Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Cech's a lightweight!" Bossk grinned. He put a scaley massive green hand through Cech's hair. "Let me show you guys something one of the band members left in his hand."

"How does someone leave something in their hand?" Jag asked.

"Well he didn't take it back when I picked it up. He only greeted me with a 'hey'. Friendly guy." Bossk held up his other hand to reveal a guitar. He turned slightly to look for a nearby seat next to Ceck deciding to pull over a stool.

Sitting on it he strung the coords, "Any requests?" Jag listed off a few songs from the 2130s like Vulcan Vermilitude as he was a fan of Neo Revivalist Jazz Rock which was popular in that decade.

"Gorn don't play Neo revivialismistic Jazz Rock!" Bossk shook his head. "Gorn play songs from 1980s!"

Jag sighed, "I don't know songs from then!"

"Its okay I do." Bossk nodded matter of factly. He began to play 'She Blinded Me with Science' or as Bossk said with this accent, 'Thhe banded me wit skience' until a Tholian came up to the group.

Once the song ended the Tholian spoke, "I hear you guys work for a mercenary group?"

"Depends, who wants to know?" Jag asked.

"The Assembly. There's been an increase in pirate activity along the boarder so there's now a standing bounty on any and all pirates captured or killed." The Tholian dropped off a datapad and walked off.

"Interesting." Jag murmured picking up the datapad.

"Yeah really, he didn't stay for a beer." Bossk replied.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar growled as shi paced back and forth in hir quarters. Shi knew that if shi tried to bring Talora back against her will then she'd resent hir for it. But shi still hated it.

Frustrated that shi couldn't follow Talora or bring her back without angering hir, shi got to work on modifying some the unused space for Alternate Thursdays. Shi began working on the most essential part first: cleaning. Luckily the ship had an old reservoir water system with redundancies. Shi began modifying the secondary reservoir and by the end of the day room held several screened, toilet stalls large enough for a taur, half a dozen large open shower stalls, a wading pool, and two huge hot tubs built to hold up to ten taurs or about 20-25 bipeds each around its perimeter. The center of the room was dominated by a large pool, with depths ranging from three feet, to over ten feet under the diving board.

It was when Blackstar was almost finished cleaning up when Silvertail walked in with Starbolt and a plate of sandwiches. "I thought you might be hungrey. Did you do all this in only a few hours?"

"Some of it. I installed a few replicator devices in the ceiling along with holoprojectors, much like the setup I plan to put in the next room. I used that to help me build this stuff faster," explained Blackstar "It's like you're reading my mind. How did you know I'd be hungrey?" asked Blackstar.

"You've been down here since lunch and it was about the time when you eat dinner," said Silvertail. "Speaking of which, someone else wants her dinner as well," said Silvertail who indicated the young cub who was had been trying to sneak into Silvertail's top and was now reaching for Blackstar.

Blackstar quickly swapped out hir work top for one of hir 'big tops' and put Starbolt in the pouch so that she could have dinner, while Blackstar ate hir's.

"So you've been busy. What are you working on? A rec room of somesort?" asked Silvertail.

"That's what it started out as," Blackstar said inbetween bites. "But as I worked on this room I began thinking about other possibilites of the holographic and replicator technology I was going to add to the room in front of this one. I could convert part of the shuttlebay into a repair facility that can be worked in by remote in a holosuite. It would cost energy, but it could be done in total safty. The only worry I have is the power consumption. We only have so much power on this ship to use at once."

"But isn't using the replicators and the holoprojectors when you were working on this room, also draining power?" asked Silvertail.

"Warp cores aren't instant on and off. While the warp core is on standby it's still producing a lot of power. I'm just putting it to use for our purposes," said Blackstar. "But in space we'll be using a lot more power. For the engines. It shouldn't be a problem at cruising speeds, but if we're in a hurry..."

"Maybe you should think about buying and installing a second warp core," suggested Silvertail. "It would also give you a back up should one be damaged."

"Maybe...", said Blackstar, "but warp cores aren't cheap. It will be a while before we can install a second one. Anyway, I can finish up the 'mess room' later. Is Talora back yet?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Gunny unwrapped himself from the sheets and walked toward the window, absently scratching at the scar on his right ribs. ''Does the implant still bother you?" asked Kelinda.

''No, I'm just thinking," answered Gunny. "You know, I ain't in Starfleet anymore - I could just stay here with you."

''No, you couldn't," said Kelinda with a wry grin. "You'd miss running around the galaxy and killing people."

"Killing people?" said Gunny vacantly. ''I don't love it, I don't hate it. It's just what I do. Er, did, maybe, if I stay..."

