Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (HD) (Spoilers)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (HD) (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

Last edited by Nutso on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (HD)

Post by McAvoy »

It's like Goonies meets the Ghostbusters.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh god... am I going insane, or are there... children in this movie? Why? I mean... why? Why would you do that? Why? I'm asking why?

...why?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Oh god... am I going insane, or are there... children in this movie? Why? I mean... why? Why would you do that? Why? I'm asking why?

...why?
Next one will be Ghostbusters in the Retirement Home. A few old men in their walkers and wheelchairs firing off the proton packs that end up tipping them over. The token old woman on the team, the only one that can walk does her little shuffle small step walk to throw the ghost trap that lands upside down.

In the end, it's all not real because it's drugs given to them by the orderlies. Or is it?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Oh god... am I going insane, or are there... children in this movie? Why? I mean... why? Why would you do that? Why? I'm asking why?

...why?
Next one will be Ghostbusters in the Retirement Home. A few old men in their walkers and wheelchairs firing off the proton packs that end up tipping them over. The token old woman on the team, the only one that can walk does her little shuffle small step walk to throw the ghost trap that lands upside down.

In the end, it's all not real because it's drugs given to them by the orderlies. Or is it?
I don't know. That has some interesting subtext there. The elderly afraid of ghosts? They're really afraid of the next stage after old age- death. By destroying whatever is causing the ghosts, they're also destroying their own chances to live beyond death. What is it like to welcome the end? Can you accept death when knowing you can never truly die?
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:
McAvoy wrote:

...why?

I don't know. That has some interesting subtext there. The elderly afraid of ghosts? They're really afraid of the next stage after old age- death. By destroying whatever is causing the ghosts, they're also destroying their own chances to live beyond death. What is it like to welcome the end? Can you accept death when knowing you can never truly die?
Man you are thinking too deep into my rambling.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
McAvoy wrote:

...why?

I really dislike horror and I'd watch the hell outta that.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So does anybody think they'll use CGI to give us a ghost version of Egon Spengler?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So does anybody think they'll use CGI to give us a ghost version of Egon Spengler?
50/50 for me.

Better be a good one if they do.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So does anybody think they'll use CGI to give us a ghost version of Egon Spengler?
Maybe but, voiceless.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (HD) (Spoile

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Best line I've heard about this trailer.

"At one point a character says 'there hasn't been a ghost sighting in thirty years.' Yeah, especially not in 2016, huh? HA!"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Hm? what happened in 2016? ... ;)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nothing... nothing at all.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Something happened in 2016? I haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about. :P