Gamma mission sign in

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Teaos »

Everyone has strenghs and weaknesses, look at our character for example.

Mikeys guy is the typical career officer, a good officer with all round knowledge but not amazing at any one thing.

Rochey is a Typical Tholian who just happens to be pretty well connected.

My guys a good scientist but a crap commander, he's to laid back and panics when the shit hits the fan.

When writing your post think "If I saw this in a trek episode would I think its retarded or coming out of no where?"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I can say, although it hasn't been displayed much, Ge'haan is a capable officer and a relatively good man at his job, but he is far too nosy and, on certain subjects, is very quick to anger.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Teaos wrote:Everyone has strenghs and weaknesses, look at our character for example.

Mikeys guy is the typical career officer, a good officer with all round knowledge but not amazing at any one thing.

Rochey is a Typical Tholian who just happens to be pretty well connected.

My guys a good scientist but a crap commander, he's to laid back and panics when the s**t hits the fan.

When writing your post think "If I saw this in a trek episode would I think its retarded or coming out of no where?"
Good point. A character without any faults is just damned annoying. I've been reading the Alpha thread, and a certain character in that story was just PERFECT.

My characters have very obvious weaknesses

Mark for example. He's a master at hand to hand combat, but a telepath can put him down quick, and hopefully I'm portraying him as good at his job, but still somewhat inexperienced beyond his job scope.

Doctor Holmes is a brilliant doctor, but completely annoying and a pain in the a$$. Not to mention he's useless in a fight and he's a cripple with a cane.

McDuff is a VERY, VERY, VERY experienced engineer, but he'll never build a better mouse trap, and he's an old man.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote: Not to mention he's useless in a fight and he's a cripple with a cane...
You saying cripples with canes can't fight? Or just that yours can't? :P

I'm still waiting for some dumbass mugger to say to himself, " That crippled guy probably won't fight back..."

If I were feeling nice, I'd be sure to send him flowers in ICU. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, until we see Dr. House suddenly stop getting punched in the face, or kicked in the balls, then Holmes will likely follow the same pattern :) Anyone make the connection yet?

Holmes (like homes)
House????

God am I corney :mrgreen:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:Anyone make the connection yet?
No, I totally missed the blatant plagarism. :P :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Come to think of it this board does have a anti plagarism policy.... :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Head for the hills, Mark!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:dogrun:

Best I could do :mrgreen:

At least he didn't become Dr. Condo 8)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Laugh? Thought I'd never start!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Name: Jordan Sinclair
Assignment: First Officer, USS Ravage (Recently promoted from Chief Engineer)
Race: Human
Height: 5'11
Weight: 180 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Birthplace: USS Ambassador (Declared hometown San Fransisco, Earth.)

Background:
Jordan Sinclair comes from the prestigous Sinclair family, one of the longest serving and most widely spread of Starfleet families, and was literally born in space. The first Sinclair to serve in Starfleet launched with Captain Jonathan Archer aboard the NX-01 USS Enterprise, and nearly all of his desendants have served in Starfleet since. At present there are currently four generations of Sinclairs in service today. His grandfather, Admiral Robert Sinclair Jr., is the Chief of Starfleet Operations. His father, Rear Admiral Robert Sinclair III, recently took command of Starbase 313, and his oldest brother Captain Harold Sinclair, was just assigned command of his own Starship, as well as his other brother and two sisters, plus assorted cousins and nieces and nephews. All in all, his active duty family could nearly crew their own small starship.

Jordan graduated the acadamy with high honors, where he was targeted for command early on. His first assignment was to the USS Beleraphon as Conn Officer. After serving for two years, he was promoted and assigned as Tactical Officer and Security Chief, upon the death of his predessessor on an away mission gone bad. He served aboard Beleraphon two more years where he was promoted to full Lieutenant, before being transferred to the USS Venture in the same position. After a year of service in that position, he accepted another promotion to Lieutenant Commander and Chief Operations Officer. He served aboard the Venture with distinction for three more years, earning several commendations from her Captain. Two years ago, he was offered yet another promotion, to the smaller Nebula class USS Ravage, as her Chief Engineer and second officer. Recently, with the transfer of the Ravages XO to the space station, he was offered the post of First Officer, which he accepted with some trepidation.

Personality:
Jordan is a friendly, ernest, and charasmatic officer, who has always been quite popular with officers and crew serving in his department. Unlike the rest of his family, which are known for a degree of arrogance, Jordan is quite humble. He is a highly qualified, experienced, and compatant officer, who has served in nearly every department head position on a starship, and yet is openly accepting about his lack of command experience, and quite receptive of input from his Captain, as well as the other senior officers. This is not to say that he is indesicive or unqualified, but more to say that he is completely aware of his lack of experience and feels no need to pertend otherwise to feed his ego.

Appearence:
Jordan is an attractive white male, with an open demeanor and a charming and easy smile. He is the kind of person most men want to be like, and most women want to be with. He can turn from charming to intimidating with just his eyes, however. He is clean shaven and keeps is hair short and combed straight back. He has a small scar on his forehead above his left eyebrow and another on his chin.
Last edited by Mark on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok, gang. Rate and review. MM&I, Tsu, and Teaos............anything that I need to change????
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

umm...
I only count three generations in service:
Grandfather
Father (Uncles Aunts)
Him (Brothers, Sisters, Cousins)
#4?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lt. Staplic wrote:umm...
I only count three generations in service:
Grandfather
Father (Uncles Aunts)
Him (Brothers, Sisters, Cousins)
#4?
plus assorted cousins and nieces and nephews
The elder kids of his siblings makes generation 4 :mrgreen:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

ahh...
must have skipped over the nieces/nephews
nvm. we're good.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.