New RPG discussion.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

New RPG discussion.

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Since my character seems to be reaching an end on the Daystrom, and since I'm the one who seems to be pushing the spin-off the most I thought we should start discussing who will be in it and what it'll be about. I'll be transfering my character from the Daystrom, myself and placing a more conventional character on board to replace hir.

For ideas as to the ship and mission, I'm thinking an older and/or smaller vessel that should've been retired long ago, but was kept because of the Dominion war, which it somehow survived. A Miranda-class vessel would fit that bill, but I want to hear other ideas.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Well in the short run you could just pick another Daystorm character to be. Like an Ensign or a crewman or something and just RP them until the RP comes to a closure.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Hey, if you like the idea of a feline, you could take over Ensign Grr'lek in ops.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

Do you think she could keep him in chariture? lol
i dont know if i could do two RPGs at once, but i could try i guess. Minnsky cant show up, Pulaskee (my other chariture i use) cant be used. so i would have to make up some one. that could be fun!
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Might be interesting. Daytrom's too crowded at present. It's hard to run more than the usual ensemble cast's worth and find things for them all to do. That and my two preferred positions were taken (CEO or Fighter compliment CO). :P
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i had to leave the daystrom rpg, because my pc passed away to greener pastures, but now have net access am busy writing up ideas for my (slightly embryonic in terms of development-not figured a coherent way for reunification of romulus and vulcan in 2280 yet),terran empire alt universe rpg,as the idea of rejoining the uss daystrom is a little bitter, in true yorkshire style, regarding the current state of the uss daystrom, things appear to have ''gotten reet silleh''
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"On second thought, it IS a silly place."

I know, I've got to stop. I have a problem...

Yeah, these things tend to be organic, and willfully disobedient at that.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Given that Blackstar's going to be booted out of Starfleet one way or another, how about shi goes mercenary, taking an old, small ship (such as the Miranda shi mentioned earlier) and hiring a motley crew, and working as a civilian contractor to various powers?
This would mean that we wouldn't have to abide by military rules and regulations, allowing the crew to be much looser in terms of protocol and when dealing with other characters. Also, it means stuff like what happened between me and Blackstar in the Daystrom RPG would be less likely to have severe consequences for the characters.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Why take an older Fed design? Thrall is having a new full-size ship being completed for hir as we speak - that much is "canon" to our story. A freighter/cargo type, perfect for smuggling a/o hiding surprises to make an excellent profiteer/mercenary.

I could go for a bit of buccaneering or seat-of-the-pants, "Firefly" type flying...
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Given that Blackstar's going to be booted out of Starfleet one way or another, how about shi goes mercenary, taking an old, small ship (such as the Miranda shi mentioned earlier) and hiring a motley crew, and working as a civilian contractor to various powers?
This would mean that we wouldn't have to abide by military rules and regulations, allowing the crew to be much looser in terms of protocol and when dealing with other characters. Also, it means stuff like what happened between me and Blackstar in the Daystrom RPG would be less likely to have severe consequences for the characters.
Now that's interesting. I didn't want to suggest something like that myself because it gives the impression that I want to be in total control. Being too bossy has gotten me in trouble before, but then again I'm not exactly the best when it comes to following orders either. It would also leave open the possibilities of crossover missions, although we shouldn't do that too often. I do like the idea of a looser crew.

Any thoughts on this?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Why take an older Fed design? Thrall is having a new full-size ship being completed for hir as we speak - that much is "canon" to our story. A freighter/cargo type, perfect for smuggling a/o hiding surprises to make an excellent profiteer/mercenary.

I could go for a bit of buccaneering or seat-of-the-pants, "Firefly" type flying...
True...anyone feel like drawing up some possible designs?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

As far as being to bossy, remember - even if it is your ship, anyone flying with you would be a civvie/pirate/smuggler as well, and under no constraint to follow any sort of military discipline.

If I had a character serving "under" you in that situation, I'd be perfectly fine telling you to choke on your orders if I didn't like 'em.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Being too bossy has gotten me in trouble before, but then again I'm not exactly the best when it comes to following orders either.
Well, seeing as how it's your ship, that would make you captain.

Wait. Blackstar is in charge of our lives?

We're all gonna die!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

What are you afraid of, Rochey?

"Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse."
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Its a good idea. The Daystrome is becoming difficult to follow. I return from school and their is a huge list of posts and I lose track of what is going on...