USS Daystrom-Xenobiology: Tholians

Can Granitehewer aka pete, write up some factoids regarding the tholians,in this universe?

yes
85%
no
15%

Total votes: 13
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol, grammatically, your question implied that the tholian had in a mirror darkly sent the message in english, naughty rochey!! if you didn't like n'ids ,i'd be so rude right now :D
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sorry, I was going on the assumption that those replying would have seen it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol i did.
Fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight!!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Eh?
I'll pass on the fight, thanks. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i think with the resonance, harmonics, lack of vocal-auditory canal and any other fancy words we can throw into the debate, that for a tholian to send a message in english, it would have to be via a translation device
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True, but they apear to be able to speak English in person without any translators.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm interested in hearing more about this pulse-gun...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sure, it was just something I made up on the spur of the moment. I refused to use a phaser, horrible little things. :P

Anyway, I consider a pulsegun to kill through concussive force and an energy discharge (probably more dangerous to a crystaline creature than a simple energy weapon). Basically, remember the way Deepcrush died by having his organs pulped? I imagine something similar to that. Rather messy when used against organic targets.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I believe those weapons are outlawed in the Federation - anything that causes unncessary pain.

Maybe it would be Commander Rochey on the wrong side of the rules for once? :wink:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

hahaha awesome!
Although he might have a form of diplomatic immunity
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Ah, forget that. I've got a pure directed-energy weapon in my cabin right now...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Er...well....

*jumps up and down pointing behind you*
Oh look! A distraction!
*dives out window*

Hmm, good point though. But who says the crew knows what it does, rather than just being some odd looking gun?
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

wouldn't have to be cleared when you entered the vessel, or do you have the diplomatic legistlation and thus immunity from searches?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Possibly.

But would they actually pick up the weapon and test-fire it, rather than just going 'its a weapon'?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Well if you get found out you'll have a nasty smack on the wrist!

Maybe a nice little blackmail here and there. :wink: