Worf's promotion.

The Next Generation

What year does Worf take command of the Enterprise?

No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
33%
No votes
33%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 3
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Worf's promotion.

Post by Meste17 »

So i am wondering exactly what year Worf is promoted to Captain of the USS Enterprise-E? I only ask as the data on it from the Picard novel Last Best Hope is not specific. I'm honestly thinking 2384.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Worf's promotion.

Post by IanKennedy »

There's no Canon source and as you've just said no book to tell you. Anything else is just speculation.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

He has to jump to commander and then Captain. Then there is that possibility that saving Jadzia really did screw up his chance to command a ship of his own.

So I think 1984 seems like a good enough date to me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

1984?
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 am1984?
Time travel.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 am1984?
Sorry I meant 2002.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Memory Alpha lists Picard's promotion and initial meetings as occuring in 2381-82.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There is the strong possibility that the E-E has been replaced by the E-F too with a new captain. With a new command staff not connected to Picard. Just like how the crew of the E-B didn't have carry overs from the E-A the with exception of Sulu's daughter.

Would Worf even still be in Starfleet either. I have to rewatch it again but I got the impression that Riker was sort of retired or in the reserves in Picard. Troi seemed to be fully out of it. Nice continuity would having La Forge being the captain of the GCS USS Challenger. Who knows what Beverly is doing. Which is a pity because you'd think she might have been there at some point for Picard
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IIRC Worf is one of the people Zhaban suggests Picard reach out to before he decides to go out on his own.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sonic Glitch wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am IIRC Worf is one of the people Zhaban suggests Picard reach out to before he decides to go out on his own.
That's true. Though you can take that either way. He is still in Starfleet with his own command which would mean he could be disobeying Starfleet Command if they find out Picard. Or he is out of Starfleet and either has his own ship or has enough pull to get one. Like a Bird of Prey or something.