No votes

Total votes: 9
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

What next?

Post by Teaos »

Ok ladies I thought it would be a nice change to make a formal poll in which direction we will take this mission.

The outcome of this poll wll decide of tone of the mission for the next month or so, basically until we've delt with the lattest development.

Option 1) Shock and awe. The fleet assembles behind the Paladin and we basically kick the living crap out of the enemy station and ships leaving nothing bigger than a match box. This option will give everyone a brief opertunity to RP as we did in Beta mission. A big, allbeit short, battle.

Option 2) Spec ops. We send the Valkyrie, Daystrom and a few other ships (possibly Paladin) in to capture the enemy station and any information we can on them. Chances are they will need to destroy any guarding ships. This mission will be like the above mission but more drawn out and with I and maybe someone else RPing as the enemy to add flavour.

Option 3) Spy. We do not attack, we send a few small ships to covertly watch the station and gather information, possibly gathering large amounts of information of the dealing of the group in this region of space.

Option 4) Diplomacy. Approach the facility and ask for diplomatic exchange.

Poll runs for 3 days, you can change your vote.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
shran
Commander
Commander

Re: What next?

Post by shran »

personally I found the battle in the beta mission a good and intensive read, but I wonder how we would handle less violent situations, as in trying to resolve the situation via, fr example, diplomacy, or perhaps under cover infiltration?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

From what i have read, the infiltration mission in the beta mission didnt do too badly before blackstar, and by proxy, me (i admit it) mucked that up.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd go for quiet infilitration to find out any info, followed later by a mass assault to destroy the station.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I imagine that could make for a decent plot, as the dissident group will probably pull in as many ships as possible if they know that the AQ fleet is in the area.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Added a 4th option.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Teaos wrote:Added a 4th option.
Pointless exercise that one :D
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Something between 3 and 4. Replace the command staff with our crew impersonating them, while we force them to negotiate.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Remember this isnt their main base. Its just a mining/production facility with ship support.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I voted for (3) but I'd go with a combo of (3) then (2). Envoy missions aren't an option at this point -
Teaos wrote:Remember this isnt their main base. Its just a mining/production facility with ship support.
In addition, I'd thing some surveillance/espionage would naturally lead into some more aggressive covert/black-ops type of stuff, and the combination would allow for the most RP opportunity.

Of course, I personally will be on vacation from Sunday 11/2 - Sunday 11/9, so I won't be around.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:I'd go for quiet infilitration to find out any info, followed later by a mass assault to destroy the station.
I agree. Any combination of 1,2, or 3. I don't think 4 would work, though we could try it first and have it lead to Situation 2 3 or 4. It's not starfleets style to go for the Shock and Awe right off the bat. I think they'd recon, either via a special ops mission or just plain spying and then go to battle. You know, "Know your enemy" and all that jazz.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Valkyrie Security Officer votes option two for obvious reasons
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have to admit, it would be nice to let the Daystrom stretch her legs a bit, but I think realism dictates 2 - followed closely by 3.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm with option 2. We need intel badly. We KNOW where these guys are, and it would be a realistic chain of events to seek further information about the "rebel" forces. It really wouldn't be to hard to interrogate some Vorta or other. Plus it would provide a nice battle sceen and some action for all of us. Action is really easy to write, therefore able to get the creative juices flowing.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Valkyrie Security Officer votes option two for obvious reasons
I think its safe to say all of the Valkyrie votes #2.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-