"Zero Hour"

Enterprise
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

"Zero Hour"

Post by Varthikes »

This was a goof listed for "Zero Hour" on IMDb.

At the end of the episode, the Xindi-Aquatics carry Enterprise back to Earth. They arrive in Sol System, the Xindi release Enterprise and leave. As they approach Earth, Reed and Sato notice something isn't right. Eventually, they discover they have somehow been transported back to 1944. This leads to the question: why didn't the Xindi realize something was off (like the stars not being where they should be)?

I figured that Daniels probably transported the Enterprise back 200 years at some point between leaving the Xindi hangar bay and entering Earth orbit. They were still pretty far from Earth when the Xindi released them, just a small blue dot on the viewscreen. The Xindi-Aquatics probably paid no further mind to the Earth ship after it was out of their hangar bay, and so didn't notice (or just didn't care) as the Enterprise disappeared from their sensors just before re-entering the FTL vortex.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: "Zero Hour"

Post by bladela »

maybe they simply reentered the vortex and couldn't detect it anymore

the big goof of that season is the vortex system, in fact the xindi had a working transwarp-like drive in the 22th century and they just lose in the following years...

they could have easily conquered the quadrant i think :D
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

It's possible the vortex system was given to them by the Sphere-Builders. When they were defeated, the technology was eventually neglected and fell into disuse.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

Varthikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 pm It's possible the vortex system was given to them by the Sphere-Builders. When they were defeated, the technology was eventually neglected and fell into disuse.
maybe it simply stopped working after their defeat, it would be more acceptable...
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Varthikes wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 pm It's possible the vortex system was given to them by the Sphere-Builders. When they were defeated, the technology was eventually neglected and fell into disuse.
There is something I wish to point out about the vortex’s. Remember in TNG episodes The Descent parts 1 & 2. The artificially created energy conduits. The way they looked and functioned seems remarkably close to the Xindi vortex’s. Just a 20... maybe 30 watt lightbulb of a thought over my head. 🙂
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”