"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The Hunt" Official Trailer [HD]

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay, that looks awesome.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/the- ... 203298774/

This movie's September 27th release has been canceled due to the most recent mass shootings. Apparently, Universal even took down the trailer, maybe only in America since I can no longer see it above.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hmm. I hope they don't bin the movie. I'm all for doing stuff about guns and mass murders (though of course that isn't going to happen), but limiting their depiction in movies is a bit silly IMO.

Related, just tonight we watched True Lies and I read in the IMDB trivia that Cameron planned a sequel to be released in 2002. Everybody was on board to do it, but then 9/11 happened and "suddenly terrorism didn't seem so funny any more"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Hmm. I hope they don't bin the movie. I'm all for doing stuff about guns and mass murders (though of course that isn't going to happen), but limiting their depiction in movies is a bit silly IMO.

Related, just tonight we watched True Lies and I read in the IMDB trivia that Cameron planned a sequel to be released in 2002. Everybody was on board to do it, but then 9/11 happened and "suddenly terrorism didn't seem so funny any more"
Probably will release it at a later date, right now it's a touchy subject here. Probably will be one during the 2020 Election when it starts to hear up.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

It back on schedule.
Stan - South Park