Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Truth OR Myth? Klingon Starships- The Negh'Var Class

Post by McAvoy »

There is another YouTube channel who created a unique Klingon backstory for the Negh Var and the Vorcha. According to that channel, they were connected (can't remember how) in Klingon mythology. I will look him up tomorrow. Though with fan pages like that you will have to get over the little over the top way of how he 'recounts' the Klingon mythology.

I always liked the design myself. Has a bulky Klingon feel to it. Looks powerful.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:57 am There is another YouTube channel who created a unique Klingon backstory for the Negh Var and the Vorcha. According to that channel, they were connected (can't remember how) in Klingon mythology. I will look him up tomorrow. Though with fan pages like that you will have to get over the little over the top way of how he 'recounts' the Klingon mythology.

I always liked the design myself. Has a bulky Klingon feel to it. Looks powerful.
Did you find the video?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Look up Venom Geek Media 98. He has other videos doing the same type of history of the other classes within the Klingon Empire. He also does it for the Romulans.

He also created his own fanfic storyline for the Pre-TNG Cardassian Border War with the Federation too.

It's not bad if you can get past from the obvious thing that he isn't a trained voice actor or a natural one like some can be.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I gave up trying to make that link work.

Used to be so simple...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Fixed it for you. It's now even simpler. Just take the code and put it between the YouTube tags. (the code v=<code> part)
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:18 pm Fixed it for you. It's now even simpler. Just take the code and put it between the YouTube tags. (the code v=<code> part)
What code? Youtube's copied url? In between [ Youtube][/Youtube ]? I did that and it didnt work. Cant copy the youtube address either though from the address bar.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

If you look at a youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytBA4N9Ltk

Take part after v= and put that between tags.

[ youtube ]TytBA4N9Ltk[ /youtube ] (the spaces are there to prevent it from showing the video so you can see the text.

Previously you used to have to do take the code and then add "https://www.youtube.com/embed/" before it and then place it between the video tags.

You've never been able to copy from the youtube url and just put it here (unless you just wanted a link). YouTube prevents that from working.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:30 pm If you look at a youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytBA4N9Ltk

Take part after v= and put that between tags.

[ youtube ]TytBA4N9Ltk[ /youtube ] (the spaces are there to prevent it from showing the video so you can see the text.

Previously you used to have to do take the code and then add "https://www.youtube.com/embed/" before it and then place it between the video tags.

You've never been able to copy from the youtube url and just put it here (unless you just wanted a link). YouTube prevents that from working.
Ahh I see it.

*I did put spaces in my example as well.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Spaces likely wouldn't be a problem.
email, ergo spam