Brannon Braga: Archer Was Future Guy

Enterprise
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Brannon Braga: Archer Was Future Guy

Post by Nutso »

Archer was Future Guy. He was manipulating his own destiny from the future. But why...?
https://twitter.com/BrannonBraga/status ... 8743213056

And that's it. I don't know if Braga is just dragging this along or he genuinely didn't think further ahead than the idea.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brannon Braga: Archer Was Future Guy

Post by Graham Kennedy »

From what I've read, they didn't know who Future Guy was. The only idea they had for him is that he would be a Romulan.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I've seen an interview that said they didnt know who he was. Which just sums up Enterprise for you right there.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That isn't surprising. I mean when they thought of the guy I don't think they were planning on using an already established person. Nor would they need to create a character for Future Guy until they knew how or what to use him besides being a unknown character.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"