"Do you mean it, Kenny?" Kelinda got out of bed and bounced toward him. Combined with her lack of clothing, that action made for a spectacular effect. ''Let's go out for breakfast to celebrate."

As the newly showered and dressed couple headed out the door, a pair of unfriendly-looking Nausicaans emerged from around a corner. "Somebody wants to find Kortaga - he finds them first," said one, "and those people don't get found again."

Before Gunny could answer, Kelinda drew herself up and said, "Are you threatening us, slug-brain?" The goons made no answer but quickened their pace as Kelinda drew a short but wide dagger.

As Gunny attempted to maneuver himself between the Nausicaans and Kelinda, she broke around him and attempted an awkward stab. Her stroke went wide but the Nausicaan's riposte with his own blade was true. As she slumped backward into Gunny, his mind went blank and he unconsiously drew his pistol. His shot pummeled a crater into the Nausicaan's chest and splayed its ribs apart as he turned and slammed the gun's breech into the second Nausicaan's head. Despite the fact that his target was now laid out with a dented skull, Gunny spent a full further minute beating the inert body.

Finally getting a hold of himself, Gunny bent to give Kelinda's cheek a soft kiss before picking up her body. Making his way to the Pride, his mind raced. They hadn't even begun making any inquiries, so somebody must have known that Gunny would be looking for info on Kortaga. ''Sally," he said into his new portable commlink, "has anybody left the port area since we've been on Altair VI?"

The Myrmidon returned to its berth on the Pride under radio silence. A crowd of returning crewmen gathered to watch the eerie scene of Gunny descending from the shuttle cradling Deaan's body. With an odd, detached look he located Blackstar in the crowd and said very softly, "Skip? We - I - have to get this pile of vole puke. Talora? Here are the terminal coordinates for Diego's last transmission to Kortaga. He needed some convincing to share them."

Finding Sekhot next, Gunny twisted his neck, cracking a number of tendons, and said, "Altair VI has remarkable medical facilities. Your friend Diego will recover almost 100%... eventually."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The hired shuttle, An older federation model, pulled sluggishly out of its berth. She had requested an armed craft. All they could give her was this rarely used vessel, armed with a pair of light phaser cannons. Wasnt exactly the Pride, or even comparable to the S'Tei but she couldn't use her craft due to the noticeability of it.
"This is aerial control to shuttlecraft registration Golf Niner Niner Tango, Please state your destination." Came a comms voice.
"Golf Niner Niner Tango here. Destination Laxiani district." She replied. There was a long pause.
"You are cleared for departure, transit clearance level 3." the channel was cut. Level 3. She had been cleared to follow her own vector and not the normal airways. She was immediately suspicious but decided to strike it up to Ti'val's 'abilities'.
Her shuttle plowed into the free airways, and burst into full legal speed. Nothing happened. It was a completely unremarkable trip.

The shuttle set down on a landing pad. But something was wrong. Another shuttle was there. A Nausicaan shuttle. What business does she have with Nausicaans of all races!?
Talora extracted her Bajoran pistol from its holster and powered it up to a high stun setting. It would hopefully be enough to take out any Nausicaans she would encounter.
She crept up to the entrance of Ti'val's apartment and pressed the open key. The door slid open....and there was utter chaos.
The room had been turned upside down...Books littered the floor, plates and cutlery layered the room. And several items of furniture had been damaged. In the centre of the room....was a female body.
"No..." Talora said walking up to Ti'val. She took out a tricorder and scanned up and down her body. Ti'val was still alive. But the life was draining out of her. Talora picked up Ti'val's body and walked out of the room. Just as she left, a red disrupter bolt slammed into the wall behind her.
She picked up pace, running toward the open door of the shuttle. Two more bolts ripped past her, lancing into the shuttle wall. She ran in, placed Ti'val on a seat, injected her with a pain relief serum and powered up the shuttle.
The Nausicaan raiders made a dash for their shuttle. She powered up the phaser cannons and fired a short beam at it...it struck the hull, doing little damage.
"engines active." The computer sounded. She blasted them to full power and rocketed off the deck.
"This is Golf Niner Niner Tango to anyone who will respond. Emergency distress call. I am under attack by Nausicaan raiders, Requesting immediate assistance!" She kept the channel open.
"Computer fire at hostile targets, Attack pattern Epsilon-2!" The phaser cannon mounted on the rear of the shuttle opened fire, releasing a pair of yellow beams at the now pursuing Nausicaan vessel. They impacted the shields, doing little damage. The shuttle returned fire, red pulses streaking at her sluggish craft. 4 of six pulses missed, 2 hit. They shook the shuttle, blasting into the energy barrier.
A signal came on.
"Golf Niner Niner Tango, come to this heading and go past these coordinates." A data stream came through.
"why? Who is this?" She replied to the voice.
"Just do it if you want to survive!" Came the male voice, fainly familiar.
She dragged the shuttle into a turn to starboard, heading for the coordinates..she continued scanning for anything as she drove through them. Then an alarm sounded.
"Proximity alert. Proximity alert."
"Identify!" Talora screamed.
"B'rel class bird of prey." came the clinical computer voice.
"WHAT?"
The Bird of prey decloaked, wings in their folded up position. Her wing cannons opened fire, blasting though the shields of the Nausicaan raider. It was enveloped by a cataclysmic flame..leaving a twisted burning wreck to plummit to the ground.
Talora brought the shuttle round and entered face off, staring down the torpedo tube of the much larger B'rel.
"This is Niner Tango to unidentified vessel...who are you?"
A visual channel oppened to reveal Inadrin standing with a huge grin on his face.
"I think you know me..."

