Series-Spanning Character Arc Ideas

Enterprise
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Series-Spanning Character Arc Ideas

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

P.S. The 98% advancement score info was myself. I was locked into E5 and had an score of 96%, found out that only 20 service members were advanced to E6 that cycle.. fleet wide, who had achieved a 98% or better. I wasn’t near my high year but it was rather disheartening to achieve that score and find out I wasn’t promoted because so many E6’s in my rate were staying in, thus bottlenecking the available positions to only a few persons. Happier now that I’m out but I still remember the disbelief I had when seeing my score and learning I wouldn’t move up.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Series-Spanning Character Arc Ideas

Post by McAvoy »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:34 am P.S. The 98% advancement score info was myself. I was locked into E5 and had an score of 96%, found out that only 20 service members were advanced to E6 that cycle.. fleet wide, who had achieved a 98% or better. I wasn’t near my high year but it was rather disheartening to achieve that score and find out I wasn’t promoted because so many E6’s in my rate were staying in, thus bottlenecking the available positions to only a few persons. Happier now that I’m out but I still remember the disbelief I had when seeing my score and learning I wouldn’t move up.
That is myself as well. I chose the smallest rate in the Navy by accident of course. When I was in we had a series of advancement cycles where literally a handful would be promoted. So I was stuck in my rank for at least a couple of years until they loosened up my rate for promotion.

By then the damage was already done and didn't help the rate closed up again and the only way for me to get promoted was through my command. Which was nearly done but the stipulation was for me to be night check supervisor for my shop for another two years in the command.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"