Tweak one thing - ENT

Enterprise
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Tweak one thing - ENT

Post by McAvoy »

I want to start a thing where we talk about if there is one minor thing you could tweak about a series, what would it be. It can't change how the series is handled during its run. But if you could change something about the series that is small, let's hear it.

This cannot be about the Enterprise design and technology.

I think Mayweather should be a weathered freighter crewmember that wanted to do more than pilot ships that took months to reach a place. He has been there and back again. He is more experienced than Archer in space flight. He can be at odds and sometimes agree with T'Pol in dangers of deep space. He is older than everyone. Maybe he has Archer by a couple of years. He has a family on some planet he visited before.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Tweak one thing - ENT

Post by Coalition »

Have a basic map on the wall of Archer's quarters, to show where they are relative to earth. Add basic color codes on the planets so people can get an idea of what they are (i.e. unknown, friendly/not, function, attacked by Romulans, etc).

his would give a rough guide of where the ship is as the series goes on, you get to see Earth-friendly space expanding, and as attacks occur you can see the effects
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

How About... One season ISNT one year, but several? Like, the episodes "speed of plot" is less powerful and "speed of the ship" is more powerful... I mean, not powerful... um...

"I can have him on kronus in five days"

Every fan who knows the warp 5 engine is really bloody slow, so this puts 'Kronus' at Really Stupidly Fucking Close to a world that would be at the heart of federation space and therefore should have been attacked by Klingons waaay too quickly etc: "What"

Maybe a few weeks, or have the Vulcans point out that they're hoping for 'favourable subspace conditions' aka the so-called Warp weather-like Slipstream that can make the difference between a 7 or 9 hour flight.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 pm How About... One season ISNT one year, but several? Like, the episodes "speed of plot" is less powerful and "speed of the ship" is more powerful... I mean, not powerful... um...

Every fan who knows the warp 5 engine is really bloody slow, so this puts 'Kronus' at Really Stupidly Fucking Close to a world that would be at the heart of federation space and therefore should have been attacked by Klingons waaay too quickly etc: "What"

Maybe a few weeks, or have the Vulcans point out that they're hoping for 'favourable subspace conditions' aka the so-called Warp weather-like Slipstream that can make the difference between a 7 or 9 hour flight.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe not several but a few years. Or as long as they plan on making that season. Like the Xindi arc was basically a year so stick with that. But jumping each episode by weeks or months between each episode would help. Like each mission or survey they do takes awhile to get to will take longer due to their more limited tech.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 pm How About... One season ISNT one year, but several? Like, the episodes "speed of plot" is less powerful and "speed of the ship" is more powerful... I mean, not powerful... um...

I like this idea.

I would have liked to not have seen some of the species like the Klingons and Ferengi, at least no open contact with the Klingons of the period. Maybe seen some more of early colonies.

I also did not like the whole Temporal Cold War thing.

It also bugged me that they never bothered to check on the Terra Nova colony at all in over 70 years.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

For Terra Nova, change it so they didn't even know about it. More involvement of the Tellerites (that also shows hints of why we'd not see them). More Shran.

... Must have more Shran. And Soval. And Shran - Soval interactions.

God I miss those two.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Definitely more of the Tellarites would be good. It is a shame that TNG, DS9, and VOY didn't make use of the Andorians and Tellarites, as founding members of the Federation.

They do appear to be going to feature in Discovery season 3.

I would have preferred if Enterprise had focused more on the lead up to the Romulan War, the establishment of early Earth colonies, instead of the addition of the Temporal Cold War and Xindi.

Humans (specifically Archer) being the glue that cemented the alliance and ended the conflicts between the other founding species should still be included, as it gives some credence to Earth being the location of the Federation capital, a nd the seemingly dominance of Humans in the Federation.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:49 am Definitely more of the Tellarites would be good. It is a shame that TNG, DS9, and VOY didn't make use of the Andorians and Tellarites, as founding members of the Federation.

They do appear to be going to feature in Discovery season 3.

I would have preferred if Enterprise had focused more on the lead up to the Romulan War, the establishment of early Earth colonies, instead of the addition of the Temporal Cold War and Xindi.

Humans (specifically Archer) being the glue that cemented the alliance and ended the conflicts between the other founding species should still be included, as it gives some credence to Earth being the location of the Federation capital, a nd the seemingly dominance of Humans in the Federation.
That is what I wanted too. You could even keep the Vulcans warnings/fear that Humans are expanding too fast that they may annoy the other powers.

Even have Vulcans be aware of the Romulans and do their best to keep humans away from them. That they are aware of the Romulans are amassing a fleet far larger and powerful than what the Vulcans. Maybe have some episodes where we find out that the fleet the Romulans are creating is for the Unification of Vulcan and Romulus. Then Romulans are being keenly aware of the humans and their in roads to make treaties with various races.

The Great Romulan Plot could easily replace Temporal Cold War.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah something to do with time and travel. It felt no different t to other trek.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

More Mayweather. The guy was practically a blinking mannequin. Have him be an old hand, or the Sergeant Rock of the main crew.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am More Mayweather. The guy was practically a blinking mannequin. Have him be an old hand, or the Sergeant Rock of the main crew.
Mayweather should have been the most experienced guy on the crew. Not even talking about his age. I think him growing up in space should have allowed him for being more mature beyond his years when it came to space. And it was his whole character in the beginning but they never did anything.

Like he could be the one talking along with T'Pol about some aliens. Being able to read them, figuring out what they are up to. Remembering tidbits about them. Like he would be the guy doing briefings to the crew about Port calls on alien worlds.

He should not have been written as a wide eyed space amateur.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:26 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am More Mayweather. The guy was practically a blinking mannequin. Have him be an old hand, or the Sergeant Rock of the main crew.
Mayweather should have been the most experienced guy on the crew. Not even talking about his age. I think him growing up in space should have allowed him for being more mature beyond his years when it came to space. And it was his whole character in the beginning but they never did anything.

Like he could be the one talking along with T'Pol about some aliens. Being able to read them, figuring out what they are up to. Remembering tidbits about them. Like he would be the guy doing briefings to the crew about Port calls on alien worlds.

He should not have been written as a wide eyed space amateur.
Exactly! The guy probably had more time in space than the rest of the senior staff combined, with the exception of T'Pol. By all rights and logic he should've been a main character.
N'tran DS 12
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by N'tran DS 12 »

Change the entire Xindi arc to the Romulan war.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

N'tran DS 12 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:03 am Change the entire Xindi arc to the Romulan war.
This would have worked much better for me.