"Talora to Starbolt's Pride, come in," Talora said over the comm channel, piloting her craft in formation with Inadrin's Bird Of Prey.
"Dammit, Where the hell have you been...We got your distress signal. I was about to come after you," Came a bedraggled voice belonging to Blackstar. Good to know she cares for me .
"Its under control. And I'm bringing home...a few friends..."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar gazed into Talora's vibrant green eyes as she laid down beside hir. "You know, today I was worried I might have lost you."

"I was worried about that too," said Talora. "I'm glad I made it back."

Blackstar traced a finger over Talora's forehead ridges, getting a giggle out of her as she was ticklish there. "Please let me come with you next time you do something potentially dangerous."

"You can't protect me all the time," said Talora.

"That sounds like a challenge," Blackstar said with a grin.

Talora gave a grin of her own, "I appreciate it but I can take care of myself."

"I know. But it's what mates do. Back each other up and all that," explained Blackstar. "But if you don't want me to take up the challenge of protecting you all the time, I do have another one in mind."

"I think I know where this is going," Talora said knowingly.

"Trying to get you pregnant," said Blackstar.

"That'll never work," said Talora who understood the medical difficulties of cross-species matings far better the Blackstar.

Blackstar grinned, "Can you blame me for wanting to try?"

Talora rolled her eyes, realizing what Blackstar was thinking and that shi was teasing her in the process. "Well, I suppose practice couldn't hurt."

Little did she realize how wrong she was.

about 30 minutes later...

"And how did you fracture your wrist?" Asked Silvertail as shi ran a dermal re generator over Blackstar's right wrist.

"I punched a bulkhead," growled Blackstar.

"That's not what my tricorder says," said Silvertail, "this fracture suggests more of a pushing motion of some sort."

Talora rolled her eyes, "we fell off the bed. Shi caught hirself before shi flattened me."

"Tattle tail," said Blackstar childishly.

"Ah, good," said Silvertail, "I won the ship's betting pool as to how you got the injury then."

"Seems the ship's gossip abilities are second to none," joked Talora.

Blackstar looked up at the internal sensor grid, "especially when the ship has an AI that probably helped spread the word."

Silvertail just smiled and said, "there, all better. Now what did you learn?"

"Have a shorter bed," Blackstar said dead-panned.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

[Note: This is at the time of Mikey's last post]

"I have no doubt that he will, Sir." Sekhot replied. "But finding him will be a lot more difficult than you think."

"Why would that be?" Asked the human, who had just been turning to leave.

"Because he's very good at disappearing when he needs to." Sekhot replied. "The first thing he does when he gets to any planet is find himself some bolt-holes he can run to if something goes wrong. And tracking him via his transmission won't get you anywhere; he always moves whenever he transmits anything to anyone. He's been completely paranoid for the last year or so, ever since he nearly got killed by a couple of guys who tracked him down and tried to shut him up permanently."

"Someone will have seen him around." Gunny replied, though he sounded less than sure.

"Perhaps" Sekhot said, shrugging. "But the moment he knows someone is looking for him, he'll be off this planet in a second. After that, you'll have no hope of finding him."

"What would you suggest, then?" Gunny asked. In reply, the Laithan gestured at his own battered gunship.

"We can take my ship, and I can arrange to meet up with him somewhere. He trusts me, so unless he knows we're on to him, he won't object to me seeing him."

"You're offering to help?" Gunny asked in surprise. Sekhot nodded.

"Of course. He stabbed me in the back as well as you. I'm not going to let him get away with that. Though there is one condition."

"What's that?"

"He lives. Do what you want with him, but don't kill him, or wound him too badly. I owe him a lot from before, so I think ensuring his survival is the least I can do. Are we in agreement?"

"Done." Gunny replied, nodding.

"Right. Let's get to it, then."

