What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:26 am Today I put to sleep the 16 year old yellow lab. Up to a year ago he was a remarkably healthy dog with no issues. He was a friendly, outgoing dog though you could say he was a boring dog. He never had a bad bone in his body.

But this past year he dropped from 80 lbs down to the low 50's and couldn't walk without assistence. He was already more or less blind, deaf, mute and his biggest sense, his nose was gone.

He had a good life, a real long one and I happy that it was a healthy one.
Sorry to hear that. Sounded like a great 16 years.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Labs are just the best and sounds like he was top notch!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:26 am Today I put to sleep the 16 year old yellow lab. Up to a year ago he was a remarkably healthy dog with no issues. He was a friendly, outgoing dog though you could say he was a boring dog. He never had a bad bone in his body.

But this past year he dropped from 80 lbs down to the low 50's and couldn't walk without assistence. He was already more or less blind, deaf, mute and his biggest sense, his nose was gone.

Damn, I'm sorry. :( He was a good doggie.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

He was a good doggie. Never had an issue with him. Always happy, always social. Never had any health problems until this past year where old age just came in like a wrecking ball.

For the first 15 years he never grew out of being puppy, he was known as being the Eternal Puppy. Great with kids and other animals. Very patient, and never was aggressive or temperamental.

He will be sorely missed.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Finally finished moving home, after 3 weeks. Already feeling much better mentally, hopefully mental health services here will be better.

So sorry to here about your loss, I know how devastating that can be. I am glad he was so loved and have a good life.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 pm Finally finished moving home, after 3 weeks. Already feeling much better mentally, hopefully mental health services here will be better.

So sorry to here about your loss, I know how devastating that can be. I am glad he was so loved and have a good life.
Thank you. This one hit less than the other ones. Maybe because he was so long lived and I did it at the right time. Not sure.

His presence is felt when I need the dishes cleaned.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

T minus 1 month until my first kid arrives.

Hard to believe it’s been almost 15 years on the forum/site and how much time and life has passed.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Wow, congratulations Teaos, best wishes for as smooth and easy a transition into fatherhood as possible.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:10 am T minus 1 month until my first kid arrives.

Hard to believe it’s been almost 15 years on the forum/site and how much time and life has passed.
Whoa! Congrats!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:10 am T minus 1 month until my first kid arrives.

Congratulations! Enjoy the quiet while you can. ;)
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Congrats! Diaper Genie or a weekly service if you choose cloth, will save your sanity!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I am about to embark on an Italian journey of learning how to make pasta and pizza doughs from scratch.
Up to now, I've been wary of making any types of bread (without a bread machine), and good pizza is all about the dough/crust.
Pasta was an after-thought but might be an easier starting point.
Apron on, hair tied back in a bun, ready for flour to end up everywhere!!
Luckily I'm already fluent in Italian and can curse like a Sicilian sailor!!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Good luck... May the flour be with you.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:01 am I am about to embark on an Italian journey of learning how to make pasta and pizza doughs from scratch.
Up to now, I've been wary of making any types of bread (without a bread machine), and good pizza is all about the dough/crust.
Pasta was an after-thought but might be an easier starting point.
Apron on, hair tied back in a bun, ready for flour to end up everywhere!!
Luckily I'm already fluent in Italian and can curse like a Sicilian sailor!!
You're halfway there, then! Seriously, I'll echo what Ian said and wish you good luck. :)
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Made an egg pasta one day that was tasty and an egg free pasta the next day that was even better! Such a wonderful dough to work with, I can't wait to make it again! Pizza dough is next!