The return to Delta and other quadrants

Voyager
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The return to Delta and other quadrants

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Just wondering about things (no, it’s not a nitpick thread this time but one of scientific curiosity) in regards to the quantum slipstream and other mentioned technology that would make trips back to Delta WORTH it to star fleet and other powers.

First off:
My curiosity. The slipstream tunnel. They kept having issues with a phase variance. At one point, the variance caused a loss of communication between the delta flier and voyager, to me meaning a shifting on an essentially l quantum level.. phasing the flier out of the same spacial region as voyager occupied. So any actual thoughts of what the variance was and why a difference of greater than .4 caused spacial turbulence and higher levels equaled the ship being thrown out of the slipstream entirely and crippled in a big way?

Secondly:

The teleportation system that allows upwards of 40K LY traveling distances. Imagine a deep space mission to not only seek to acquire the technology to do this but having a generation ship that could establish settlements and/or terraform planets along the way back to earth? Think of it. Establishing a transportation pad about every 20-30,000 LY’s apart and traveling to and from the Ocompa homeworld! It would only mean a few minutes travel instead of several decades time to get there.

Thirdly:
Analyzing and duplicating the care takers transportation beam (which in hindsight seemed to be an extremely advanced version of the soliton wave -> moving crafts at high warp speeds without requiring any power from the ship in transit). Voyager would have all the Sensor log data from the entire trip to review, Tuvok took detailed tricorder scans of the caretakers array equipment and even learned how to operate it as to send the ship back (though the charging process would take seven hours to do so). Between these two data sources, starfleet should be able to replicate the transportation wave used to make a 70k LY trip in moments, possible! The returning to the far end of the delta quadrant or any other quadrant becomes practical. In fact, the care taker said they were from outside our galaxy. Perhaps the transportation wave has even greater travel distances than merely across the milky way.

That’s all for now!
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The return to Delta and other quadrants

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

1st: I judged it as an aspect of dimensional shifting - that is pushing the 4-dimensional "voyager and Crew" into the tunnel that is a multidimensional 'tunnel' and unfortunately being unable to keep such a, 4-dimensionally-large pocket of 'real space / matter' , hence why the flyer made it back versus Voyager, well, not. Voyager just didn't have whatever was necessary to enable such a large pocket of real space in multidimensional blabla treknobabble here.

2nd: I do believe it was established as an aspect of the planet that enabled such a huge distance, with a long-range beacon to 'pull back' (they didn't have to go find another pad to teleport back)... so the beaming tech isn't actually ONE way, but TWO way, just... like I said, over those distances you need a remote activation/beacon

3rd
doubt Voyager has the sensor data given that the (agree, solitan wave was my guess) thing basically damaged Voyagers' systems during transit (and it was that damage that killed a large portion of the starfleet crew like Cavit and the Medical staff)., and I doubt the Tricorder has a decent enough range within a station that probably had safeguards against that though not necessarily from blocking it from detecting life signs.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The return to Delta and other quadrants

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

1: Very interesting! the possibility of it being a artificial Quantum Singularity bubble, never occurred to me. It would actually make a little sense too. They use the deflector to magic themselves up a temporal 4D ((yes.... I know one of the D’s in the 4 is “Time”))pocket of space (imagining an advanced warp bubble kind of pocket), and that’s where the structural quantum stresses would’ve hypothetically come from. The bubble trying to snap back into nothingness, crushing the ship inside. Voyager was tossed out like a drunk kardashian. But the flier (being smaller) was able to stay in the bubble for longer until it finally collapsed. I was going to mention the hull differences between the two ships but left it out as I needed more documentation... led me to ordering books from amazon.

2. Remote activation you say? “iWatch... ACTIVATE!” :D
3. Nice to know I wasn’t the only one who thought the caretakers wave is similar to the Soliton wave generators wave. :)
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”