Daniel Jackson Teased for a NEW Stargate Series (News)

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Daniel Jackson Teased for a NEW Stargate Series (News)

Post by Nutso »

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2021/03/ ... l-jackson/
If long-time Stargate creator and executive producer Brad Wright has anything to say about it, the franchise will be back with a brand new show – and Daniel Jackson will likely be a part of it.

Wright teased the news to actor Michael Shanks on his new audio podcast for The Companion, “Brad Wright’s Conversations in Sci-Fi.” Shanks will appear as a special guest in the show’s debut episode, which is set to launch soon. Wright talked about how easy it is to write for Daniel’s voice.

“Writing [for Daniel Jackson] – and I have written you more recently, to tease that – I gotta say how easy it is when you’re writing for a character you’ve written 10,000 lines for,” he said. “I can hear your voice very clearly when I’m typing.”

Wright has been working on a long-gestating Stargate project, which he still hopes will be picked up by a broadcaster or streaming platform – despite the delays caused in part by the COVID-19 pandemic. This new tease appears to indicate that he has at least one script in the works, and that the character Daniel Jackson appears in it.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Daniel Jackson Teased for a NEW Stargate Series (News)

Post by McAvoy »

So this is a continuation of the Stargate TV series and not a complete reboot?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Daniel Jackson Teased for a NEW Stargate Series (News)

Post by Teaos »

Sounds like how Jack was used sporadically in SGU.

God I wished they had continued with SGU.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.