USS-Daystrom Alpha mission

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Teaos walked into engineering which was abuzz with activity, almost every available engineering crewman was running around repairing and checking every system in the ship. Medics were removing the last of the dead, above it all Commander Rochey stood on the observation decks looking down upon all the crew barking out orders.

Teaos made his way up to the observation platform, walking up behind Rochey who turned to acknowledge his fellow commander and usual thorn in his side.

"How bad is it?" Teaos said as he looked down at the mass of people below.

"Eight engineering staff dead, five in critical condition and a further three stable. All the hostiles were taken down" He said as he glared at a young engineering crew man who was sitting down for a breather.

"We're making our way back to Starbase. We need to pick up more crew after all this and drop off our prisoners. The captain also needs to be debriefed and be assigned a new mission. We should get there is a few days" Teaos said with a smirk as he watch the engineering crew man powerwalk over to a consol and start working after Rochey snapped at him.

"I'll want to screen the new crew we pick up. These ones were far to unprepared" The Tholian said turning full to face Teaos.

"Believe it or not this is not a common occurrence for a Federation starship" Teaos said as one of the consoles that had been damaged in the fire fight explode in a shower of sparks.
[/img]
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The trip back to the starbase was mainly uneventful. The prisoners were all under lock and key but their conspirator onboard the ship still hadn't been routed out.

Boush's suspicion of M'Real was growing into a nagging doubt of her true loyalities so he decided to question her. The ship was able to locate her in the mess hall and he ventured to see her, "I'm ready to conduct an interview."

"Good, I have a lot of questions about what happened onboard that planet with crewman Forester." M'Real responded smiling having finally gotten someone to sit down and have a interview with about her mission before it was over.

"Actually as chief of security I have a few questions to ask about your relation to the captain of the rebel cell we captured." Munro replied sitting down across from her.

M'Real's face distorted into anger for a moment before she could calm herself down. "Am I guilty just because I'm of the same race, Breen?"

"Is it true you're family?" Boush replied not missing a moment.

M'Real looked down for a moment then nodded, "I thought he was dead for the longest time. I had no idea he was doing this now." She turned her head back up to look at his visor, her eyes squinting as she tried to read any sense of compasion, "I proved my loyality when I led him to the security detail didn't I? You going to arrest me because of my species?"

Munro sat silent for a few seconds before responding, "No."

"I would have thought that you would understand where I'm coming from. How long were you an ensign for?" M'Real asked pressing her advantage.

"Perhaps this new insight of yours will allow you to look at Rochey and my species' different too. Caitain." Munro replied, a little anger registering in his voice. He had become well aware she didn't like Breen or Tholians. Munro stood up and turned to leave pausing before doing so, turning his head back slightly, "How about you stop whatever vendetta you have against us and perform a real service. Find out who was responsible for letting those prisoners kill nearly twenty people. The death of a mutinous thing or a crewman that had to be sacirfice should be secondary. Your vendetta for Blackstar's death should be secondary." Munro turned to face M'Real fully, "I know you and that thing were in the academy together. We have access to star fleet records too. You may not like me but people died on my watch and I take that personally." He paused a moment then muttered, "Sorry about the profiling." He then turned to leave.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"I certainly hope not." Rochey retorted, watching as a slightly singed Ensign jumped out from under the console. "I meant to ask, was it you who initiated the ship's lockdown sequence?"

"Yeah, that was me." Teaos replied. He'd been expecting this. Looking back, he figured he'd over-reacted a bit, and wasn't surprised that the Tholian would seize the oppertunity to score some points over it.

"Good work. That was some quick thinking."

"Excuse me?" Teaos asked, not sure whether he'd heard his fellow commander right.

"If you hadn't stopped them getting into critical areas of the ship, who knows how much worse the damage would have been." Rochey replied, shrugging. "For example, if one of them had managed to reach the shuttlebay and power up a fighter's weapons it could have wreaked chaos. It was just unfortunate that you weren't quick enough to seal off Engineering. Still," He added, gesturing at one of the escapee's body as it was removed by the cleanup crew. "no harm was done to the ship. Of course, it was another matter entirely for the shift that was present. I'll make sure to mention your help in keeping the situation contained in my report. Perhaps my initial assesment of your character was incorrect."

"Oh...uh, thanks." Teaos replied, not sure whether it was a compliment or not, but deciding to take it as one.

