Star Trek: Lower Decks | Season 2 Teaser | Paramount+ (Spoilers)

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Star Trek: Lower Decks | Season 2 Teaser | Paramount+ (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks | Season 2 Teaser | Paramount+ (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I didn't know where to ask, but what have people thought of Lower Decks? I watched the first two episodes, and it just didn't feel like Trek, probably as I am not really into spoofs, but would you recommend watching the entire season before making a final judgement? Is it worth doing so? I love star Trek, it has literally saved my life, so I would like to have seen everything possible, I just don't want to waste my time if it's not worth it.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:29 pm I didn't know where to ask, but what have people thought of Lower Decks? I watched the first two episodes, and it just didn't feel like Trek, probably as I am not really into spoofs, but would you recommend watching the entire season before making a final judgement? Is it worth doing so? I love star Trek, it has literally saved my life, so I would like to have seen everything possible, I just don't want to waste my time if it's not worth it.
The finals 3 episodes really turned me on to the show. I was ambivalent, at best, about the previous episodes until I got some real character development in those last 3 episodes.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

So, anyone gave the Lower Decks a shot?
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have seen the first couple of episodes, first attempt was by myself, second attempt with my partner. Not really getting into it, it doesn't feel like Trek to me.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Honestly I loved it. I saw all of season 1 and the first episode of season 2 -- need to finish.

For me it is definitely a love letter to TNG Era Trek. Is it a tonal adjustment? Absolutely. Is the heart and soul there? Absolutely.

IMO
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Sonic Glitch wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:36 am Honestly I loved it. I saw all of season 1 and the first episode of season 2 -- need to finish.

For me it is definitely a love letter to TNG Era Trek. Is it a tonal adjustment? Absolutely. Is the heart and soul there? Absolutely.

IMO
It's my favorite of the New Trek. I think it's the simple stories that I love. Just a simple ship, with a simple crew struggling to overcome normal dangers in the Star Trek universe. I really love how Mariner is realizing her own flaws and works on it, and Boimler's constant trekking for career advancement but slowly learning to chill out.
Stan - South Park