Video games I love to play!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Video games I love to play!

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Griffin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:09 pm It may not be anywhere near where Will Wright intended it to be, but I still played the shit out of Spore back when. I still fire it up every so often as a modelling tool to design alien races and creatures, and that'll usually end up with me getting distracted and starting a new playthrough.
Spore was the first game on the Xbox one that stressed the processor system resources (it popped up warnings about it).
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

It also stressed the processor system on my ancient Dell laptop using....Microsoft VISTA!!! (runs into the street, screaming as if hair is ablaze)
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 pm It also stressed the processor system on my ancient Dell laptop using....Microsoft VISTA!!! (runs into the street, screaming as if hair is ablaze)
Too much Soul Glow can do that to hair...
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Soul Glow? I believe you have me confused with a certain comic legend who enjoyed an 8 ball and running for his life :shock:
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:20 am Soul Glow? I believe you have me confused with a certain comic legend who enjoyed an 8 ball and running for his life :shock:
lol. It’s a reference to an Eddie Murphy movie “coming to America” from the 80’s. Really oily hair product.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

And highly flammable :happydevil:
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I've been rocking a Nintendo Switch version of Trivial Pursuit, Risk and Monopoly.

Gotta love a classic board game that you can hold in your hand, and can play with various levels of AI opponents.

Added bonus: you never lose any of the tiny pieces from the TP wedges to R armies to the tin/lead alloy M tokens and plastic houses/hotels. Stepping on any of those mentioned in the middle of the night, is as bad as the rare LEGO brick escapee!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have been steadily going through the games of my mini SNES for awhile. First I beat Mega Man X. Superb games even today and challenging. Then it was Zelda Link to the Past. I played that fully, finding all the hearts and upgrades and items. I did cheat for a couple because I forgot where they were.

Final Fantasy 3 or VI as it's called in Japan. I am on and off with it. I am in the Twisted World or Bad World and trying to remember where to find everyone. And the big ticket items too. It's been awhile.

Just started with Earth Bound. This I am going to need to use the internet for since the last time I played this game, Geocities was still a thing and annoyed many people.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I've repeated played some old Wii titles: Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, all the Rabbids titles (still make me howl with laughter), and Spore...which I've played all the platforms of to some success...lol
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Games I am currently playing:
Startopia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startopia
Dawn of War: Retribution (Ork Campaign is funnier, Eldar campaign is more sad/serious) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer ... etribution
UFO: Afterlight - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO:_Afterlight
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I've starting getting some more of the strategy games on Steam, slowly building up my collection. Got "Deity: Empires" which looks pretty cool, but only had a brief jaunt so far, as well as "Stellar Monarch" (which is pretty meh), "Galactic Dominion" and "Stardrive II", both if which I have yet to play. But I shall be getting into them during the week.

I also played a bit of "Age of Civilizations II" which seems fairly decent.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
wikipedia
tv tropes
Paean page
Opening Video (and a few others)
GoG page to buy (currently on sale at 75% off)
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have managed to get Civilization III Complete running on my current PC, and currently am building a colossal mod for it.

I've also been playing Civilization IV, though I prefer III overall.

I own II - VI, might give V and VI another bash some time soon.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."