USS Daystrom Beta Prep

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

USS Daystrom Beta Prep

Post by Teaos »

Ok this will take over from the old prep thread. Anything about ship business or anything you'd like changed about your character or the ship post here.

New mission is here.

Official ship and character information is here

New members are welcome to post here to.

If anyone would like to post an updated bio I will add it to the official mission stats thread.

We should spend about the next week or so in Starbase prepping for mission before departing.

Ok I'm about to post the beginning of Beta mission. It will be more fast passed and a lot more action. It also has work for every member of the crew and then some. Sorry for the long first post but I had to establish the story. We'll launch the fleet in a week or two once we have everything sorted. After this is done we'll move to a more traditional mission deep into Tholian space to deal with the fall out of this mission.

Here are a few points I think need to be established about the new mission. These are just my ideas and can be totally changed if need be.

* The enemy fleet it made up of a few capital ships such as Vor'chas and Galor and D7's. Several mid sized ships such as Saber and Soyus. And a lot of small craft ranging from fighter size to defiant size. There fleet is made up of ships from pretty much every major power through defection, piracy, and corruption along with a bunch of random craft owned my individuals. They will also have Orbital defence platforms to give them more of an edge. Not as good as the Cardassian ones but enough to pose a threat. They also have Subspace weapons which are illegal and will give my guy something to do while also making it more realistic that they are able to put up a good fight. They will also have aid from rouge Tholian groups giving them access to Tholian ships and technology.

* Our fleet will be made up of the ships of the Maddox defence line. One Galaxy class ship which will be our flagship, 3 Akiras including us and a few other mid to small sized ships. We'll sort out the make up latter but it cant be to powerful so not Sovereigns and Prometheus. Maybe a few Defiants. The fleet will be split in three. The main unit which will break through the line to land our ground troops on the planet. This will give Monroe something to do and also lets him train a Federation Army :D The second group will be lead by the Daystrom and will engage the enemy fleet giving Thorin, Mikey, Reliant and myself a chance to let Daystrom really strut her stuff. The last group will engage the automated defence.

* I was thinking it would be humorously ironic to put Rochey on the GCS for this mission. Since he is the local expert it would make sense to put him with the Admiral in charge who would be on the flagships. Also be fun for him to spend the next two weeks trying to get the GCS up to him standards not sure thats possible.

* I was thinking since this is set in 2380 we could possibly install some new weapon on the Daystrom. Something like the Phase Lance we saw on AGT-Ent but small and not so powerful. Since this is a high risk mission maybe Starfleet command gave us the right to try some new weapon they are working on. A super powered canon like Defiants have. Attach this to several ships in the fleet. Of coarse it would give Thorin something to install in the next few weeks anf try to get working. Obviously we cant give them tech from Voyager since that would be unstoppable.

So what do you think? Any ideas or things we chould change.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Do you think it's time for a cameo from Riker on the Titan? :wink:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I've never read the books so I only know bits about the Titan. But if people with more knowledge about it thinks it would fit in...

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I've not read the books either, I just think it'd be nice to see a cameo from someone. Maybe Janeway messing something up? :lol:

Regarding the upgrades, I think with the phasers we could upgrade to type XII. All the torpedos could become quantums, and we could have arbitrary shield and targeting system upgrades. Some upgrades to the fighters too would be nice, too, perhaps micro quantum torpedos.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well basically this fleet needs to deal with being out gunned 3 to 1 and only has about 6 capital ships so we need to slap on a lot of fire power temporary or otherwise, I think it could be cool to feild try some advanced system like the phaser lance.

My guy is going to spend the next week in a science think tank trying to counter the subspace weaponary. We'll end up coming up with a kind of flak defence. Not very adavanced and not really reliable. cant take away the enemys advantage.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't know about new eapons - we do have QT's, right? However, looking very roughly at the size of what's assumed to be the shuttlebay space, it should be VERY feasible to add two more fighter wings - and in the bargain, M'real can get her new job without having to displace Zionex as a wing commander.

*EDIT* Yeah, stepping up to type XII's ain't a bad idea at all.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah we're the upgraded version so we have QT's. The ship stats are linked at the top of this thread.

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

We'll really have to keep an organized character list. I can see Munro butting heads with the 'General' of the Federation Army. So that general would be a new character and he'd need several aids. Rochey would need to create a bridge crew for the Galaxy, though it might get boring for him if he's RPing by himself the whole time :p

Long as we keep the character list updated we should be okay.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I personally feel a little "Mary-Sue-ish" adding a super-instant-death-beam, but I'll go with the consensus (*insert extra plug for Thirn's "upgrade to type XII phasers" idea*.) Maybe a little bit of shield and/or armor mod/upgrade?
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Personally I don't like this phaser lance idea, either.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I was thinking a prototype weapon that almost never worked. It would be nearly as powerful as AGT-Ent either.

But it may be a bit much since we already hae two fighter wings and QT's.

Maybe just have Mikey and Thorin try and squeeze every bit of fire power and shields as possible out of the Daystrom. Shut down all extra facilities for the duration of the mission and load up every closet with extra torpedoes.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Just putting this out there, and Blackstar touched on this - this situation could be used as an actually useful reason to complete the scout/tactical craft that Mikey and Blackstar had begun. Since it was originally Blackstar's baby, I would let hir post hir ideas for the specs, although the current situation would call for input from Thorin as well as myself (as co-designer.) Of course, I at least would acccept ideas and criticism from all. I would imagine that space would call for something up to 1.5 to 1.75 times the size of a runabout, and we certainly would want something with abilities that are able to be rationalized and within bounds of reason, not some crazy uber-ship. Thoughts?

P.S. Teaos - updated bio stats: Gunny is no longer aboard; if you wish you may add the names of Carson, Taylor, and Friedman to the generic ops staff and Van Pelt as the gamma-shift bridge ops officer.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

on the cameo subject, I dont think Janeway should be portrayed negatively....but thats because I have a weird fondness for her.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

* I was thinking it would be humorously ironic to put Rochey on the GCS for this mission. Since he is the local expert it would make sense to put him with the Admiral in charge who would be on the flagships. Also be fun for him to spend the next two weeks trying to get the GCS up to him standards not sure thats possible.
Curse you! :lol:

Oh, man, I pity the crew of that ship. They have no idea what they're in for with me as XO.

Is it one of the upgraded war-era Galaxy Class ships, or Picard's "sneeze and it blows up" ships?

Will we be working with the Tholian Assembly on this mission? From what I gathered, we're still pretty close to the border, and the pirates have been attacking them, too.

I'm not fond of the phaser-lance idea. If Starfleet thought this battle important enough to shove experimental tech onto the ships, it would make more sense for the flagship to get it first.
Rochey would need to create a bridge crew for the Galaxy, though it might get boring for him if he's RPing by himself the whole time :p
Oh, I'm sure I can keep myself amused with a whole new ship and crew to terrorise. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

This will be interesting indeed. Perhaps it can open up some advanced space for...er...'Unprecedented' helm manouvres :D
I'll enjoy coordinating with other helsmen as well....A perfect chance to see how the Daystrome can Really fly. Shame Blackstar misses her opportunity to strut the starfleet stuff. Ah well...she'll live :D
I would imagine the fleet would consist of the odd Nebula, a few Excelsiors, a million Miranda's cause they seem to be bloody everywhere, A Soyuz once in a while, A few Sabers, Steamrunners and probably a Olympic class on station keeping to deal with major casualties. (I just want an Olympic in the thing! Cause i love them!)