It didn't take long for Sekhot to get a hold of Diego over the comms. He gave a fairly convincing story about needing some stuff only he could supply, and after a bit of bartering over the price Diego arranged to meet up at a small spaceport.
Sekhot flicked the switch to terminate the transmission, and then nodded in confirmation to Gunny, who had been standing out of sight in the cramped space just aft of the cockpit.

"We have him. Five minutes, Jahara Spaceport. We can get there in more than enough time." Sekhot informed him, beginning the gunship's start-up procedures. "You may want to strap yourself in." He said, gesturing at the vacant co-pilot's seat. "The inertial dampners aren't quite as good as your Federation's versions."
The human nodded in response, sat down and began strapping himself in. A moment later there was a heavy kick as the vessel's engines flared into life, shooting them out of the Pride's shuttlebay.

The Diaga Cúiteamh touched down none too gracefully in the landing bay Diego had told them to arrive at a couple of minutes later. Shotgun held limply and non-threateningly by the barrel in one claw, Sekhot walked out of the ship and into the landing bay. He immediately spotted Diego sitting on a couple of crates of Amasec wine Sekhot had pretended to be interested in buying. Seeing him disembark from his ship, Kortaga's informer stood up and strolled casually across the concrete landing pad towards the Laithan.

"You shoulda asked for this stuff before if you wanted it." Diego complained, walking up to Sekhot. "It's not that easy to get a hold of two crates of that stuff on such short notice. You're lucky I have good contacts."

"Ah, well, I knew you'd get the stuff." Sekhot replied, waving away the complaints. "Like you said, you have good contacts. As a matter of fact, one of those contacts is just the reason I'm here, actualy." Diego frowned, part suspicion and part confusion.

"What do you mean by-" He began, but before he could finish Sekhot had swung the shotgun up and slammed the stock into the alien's skull. There was a loud crack, and Diego dropped like a bag of rocks. Sekhot prodded him with a hoof for a moment, just to make sure he was in fact unconcious and not just faking it, and then turned back to the ship.

"Got 'im!" He called back up the boarding ramp. Gunny emerged from the craft as Sekhot stooped to relieve Diego of his weapon, an antique disruptor pistol whose age seemed to fluctuate between a few decades and a few centuries according to it's owner. Sekhot figured it'd make a nice addition to his small armoury.

"That him?" Gunny asked, approaching the two of them.

"That's him." Sekhot confirmed. "I think there's a small storage room just over there." He said, gesturing at a half-open door on the other side of the pad. "I doubt you want anyone stumbling across what you're going to do and informing the authorities. You want me to wait around 'till you're done?"

"No need." Gunny replied, producing a rope and binding the unconcious informer's hands together. "I know my own way back, and it's not too far." Sekhot shrugged.

"As you wish."

"You've been a great help to me, I won't forget it." Gunny said as he dragged the unconcious mercenary towards the privacy of the storage room.

Sekhot waited until they had gone, and then turned his attention to the two crates of Amasec wine Diego had brought with him. This was top-quality alcohol, the best the planet had to offer, and he quickly figured that he could make a small fortune back on the Pride by selling them at around 75% market value. Quite pleased at the profit he was going to make, Sekhot began loading the crates into his ship.[/quote]
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora walked through the Med bay's heavy doors, and was greeted by Ti'Val sitting up in bed, devouring a strange foodstuff. She was about 140 years old (40 odd in human years) and was starting to look like it. Slight wrinkles, slacking of the skin.
Before Talora could speak, Ti'Val began her usual ritual of chronic complaining.
"May I be blunt? The replicator patterns you have are frankly terrible." Ti'val said, with half a crumpet hanging from her mouth.
"You never change do you?" Talora said, grasping a PADD containing the details of Ti'Vals medical state. She'd recovered remarkably well. One of those people that will become the old bat that wont die and prevents you from claiming life insurance.
"No I damned well dont. And anyway, only these...Crumpets or whatever they are called are bearable, and as you can see, i've eaten alot of them," Ti'val said, pointing to a serving tray....crumpet crumbs were everywere.
"Glad we could of service," Talora said, knowing it was better to just let Ti'Val moan. It sometimes was hard, but Ti'Vals intelligence network, plus incredible hacking skills were invaluable.
"Well...i suppose i am grateful from saving me from Kortaga's minions," She said, looking down at yet another Marmite covered Crumpet.
"It was nothing."
Ti'Val looked up, starry eyed.
"really?"
"of course!!!" Talora shouted.
"Well your daft then," Ti'val said, smiling broadly. Damn i fell for it!.
"Anyway...Kortaga. I think it would be helpful to brief your staff on the situation and his capabilities. Plus the kind of technology we are facing. I have heard rumours of this vessel. Quite impressive from what i hear."
"The pride is a powerful and capable ship," Talora Replied.
"And i havnt even got to the most important thing." Ti'val said. Talora was puzzled. Truelly puzzled.
"Have you got a husband yet?" Ti'Val asked, an unusual fire in her eyes.
"Oh for god sake....Thats none of your concern," Talora said looking away.
"Ah...so you have found someone...wait...the tensing then hints at something....theres something about....it thats a tad different is there not?"
Rather well timed, Silvertail walked through the door.
"Would that be it?" Ti'val asked. Silvertail stopped, not saying anything.
"No...but Shi's identical, well almost, to Silvertail." Talora replied.
"Well...at least your happy." Ti'val said. Curiousity was in every syllable.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Gunny hauled Diego upright and secured the bond on the informant's wrists to a hook on the wall of the storeroom. Sharkey wore a brief tank-top, exposing the black-line tattoos on his arms - each one commemorating a planetary campaign - which took on a menacing cast in the dim light. Diego's eyes widened as Gunny drew his pulse-gun - while it may not have been as refined as a Federation weapon, it was designed perfectly; it was reinforced well enough to be used as a deadly bludgeon with no ill effects, and its looks left no doubt that its business end was a very bad place to be.

