nice one..
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Spacedock - NX Class Explorer

Post by McAvoy »

I think IMO they could have done a little more with the ship and still kept it mostly the same.

The one that pops in my head was some sort of physical representation of the polarized hull plating. Like a bar that runs across the hull that you could perhaps see energized showing a early version of the 'hull lines' we see in later Star Trek ships.

I would have liked to see energy weapons being relatively new, at least shipboard ones with the ship relying more on missile tech. I always liked how Star Gate SG-1 presented that before they got their plasma beam weapons.

I would have removed the square shaped hull extension on the hull that is an obvious leftover from the Akira. Or at least bring it forward so it looks like a expansion sectiin meant for the deflector dish (which would have been bigger).

Outside that the design isn't that bad as long as you ignore the Akira class ripoff.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

McAvoy wrote:I think IMO they could have done a little more with the ship and still kept it mostly the same.

The one that pops in my head was some sort of physical representation of the polarized hull plating. Like a bar that runs across the hull that you could perhaps see energized showing a early version of the 'hull lines' we see in later Star Trek ships.
The polarized thing was a good idea...only I would have avoided the history of the remaining percentage ... which made them equal in effect to the shields
I would have liked to see energy weapons being relatively new, at least shipboard ones with the ship relying more on missile tech. I always liked how Star Gate SG-1 presented that before they got their plasma beam weapons.
the spatial torpedo was actually that.

in SG1 the series began to decay when the Terrans passed through a season to be moved back to the lords of the universe
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

bladela wrote:
McAvoy wrote:I think IMO they could have done a little more with the ship and still kept it mostly the same.

The polarized thing was a good idea...only I would have avoided the history of the remaining percentage ... which made them equal in effect to the shields
the spatial torpedo was actually that.

in SG1 the series began to decay when the Terrans passed through a season to be moved back to the lords of the universe
I agree. Writers I guess had to use something to show that the polarized hull plating was failing or holding up. Personally I woukd have liked to hear 'starboard polarized hull plating is failing/holding'.

SG-1 I liked how the presented itself in how the progression of their starship tech was shown. In how they had a hard time with FTL, their weapons really didn't do much against shielded opponents because it was still just a minor extension of today's tech. The moment they got thd Asgard Plasma beam weapons then they could basically fight any ship.

I woukd have liked to see the NX class not shoot beams but pulses from turrets because pulses don't heat up as much as beams do. Or something like that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park