Truth OR Myth? Starfleet Starships- The Cheyenne Class

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Truth OR Myth? Starfleet Starships- The Cheyenne Class

Post by Nutso »

Today's episode of Truth OR Myth is a little bit different, as we're taking a look at the Cheyenne Class. Though the Class IS canon, there isn't a lot of canon information on the design itself. And so I've scoured all my Beta Canon resources to include all the widely accepted information on this class and added to it with my own imagination! I hope you enjoy! :)
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Truth OR Myth? Starfleet Starships- The Cheyenne Class

Post by McAvoy »

I have to admit out of the kit ashes, I like this one the most just due to it being far less obvious of an kitbash. I like the New Orleans but you look at it the more you can see it was made from two different size models.

The Cheyenne to me seems like a nice small sized (relative to a Ambassador or Galaxy class) ship that is built for speed. You could argue the frontal shape of the saucer lends to that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm I have to admit out of the kit ashes, I like this one the most just due to it being far less obvious of an kitbash. I like the New Orleans but you look at it the more you can see it was made from two different size models.

The Cheyenne to me seems like a nice small sized (relative to a Ambassador or Galaxy class) ship that is built for speed. You could argue the frontal shape of the saucer lends to that.
I can't say I loved this one. I don't hate it but, I was never interested in looking into it. The New Orleans Class on the other hand, to me that looks really interesting and I want to know what those parts on it are. It looked liked a mini Galaxy class, but made for some other specific missions.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:16 am
McAvoy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm I have to admit out of the kit ashes, I like this one the most just due to it being far less obvious of an kitbash. I like the New Orleans but you look at it the more you can see it was made from two different size models.

I can't say I loved this one. I don't hate it but, I was never interested in looking into it. The New Orleans Class on the other hand, to me that looks really interesting and I want to know what those parts on it are. It looked liked a mini Galaxy class, but made for some other specific missions.
I like the New Orleans class myself. Even though if you look at it from the side, the thing looks pregnant. Which of course is because it's using two different scale E-D models. Bit it definitely has a mini GCS look to it.

The Cheyenne class to me looks like it's fast. It is a simple kitbash but logical. Looks like a natural TNG Era version of the Constellation class.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"