Back Trek- Star Trek History- Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Back Trek- Star Trek History- Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3

Post by Nutso »

In this, the continuation of our definitive look in to Star Trek History, we're taking a look at the making of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3! I hope you enjoy :)
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Back Trek- Star Trek History- Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3

Post by McAvoy »

Out of curiosity Nutso, are you the author of these videos? Just curious.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:30 am Out of curiosity Nutso, are you the author of these videos? Just curious.
No. I have nothing to offer to neither DITL or Star Trek fandom, let alone the world.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Neither do I. Willingly I suppose. I do have a whole folder on a imaganiary website that I will never setup, but many many articles I havd written. Sort of like a fan fiction I guess.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:46 pm Neither do I. Willingly I suppose. I do have a whole folder on a imaganiary website that I will never setup, but many many articles I havd written. Sort of like a fan fiction I guess.
The only ideas I have, are ideas I stole from someone else.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I sort of just combine my own ideas with others that I have seen or heard.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:07 am I sort of just combine my own ideas with others that I have seen or heard.
Here's to us un-creatives, buddy.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Lol I wouldn't say I am uncreative. Take for example I have this idea about the Galaxy class. Alot of fans seem to think the Galaxy came first and then others came after it. Me, I think it was a long lead in development from the Ambassador to the New Orleans, Cheyenne and then Nebula class. Where then they took the final step in that development and then developed the GCS.

But at the same I do agree with some fans that the class wasn't pushed to its limits in technology as the Federation at the time was allies with the Klingons, Romulans were a no show and the Cardassians were never a true threat. So they didn't push it that far thinking the GCS would be good enough for the political climate of the time. They were complacent.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Yeah, there's some registry numbers out there that show the Nebula came quite a bit before the Galaxy. (And also, was Picard the First captain of the Ent-D? I like to think, actually, no)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 am Yeah, there's some registry numbers out there that show the Nebula came quite a bit before the Galaxy. (And also, was Picard the First captain of the Ent-D? I like to think, actually, no)
Actually you could debate that Picard may not in fact be E-D's first captain. There could have been a captain on his last year's before retirement being the captain of the Enterprise during her construction and between her launching and commissioning.

Remember Picard in All Good Things pretty much took command of the Enterprise right before Farpoint. And since Picard didn't notice anything wrong with that aspect of him going back in time, we can assume it was correct.