Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Expanse - Teaser: TCA Season 4 Sizzle | Prime Video

Post by McAvoy »

About time... Have been waiting too long for this.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Speaking of time, I didn't know there was a thirteenth month on the calendar.... ;)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

‘The Expanse’ Renewed for Season 5 at Amazon
Amazon has picked up “The Expanse” for a fifth season.

The announcement was made during the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Saturday. Season 4 of the series is set to debut on Dec. 13.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I really must sit down and give this another go. Everyone raves about it as the best sci-fi ever, but I've tried twice now and just can't get into it. Second time I watched the whole of season one and at the end of it realised I had no idea who most of the characters were or what was happening... a whole season and none of it had stayed in my head at all.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I really must sit down and give this another go. Everyone raves about it as the best sci-fi ever, but I've tried twice now and just can't get into it. Second time I watched the whole of season one and at the end of it realised I had no idea who most of the characters were or what was happening... a whole season and none of it had stayed in my head at all.
For me, the character I most followed was Miller, player by Thomas Jane. He was the least idealistic, most practical character. Miller is like a "Deckard" from "Blade Runner," in terms of personality. He's just going through life, nothing to believe in, just a down in the dumps kind of guy. Thomas Jane is a great actor, so he was easy to believe and therefore the character I was most interested in following along. He has a character arc that extends into season 2 as well.

The show is a slow burn, that ramps up to a mid-season climax, then begins another slow burn to a climax at the season's end.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I really must sit down and give this another go. Everyone raves about it as the best sci-fi ever, but I've tried twice now and just can't get into it. Second time I watched the whole of season one and at the end of it realised I had no idea who most of the characters were or what was happening... a whole season and none of it had stayed in my head at all.
This is sort of like Game of Thrones and other series like it. It takes awhile to build up but by the middle of the season you start to see what they build up to.

I watched the first season in one sitting over a Sunday when it was snowy and nasty out. Believe me the early episodes was a bit of a chore but I stuck with it because I liked the premise. By the time fifth or so episode I was hooked.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

December 13th.
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I absolutely love this series.

My only gripe? Guys, the Roci was stuck in orbit for like, 90% of the time. The Hoss, The Under-Qualified Corvette Pilot That Could, The Unfeeling and the Yo-Yo-Decision Maker Seeking Redemption where stuck in place! Hoss and the Unfeeling being on Ilus, (Sorry EARTHERS, but as a name, 'New Terra' Sucks), and TUQCPTC and the YYDMSR being stuck on the roci...

The Effects are as usual, on point - I do try to watch the scenes where they're in 0-G with an eye to spotting earths' gravity affecting stuff, like how I'm sure there's season 1 scenes of stuff they didn't catch like sparks arcing back to the floor when they should spray out in a straight line... but I couldn't spot anything (when I wasn't sucked into the story, that is)

Whats your guys nicknames for the cast?

Chrisjen Avasarala: Too Many A's, not enough morals.
Errinwright: Made the Wrong Errors
Franklin Degraaf (the earths' ambassador in season 1): Screwed Over
Elise Holden: The One Among Many Mothers
Nancy Gao (season 4, Avasarala's oponent): AnyRelationto Mao? (Because I'd forgotten it was Gao for s1-3's protomolecule-experimenting idiot CEO)
Bobbi Draper: JustifiedTeamKilling
Anderson Dawes: BeltaMoriarty
Murtry: ObviouslyEvil