And Now We've Got the Reboot Trifecta!

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

And Now We've Got the Reboot Trifecta!

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Let's add Stargate to the list! Theatrically, Stargate is getting new stories.

Link here.

My opinion is that it'll be amazing or amazingly bad, depending on how if they treat the TV material. And while they're rebooting is it too much to ask for a proper resolution to Atlantis?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: And Now We've Got the Reboot Trifecta!

Post by McAvoy »

The TV series universe I think is dead. Or as dead as Trek's Primeverse at least. They have been wanting to redo or continue the movie itself for a long time even when the TV shows were going on strong.

I think it may be a complete reboot.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Be interesting to see what they do with it. I really liked the original Stargate movie, I know it's not a perfect film but it's just a fun old fashioned adventure romp. And of course the Stargate itself is a really wonderful storytelling idea.

One of the fun books I have is a sequel to the Stargate movie, written before the TV show was made. It's a very different take on the universe - there's no other Go'auld, Ra was a one-off. And there's no Stargate network, the gate is a single link from Earth to the planet. Basic plot is Earth corporations moving in to try and mine the mineral Ra was after, and resulting friction with the natives. Then Ra's various servants and lackeys turn up to try and recapture the planet. It's an interesting take, but it really lacks the scope that the TV shows went for.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I imagin we go Colombus on their arses and give them all our awesome diseases.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The tv show went a partially different direction than the movie. Emmerich and Devlin actually went to lengths to distance themselves from the tv show, so I wouldn't expect ANY of the tv shows universe to survive.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...