"Who do you work for?" asked Diego with a brave air of nonchalance. ''Whoever it is, he - and you - are finished."

''You think this is about competition?" laughed Gunny humorlessly. ''I'm here for revenge, plain and simple. You tipped off Kortaga that someone was asking questions, and his thugs killed the girl I love before I could take them out. She wasn't an innocent bystander - I'm not looking for justice, and what I'm gonna do to you sure ain't fair. I ain't concerned with justice or fairness - just revenge." With that, Gunny casually turned the power on the pulse-gun down to minimum and fired. Diego howled in pain as the shot shattered his right kneecap.

"Wh- wh- what are you doing?!" sputtered the captive in surprise. ''Why don't-"

"Wouldn't be a much of a revenge if it was painless," said Gunny matter-of-factly as he reversed the pistol in his grip and smashed the butt into Diego's left hip. Diego cringed as much as his tautly bound position allowed, while Gunny holstered his pistol and drew his k-bar. He backhanded the pommel of the knife into Diego's chest, just under the ribs, and tuned the blade toward his victim. Diego began to wheeze and gasp; Gunny looked up sharply, then slowly reached with his free hand to rub his own chest on the right side, feeling the hard artificial surface underneath. He stared at Diego for a long moment before simply and mercifully rendering him unconscious with a blow from the knife's pommel to the temple.

Gunny had crept back onto the Pride with no fanfare - only by tracking backward from the hands carrying out his terse orders to make the ship ready did Sekhot find the human in his quarters. After getting no response to the door chime, Sekhot entered to find Gunny sprawled in a chair singing softly to himself, an empty bottle of Andorian ale lying under his seat. "Is he... ?" began the Laithan.

"Whuzzat?" slurred Gunny. "Yeah, your friend's in one piece. Didn't even hurt him as much as I meant to. Hell with it. Got them trans... transh... message specs, be going after the head piece o' drek soon anyway. Been gettin' these galley rats to start makin' ready."

"Gunny - what happened to your shirt?" asked Sekhot.

"Got to let this heal a bit," replied Gunny, standing and turning away from Sekhot. Covering the human's back was a new tattoo - a sledgehammer oriented with the head from shoulder blade to shoulder blade and the haft running down his spine. The word ''Kelinda" writhed across the head in ghostly script.

"Erm... okay," said Sekhot, "shirt or no, are you in a condition to oversee making the ship ready?"

''Sure I am!" hollered Gunny. ''I just need one of them stim sticks from Jackson... Dammit!"

"What's wrong?"

"I guess someone's gotta find Cech sooner or later."
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Hours later Bossk and Friends made their way back to Starbolts Pride, Cech dangling over Bossks shoulder. Everyone else swaying a little too much.

"Now that was "Living la Vida Loca!" Said Bossk

"Ah yes living the crazy life." Replied Lauren.

"No, living "la vida loca" not the crazy life." Said Bossk

"Living the crazy life not the crazy life" Lauren replied perplexed.

"No, I said we're living "la vida loca" not living the crazy life." A confused Bossk replied.

They went on like this for about ten drunken minutes before Jag glanced at the Universal Translator Lauren was using and burst out laughing long enough everyone forgot what they were talking about.

Inside the ship Bossk put Cech in sickbay. And then quickly mumbled something about him not holding his liquer before scurrying off as an injured Blackstar made hir way down the call with Talora. He was giving them some space.

After treating the others Silvertail turned back to Cech.

