Atlantis-season one

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Atlantis-season one

Post by Mark »

Continuing my explorations of Stargate, we've moved onto Atlantis. Season one did alot of setting up and prep work for things to come. I'm was into it before the "pilot" was done. I totally love Puddlejumpers (and the name too). Not sure why once the gate was reestablished they never sent any back to Earth......but whatever.

The Wraith.........wow. They make the Gouauld look like kids. They Goua'uld want you to serve them...............the Wraith want you to "feed" them. And they are SOO fricking creepy looking, its great.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Atlantis-season one

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, in the early days the show looked destined for great things.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

My collection is nearing completion. I've got SG-1 season 9 on order. Then all I need is season 10, then Atlantis seasons 3,4,&5.

I'm curious about something. Why didn't the party take any advanced weaponry with them? Hell, the Zat guns SHOULD work great against the Wraith.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Atlantis didn't seem too interested in using SG:1 weapons and vice versa. I thought the show picked up after season 2.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Most of the way through season two now. I kind of liked the sense of foreboding there was, when they first got to Atlantis. The only thing keeping them alive was the fact that the Wraith didn't know they were there. And I think the found that Zed PM WAY to fast.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I prefer Atlantis over SG-1 Just as a note. I think the sense of foreboding you described was brilliant. In fact, I think the galactic fear of the Wraith was very effective in general. however, i agree, they did find the ZPM way to early. It would have been great to have seen some great jury-rigged power source that acted temperamentally in conflicts. Great tension, could get a couple of episodes at least out of that.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Agreed. Even a nearly depleted one could have been a main focus.....providing enough power to temporarily power the shield at least.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Or one where you had to choose between shields and environmental power, or shields and drone weapons or something such. That would have been great.