SF Debris: Omega Directive

Voyager
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SF Debris: Omega Directive

Post by LaughingCheese »

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-re ... ew-7035912

Ok, so, if Omega destroys subspace, isn't that kind of saying its destroying a patch of the universe?

Since subspace is kind of like the superstructure of the universe or something, or at least that's what it seems to be.

And shouldn't expansion of the universe mean that those "destroyed" spots would just get filled in?

#overthink :mrgreen:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Omega Directive

Post by Monroe »

That seems to make sense. Also, if there were many of these in the early Universe how did the big bang happen? Soon as it happened i would have been destroyed and the Universe never would have expanded beyond a the smallest moment of time.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Maybe it doesn't really destroy subspace but 'distort' enough for war drove not to work.

We have seen that warp drive does interact with subspace for older style Warp drives to damage it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Monroe wrote:That seems to make sense. Also, if there were many of these in the early Universe how did the big bang happen? Soon as it happened i would have been destroyed and the Universe never would have expanded beyond a the smallest moment of time.
LOL good point, why didn't I think of that?? :laughroll:

McAvoy wrote:Maybe it doesn't really destroy subspace but 'distort' enough for war drove not to work.

We have seen that warp drive does interact with subspace for older style Warp drives to damage it.
Did you mean "warp drive" ? :P
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Fucking autocorrect.

It seems like my phone hates the text field on this site.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I loved this episode when it first came out, the idea of the Federation blatantly going, Prime Directive above all, apart from this time, when fuck it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I liked it because it was a new concept.