"Wait these readings...."

Silvertail pressed a hypo to Cechs neck waking him up.

"When was the last time you slept?"

"Just now. Ach I've gotta get back to the warp core."

"Not in your condition I'm reading elevated levels of amphetamines in your system and all indicators that you haven't slept in days."

"Well maybe, whose counting? Now outa my way."

"I don't think so, while it woke you up that hypo is now clearing out those amphetamines and has a bit more of a surprise for you."

"Wha you dirty fuuuccc ng snort uhhh"

At that Cech feel back into unconscousness and Silvertail smiled and moved off.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Err... Is it okay if I see Cech?" Gunny asked Silvertail hesitantly. His shoulders were hunched, and he walked unsteadily after the hologram toward the engineer's bio-bed.

"Sure, but I still have him sedated," Silvertail answered. "I want him to get some real sleep."

"Alright, I won't be long," Gunny answered. Silvertail turned to study some readouts, and Gunny quickly reached behind the bio-bed to enter a brief sequence on the sensor controls. An alarm sounded, and Silvertail hurried off to the main control panel. Left alone, Gunny quickly inspected the contents of a bedside storage compartment and pocketed a couple of hyposprays.

"False alarm," announced Silvertail. "The sensors just went offline. I'd better run a diagnostic."

"Well, I won't keep you," Gunny said, then left the room quickly.

Gunny caught everyone's gaze as he jogged onto the bridge. "Kind of you to join us," Blackstar commented. Gunny's red-rimmed eyes grew wide and he cast a twitchy glare around the bridge before realizing that the captain was only teasing him.

"Oh- umm... Sorry, skipper. I was just, err, making sure that all stations were secure before heading for the race."

Blackstar smiled slightly. "And we're all set?"

Gunny blinked wordlessly at hir for a moment. "What?" he said, slightly confused. "Oh, right - all clear to go."
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

-Starting some time before Mikey's last post-

Blackstar was nursing hir wrist, while looking through hir incoming messages in hir quarters when shi came across one with an attached news article. "Hmm... well that's interesting."

"What is it honey?" asked Talora walking in from the bathroom, having finished her shower, and reminding Blackstar of one of the reason shi preferred the water showers over sonic ones.

"A space race for small ships. I think it's about time I break in the Dream. And with the large amount of latinum at the finish line I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on board with their own ship tried to get entered." Blackstar grinned, "and if they sign on to my team I still get a decent amount of money as team owner if they win."

"Why would these mercenaries sign on to your team? Sure they work on your ship but they'll want the cash for themselves," said Talora.

"Then they'd have access to our materials for their ships for upgrades prior to the race and for repairs afterwards," explained Blackstar, "and since there's a possibility they'll probably have moderate to heavy damage to their own ships they'll need to be repaired and if you don't win you wouldn't have money to repair it yourself."

"So you win as long as someone on your team finishes in the money," said Talora.

Blackstar nodded, "yep." Blackstar looked at the clock. "We still have an hour till we have to be on the bridge," shi said as shi picked up Talora.

"Blacky, I just got out of the shower," Talora said whining a little. While she wouldn't mind what Blackstar had in mind, she still had to keep up appearances.

Blackstar gave her an evil grin as shi had an idea, "Well I still need to take a shower. Would you mind helping me out? There are just some places I can't quite reach..."

---

About an hour later...

Blackstar arrived on the bridge a little late, and was glad that the ship's other second in command wasn't there to give hir a hard time about being late to the ship's launching. Although it wasn't like him to be late...

Gunny caught everyone's gaze as he jogged onto the bridge. "Kind of you to join us," Blackstar commented. Gunny's red-rimmed eyes grew wide and he cast a twitchy glare around the bridge before realizing that the captain was only teasing him.

"Oh- umm... Sorry, skipper. I was just, err, making sure that all stations were secure before heading for the race."

Blackstar smiled slightly. "And we're all set?"

Gunny blinked wordlessly at hir for a moment. "What?" he said, slightly confused. "Oh, right - all clear to go."
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers snorted awake in his cabin as his Message Centre beeped at him, his feet kicking a package off his table and one of his handpaws reaching up to take the... uh... gentleman's PADD off his face where it had been resting. "Mnrrf?" He asked, fumbling for a moment and clicking the "open" button.

Jabbers half cocked an ear to the audio message as it rolled off, one paw massaging his temple as he tried to remember what he'd been up to during his shore leave. It was only ole Justie anyway, and while he was a big ole rumour mill he rarely had anything useful to say.

Jabbers only perked up when he heard the mention of a race, rewinding the message. Starship race? Whut? A little research was all it took - several other Guildmembers in the system knew about it too. Hehe, hrmm, a nice purse was promised, too... all he needed now was a ship, and that meant a call to a certain very important person.

