New ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Details And Images, Plus Hints At ‘Next Gen’ Cameos

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

New ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Details And Images, Plus Hints At ‘Next Gen’ Cameos

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: New ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Details And Images, Plus Hints At ‘Next Gen’ Cameos

Post by Nutso »

Star Trek: Lower Decks will premiere on Thursday, August 6.
Following the premiere, new episodes of the series’ 10-episode first season will be available to stream weekly on Thursdays, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S.

Developed by Emmy Award winner Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites), Star Trek: Lower Decks focuses on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships, the U.S.S. Cerritos, in 2380. Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Rutherford and Tendi have to keep up with their duties and their social lives, often while the ship is being rocked by a multitude of sci-fi anomalies. The Starfleet crew residing in the “lower decks” of the U.S.S. Cerritos, includes Ensign Beckett Mariner, voiced by Tawny Newsome, Ensign Brad Boimler, voiced by Jack Quaid, Ensign Tendi, voiced by Noël Wells and Ensign Rutherford, voiced by Eugene Cordero. The Starfleet characters that comprise the ship’s bridge crew include Captain Carol Freeman, voiced by Dawnn Lewis, Commander Jack Ransom, voiced by Jerry O’Connell, Lieutenant Shaxs, voiced by Fred Tatasciore and Doctor T’Ana, voiced by Gillian Vigman.
I have seen no International premiere dates yet.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: New ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Details And Images, Plus Hints At ‘Next Gen’ Cameos

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So... We got some sort of Bob's Burgers or Rick and Morty but in Trek form now.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Oh dear, that looks awful. It’s basically an insult to Starfleet. The senior officers are basically right out of Futurama. The lower decks people are basically rejects from the academy.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

So, this will be the first Star Trek show that I don't even bother to watch. Watching the trailer, it has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Huh, looks like what people expected The Orville to be. I'll probably watch it, but from an "Animated Comedy Sci-Fi with Star Trek references" point of view rather than as a legitimate trek instalment.
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am just trying to figure out what they were going for with this. Obviously milking out the Trek name for all its dwindling worth of course.

I think if they are truly serious about making a pre-TOS Pike series that they should focus on that. Figure out what fans didn't like about Picard and Discovery. Find out what made the other older Treks successful and go from that.

At this point, recreate TNG season 3 and on, for that series. I mean from what I saw in Discovery it does have alot going for it. Enterprise IMO looks better than the Abramsprise, the sets look good though too much red. I like Pike. I like Number One. Not entirely sold on Spock though but you could easily tweak his character to evolve into Kirk's Spock over time.

Rebecca Romijn is still hot as hell.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:55 pm I am just trying to figure out what they were going for with this. Obviously milking out the Trek name for all its dwindling worth of course.

I think if they are truly serious about making a pre-TOS Pike series that they should focus on that. Figure out what fans didn't like about Picard and Discovery. Find out what made the other older Treks successful and go from that.

At this point, recreate TNG season 3 and on, for that series. I mean from what I saw in Discovery it does have alot going for it. Enterprise IMO looks better than the Abramsprise, the sets look good though too much red. I like Pike. I like Number One. Not entirely sold on Spock though but you could easily tweak his character to evolve into Kirk's Spock over time.

Rebecca Romijn is still hot as hell.
If you have Hulu, check out "Solar Opposites," a cartoon created by Justin Roiland and Mike McMahan. McMahan is the creator of this new Trek cartoon, and if "Solar Opposites" is any indication, this might be a deeper show than the base humor in the clip above might indicate.
Stan - South Park