Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: "Why Didn't Voyager Use The Bajoran Wormhole?"

Post by DarkMoineau »

Is the title supposed to attract attention when everyone here know Voyager and Bajoran Wormhole are in two different quadrant?
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:Is the title supposed to attract attention when everyone here know Voyager and Bajoran Wormhole are in two different quadrant?
Arguably, Voyager was closer to the far end of the Bajoran wormhole than it was to the Federation.

The thing is, we don't actually know where the far end of the Bajoran wormhole is in galactic terms, so we can't say for sure that it's closer. And even if it were, who's to say that it would even still be there when you arrived? Yes it was stable for 10,000 years before DS9 started, but people tried to blow it up more than once during the show. Be embarrassing to spend 40 years getting there and find it gone when you arrived.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

DarkMoineau wrote:Is the title supposed to attract attention when everyone here know Voyager and Bajoran Wormhole are in two different quadrant?
I didn't have a better idea, so I used the uploader's title.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Old question for the past 25 years...

Outof universe, Voyager and Deep Space Nine was to be kept seperate from each other.

IU, maybe it was the Dominion but at that point the Federation didn't really know that much about them.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I think that would’ve been an excellent ending to voyager though... imagine that being the end of the show. Voyager coming through the bajorian wormhole right next to DS9? Not as visually stimulating as seeing them heading to earth but would’ve been a nice tie up between both shows.

Then they could’ve had seven of nine get a position on the station and replace the position jadzia Dax has as science officer, “someone who knows more about temporal mechanics than any of us” <-Chakotay in “shattered”. Tuvok and Odo could’ve bantered back an forth over security issues and proper law enforcement. Wolf and Chakotay could’ve butted heads over who should be the stations new C.O. (After Sisko went all fire cave spelunking). There’s so much to think about happening!? Lol. Mind boggling amusement!
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 am I think that would’ve been an excellent ending to voyager though... imagine that being the end of the show. Voyager coming through the bajorian wormhole right next to DS9? Not as visually stimulating as seeing them heading to earth but would’ve been a nice tie up between both shows.

Then they could’ve had seven of nine get a position on the station and replace the position jadzia Dax has as science officer, “someone who knows more about temporal mechanics than any of us” <-Chakotay in “shattered”. Tuvok and Odo could’ve bantered back an forth over security issues and proper law enforcement. Wolf and Chakotay could’ve butted heads over who should be the stations new C.O. (After Sisko went all fire cave spelunking). There’s so much to think about happening!? Lol. Mind boggling amusement!
Well if I am unsure it would have been an idea to go to Bajoran Wormhole instead of Earth (even if Dominion was unknown, a lot was unknown about the worhmole... and once Dominon known... well Voyager would have been shot without a warning as they didn't knew but Dominion and Federation were at war).... I can't deny your way to describe Work and Chakotay or Tuvok and Odo relationship make me want to see it ^^
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

:laughroll: :laughroll: Just for fun. :laughroll: :laughroll:
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

MacTalk was more convincing in Wall-E ^^
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

DarkMoineau wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:11 am MacTalk was more convincing in Wall-E ^^
Lol. I know, It is a blatant spoof of it. :)