Jabbers prepared himself, adjusting his fur a little as the communicator connected, a well dressed, plump looking Caitan appearing when it finally did. Jabbers steeled himself... and then burst out with "Heeeeya Daddy!" "Jabbers my boy! How're you doing, it's been a while! I just got my fee from your last transaction by the way, good work!""Hehe, mmhmm. But daddy, i need to know, is the Heart still working? I need to borrow it..." "....What for?" "I... ohh... umm... nothing much, justaraceisall... I'll get it back to you right away!" 'Daddy dearest' was not impressed. "Uh... No." Jabbers pulled out the big guns, fluffing up his fur and giving the puppydog eyes. "But... But... daaadeee!" "Don't give me that, boy, i taught you how to do that. Besides, its still in the shop, your sister managed to rear-end a tanker last week and then make friends with the sidewalk." He grumped. "Sorry Jabbers! Now, call me anytime, but im busy right now. Its night at the moment and... Uh. Coming, my dears! It's my s... uh... Buisness acquaintance! Look, Jabs, I gotta go!" And with that, the conversation was over.

Unf. Looks like Jabs would need a new ship. Hrmm... well, Cech HAD said he'd like to see Jabbers give him a practical demonstration of his skills...
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ti'val had recovered by now. Up to her usual tricks, using as much food as possible and lounging around when not in use. She always had a PADD with her, usually some detective novel. Today was no exception, a Romulan novel by In'tai D'salaan about a centurion's detective exploits on Romulus. Written in the native Rihannsu of course. Ti'val refused to read english if she could avoid it, but she was a capable reader.

She walked through the shuttlebay doors. And stopped. The running lights of the S'tei were on...why? normally it was deactivated, only online when Ti'val was there (she had taken it over as her quarters of sorts). Ti'val pulled out a small knife she had conceiled quite effectively in her cleavage (where all deadly weapons should be hidden on a womans person in her view).

Slowly approaching the ship, she heard frustrated growls here and there. As well as the occasional clatter as something went on an aerial excusion across the cockpit. Ti'val poked her head round the door. she couldn't see who it was. It was female by the look of it, with long flowing black hair.

Without further ado, she span round holding the knife at the character.

"Stop what you are doing and stay were you are." Ti'val said sternly, her strong english accent belaying her shaking nervousness.

And to top it all off, the face of Talora span round, portraying both amusement and confusion.

"its me, Ti'Ti," Talora said, trying to supress a giggle. Ti'val bristled. she hated being called Ti'Ti. it stemmed back to her childhood. At least she could control her anger of it now. When a young male had called her Ti'Ti in school, she had put him in hospital with a broken leg. And she had enjoyed it too.

"I can see that. what in Rihannsu are you doing?" Ti'val asked walking over to a control panel, neatly sliding the knife back into its place in her bra. She ran a diagnostic. Almost the entire impulse array had been altered or replaced. Running a small efficiency simulation came up with a 30% increase in efficiency.

"Giving her a tune up," Talora said, yanking a control chip out of the console she was bent under.

"you've already given this thing a twin pulse fire torpedo launcher. can the generator and capacitors handle all this extra power?" Ti'val asked.

"I've replaced the capacitors with a slightly uprated model, and the power generator had enough power for 3 more torpedo launchers. its the reason so few of this model were made, just so expensive with that massive power generator," Talora replied. "oh and by the way, i didnt do the uprating. well i installed it but i didnt upgrade the capacitors. Inadrin did that, or at least his techie did. Quite a marvellous man, for a Klingon. Plus he dont smell of decaying flesh."

Ti'val rolled her eyes. "Why do you need these modificationhs anyway?"

"We have a race to fly in." Talora replied, smiling.

"we? i didnt know there was a WE involved?" Ti'val said, radiating dissaproval. If dissaproval was harmful, they'd both be dead.

"Aye, theres a we. Your payback for me saving your butt. Oh and letting you remain on board. for the moment at least." Talora grinned. Ti'val went purple. and merely stormed out of the ship.

this was not what she had in mind.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Slowly Chec opened one eye after being awoken by a hypospray to the neck. Then squinted under the lights of the medical bay.

"Ugh" he goaned.

"Oh don't complain with the sleep you just got this should be the best you've felt in a long time." Silertail said as shi scanned Cech.

"I've felt pretty good most of the time actually." Cech replied

"Well then this is the best you've felt naturally. " Silvertail said "You're now fine and free to go. I suggest you avoid further abuses unless you want to return."

"Right doc"

At that point Cech actually opened his eyes and noticed noticed Jabbers sitting near him.

"Uh. Hi. Worried about me?"

