos »

Living the dream.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Except the Final 5 were descendants of the 13th tribe that left Kobol, so we still only have independent evolution on two worlds: Kobol and our Earth.

The Humans evolved first on Kobol, developed the Cylons, War broke out between them, the survivors left Kobol. The 12 Human tribes settled the 12 colonies, the 13 tribe of cylons settled on "Earth."

The human cylons of "Earth" developed their own centurion models that rebelled against them and wiped out their population just after 5 of them rediscovered resurrection technology. They then left "earth" for the colonies to prevent this from happening there.

The 12 colonies create cylons which eventually revolt leading to the First Cylon War. This likely would have resulted in destruction of the cylons or humans except that the 5 from the 13th tribe arrived and negotiated a peace. the Cylons would abandon their war with humanity and in exchange they would recieve guidance in creating human cylons and resurection technology.

2nd Cylon War begins when the Model 1's (Cavil's) kill the Final Five and implant them into colonial society, enslave the centurions, and reprogram the other human models to forget the Final Five. 2nd Cylon War is interrupted by a Cylon Civil War with the enslaved centurions are freed and revolt against the 1's, 2's and 4's that want to enslave them.

Colonial Fleet arrives at "Earth" and discover the truth of the 13th tribe and the Final Five.

Colonial Fleet arrives at Earth discovering a second evolution of humanity and abandoning their technology integrate into this society.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Kinda just leaves us with the "god is fucking with humanity" idea.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Platonian
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Platonian »

And/or Tyyr's observation writ large:
Sadly the theme of the show wound up being, "Our writers are f*cking clueless and don't know how to write an ending."
Thanks again for your thoughts on this.
"It isn't faith that makes good science, Mr. Klaatu, it's curiosity."
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Teaos wrote:Kinda just leaves us with the "god is fucking with humanity" idea.
Am I the only one whose acrually OK with this idea?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Don-Okay
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Don-Okay »

Lazy writing.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Teaos wrote:Kinda just leaves us with the "god is fucking with humanity" idea.
Am I the only one whose acrually OK with this idea?
"God did it," kind of went out of style with the toga as a way of handling your story's plotholes.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tyyr wrote:That actually works pretty well and fits into the theme of the show.

Sadly the theme of the show wound up being, "Our writers are fucking clueless and don't know how to write an ending."
Also, 'technology bad!'
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Platonian wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I have watched the whole series and am aware of the premise of a second human evolution. However, as I noted in my original post, humans evolving independently on different planets seems fantastic.

I was just curious to know if anyone was aware of a more plausible explanation. If not, I submit to the fantastic!
Preservers did it.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Platonian

Post by Platonian »

Tiberius wrote:
Platonian wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I have watched the whole series and am aware of the premise of a second human evolution. However, as I noted in my original post, humans evolving independently on different planets seems fantastic.

I was just curious to know if anyone was aware of a more plausible explanation. If not, I submit to the fantastic!
Preservers did it.
That was my thought, too, Tiberius. It seems as reasonable as any other explanation.
"It isn't faith that makes good science, Mr. Klaatu, it's curiosity."
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)