"No thanks is necessary. Now, if you'll excuse me, Commander, I have a traitor to hunt down."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Hewer was sat in the Captain's chair, just wondering what a captain actually does for hours on end when the ship is travelling at warp.

"I wonder if this thing has got tetris..." mused Jon, as he was playing about with the small consoles on the arm rests.

It had been nearly two hours since the lockdown was turned off, and the Captain and Mikey had gone into the ready room (and indeed, were still there now). The two Commanders were still busy around the ship, mainly organising engineering and the prisoners. The bridge crew had changed shifts thirty minutes ago, and the young Ensign; Darel, sat at the helm.

"Ensign, how far to the Starbase?"

Darel pressed a few buttons, "Nine point three lightyears, sir. Five days, four hours at current speed."

Jon was about to reply, before being interrupted by the operations officer on duty. "Sir, we're receiving a hail from the Starbase. It's the commander there."

"Err..." hesitated Jon, "On screen, then."

A woman in a red command uniform appeared on the viewscreen and smiled. "Where is Captain Fletcher?"

"He's in his ready room with our Chief of Operations. We've been experiencing some..." Jon paused, "Difficulties."

"Difficulties?" replied the woman.

"I'm sure the Captain is compiling the reports as we speak, ma'am."

She nodded, "Please inform him that Starfleet Command has got new orders for the Daystrom. We'll be briefing your senior staff when you arrive. When will that be, by the way?"

"Just over five days. I think we will be offloading some excess cargo, too."

The woman gave a slightly confused look. "Excess cargo? Understood. Starbase Forty One out."

The screen turned into the default Starfleet logo, and Jon breathed a sigh of relief. That wasn't anything too strenuous, he thought.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey let Hewer keep the con. He felt bad that the lieutenant had missed all the recent fun - ''fun" to an Andorian, at any rate - and had enough to do, anyway. Grr'lek excused himself when Mikey returned to the ops station, seeming to wither slightly under the sidelong glances of the rest of the bridge staff. Evolved sensibilities sometimes fell apart under duress; right now, the loyal ensign was just another Caitian - like the rebels - to the rest of the crew.

Meanwhile, the ensign's work was flawless. After a quick review, Mikey brought the collated situation reports and response details in to the captain.

"Thank you, Mr. W'trisk," said Fletcher, "and excellent work today."

"Thank you, sir," said Mikey, still at attention. "May I address one issue with you?" After a curt nod from the captain, Mikey continued, "After reviewing all the available information, I see no indication of inside aid to the prisoners. The sooner we end any witch-hunts in that direction, the sooner our dedicated Caitian crew can go about their business normally."

"Duly noted," answered Fletcher with a wry grin. "I'll see to it. You must be a good man to serve under, Wtrisk. Anything else?"

"Lt. Hewer has the con," said Mikey, grinning in turn, "and we are scheduled and on course for Starbase 41."

"I suppose they're expecting my report," sighed Fletcher, "but I think we could all use a break. Have department heads draw up leave schedules, and then go get yourself some rest, W'trisk."

"Aye, sir," Mikey said, finally relaxing. "You won't have to tell me twice."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The senior staff of the Daystrom along with other select crewmen were gathered in the captains ready room.

"Less than three months ago we all we all came together, stranger from many different species to fulfil a mission, a mission to rescue Federation citizens at need. In the true nature of the Federation we set out to help them. Many helping the few, not because it was easy and not because we had to, we did it because it was the right thing to do. On this mission we lost members of our crew, our family, but not for a moment do I regret setting out on this mission nor would our fallen if they could be here with us" Fletcher said looking at his crew

"Not three months ago came together strangers to fulfil a mission and not all of us have made it back home. But we did what we had to do and in the process we made this more than out ship, we made it our home. To the Daystrom and her crew" The captain said raising his glass; a move echoed by everyone there, Human, Andorian, Tholian, Breen, Trill, Caitan.

"The Daystrom" Everyone echoed.

~*~

On the Bridge of the Daystrom the crew watched as Starbase T-12 appeared on screen not three months since they had departed from it. They had diverted here over Starbase 41 due to the superior repair facilities and then need to speak with the Admiral in charge.

The huge station dwarfed almost any other man made structure in space and made any capital ship look like a mere toy in its presence.

The Daystrom did a lazy barrel roll as to flew through the massive hanger doors. Once it was safely inside the doors shut behind it and the Daystrom drifted up to the docking clamps home once again.

USS Daystrom Alpha mission closed
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.