"Wellyouseethereisaraceandsilvertailsaidyou'dbeupsoonandIneedyourshiptowinmoneyandI'msurewecanwork..."

"Hey whoa. Whooooa. I haven't even had any coffee yet." Cech said holding out a hand

"YOU SHOULDN"T NEED ANY COFFEE" Shouted Silvertail.

"Right. Just, Just start again."

Jabbers proceeded to spin an exciting tale of racing and money and exciting upgrades Cech could do to his Danube.

"Hmmmm well if this Latinum stuff is that important maybe this would be a good idea. With some of the tech I've been mucking about with here we might have a fair shot!"

The more he thought about it the more excited Cech got. Agreeing to give Jabbers half without even thinking about it.

Cech made his way to the engineering section.

"Ok Alice I'd like to try and apply some of the stuff you've got in your guts that I've been working with on my ship. How about..."

"Ah yes" interupted Alice. "You want to be a part of team Blackstar. Standard payout structure applies see contract for details."

A form with a picture of Blackstar in front of the Dream appeared on screen along with a contract.

Cech looked over at Jabbers, who just shrugged, and looked over the contract.

"Rates aren't too bad really. Looks like the Captain is more interested in being able to claim a win than gouging us. Otherwise the maximum allowed replicator allotments before additional charges kick in wouldn't be so high. And charges are based on a percentage of winnings. But do we need this, couldn't you just work that Starfleet magic on your own?"

"I've got a feeling we probably do if we want to win. Starfleet vessels are fast, but Runabouts aren't purpose built for racing. Plus I really should do some fairly extensive mods."

With that they signed on to team Blackstar and got to work.

"Ok Jabbers. See if you can get a contact to get you detailed information on the race. Preferable a full holoprogram with simulated competitors from past years. Then start working it out in the sim."

"What about you? Asked Jabbers?" Oh I have my work more than cut out for me. I think I'll probably have to get some extra help as is, we only have a couple days."

"Are you going to be able to finish on time?" Asked Jabbers.

"Yeah. That's what I do." Cech replied. And with that he set off looking for Bossk while lighting up another stick.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora stood next to Ti'val, looking over the choice of weapons on the holographic table. It was a huge repository, disrupters and phasers both rifle and pistol version from many worlds inside and outside the Federation.
"what are you going to take? you get a pistol, a rifle and a special weapon," Talora said. She suspected Ti'val would stray toward the traditional Romulan weapons. She wasn't to confident in combat anyways, even less so with weapons she was not familiar with.
"What do you think?" Ti'val said, taking the pistol and slinging the rifle round her shoulder. She took a small dagger as her special weapons choice.
Talora picked up a Bajoran rifle, slung it round her shoulder and proceeded to select the pistol. In the end she picked a Andorian particle pistol, a favourite of hers due to its comfortable grip, in her view at least. Ti'val's face shifted to one of slight disgust, a sign of her Romulan arrogance. Clearly she thought the other weapons completely inferior to their Romulan counterpart. Time to show her wrong.
"What environment?" Ti'val enquired.
"hmmm....lets try....A small village in Ma'Heikva province of Romulus," Talora said. Ti'val nodded with approval. Talora keyed in the code into the small wall computer. The image shifted to show a small sleepy village at dawn.
This had all come about with one of the cargo bays being retrofitted with holoemitters. it was Talora and Ti'val's turn in there.
"Right. When I give the command, begin," Talora said. Ti'val stood in the courtyard, her hand straying onto the pistol at her side. Talora positioned herself opposite Ti'val, her hands held in front of her.
"begin!" Talora shouted. Ti'val immediately wrenched the pistol from its holster, and fired off a stray shot at Talora. It missed by quite a mile, streaking into a fountain at the centre of the plaza. Talora dived into a small flower shop and pulled out the Bajoran rifle. She glanced over the windowsill and was greeted with a disrupter blast flying into the wall. Ti'val had her cornered.
But a cornered animal was a dangerous one. Talora slung the rifle, unholstered the Andorian pistol and switched it to a pulse fire setting. less accuracy but better fire rate.
Time for her madness. She dived out of the door of the building, opening fire at the area of where Ti'val was. Ti'val tried to fire back, but there was too much risk of being hit.
Talora stood up and continued to advance, opening fire. Ti'val returned fire. It was a hellstorm of shots.
Quite ceremoniously, Silvertail walked through the doors and was almost had her head blasted off by a Disrupter bolt. Luckily for Talora, this distracted Ti'val allowing Talora to get a good shot in.
Two pulses streaked into Ti'val's chest. Nothing happened.
"game over," The computer said in its monotone voice. Silvertail was dumbfounded.
Talora giggled.